2022 Cincinnati Bengals

Like Burrow. Don’t much like the Chiefs. The Burrowhead and Daddy stuff from the idiot mayor certainly fueled the Chiefs fire.
It was stupid and the Chiefs deserve to talk s**t back after that. However, the officials were atrocious.

Lots of blame on Ossai, deservingly so, but the punt team also gave KC great field position to start in my opinion.

I was totally lost when you need 3 yards that you decide to pass the ball 30 yards downfield. Get up on the line, no way Burrow goes down without the first, then start working your way downfield.

The defense did a decent job, but man secondary penalties extended drives.

Offensively, the OL was swiss cheese. I get it, they're backups, but come'on, you're a professional athlete. If the organization is going to try and keep the Super Bowl window open, then there are going to be a lot of tough decisions to make.

Offensively:
Item #1- PAY Burrow!
Item #2- Decide which WR you are going to have to let go so you can pay for a decent OL. In my opinion, cut Boyd and find an OL that replaces his contract.
Item #3- Re-evaluate the coaching staff.

Defensively: idk

I think I watched that game a bit less biased than many as i pull for both teams nearly equally. I felt KC got many calls, do overs etc that were not benefited to Cincinnati. That said , it likely did come down to one play in the end, but it took many plays to set that final mistake up, not the least of which was a blown block in the back not called on the punt return.

Oh well. There's still one more chance next year before Burrow's rookie contract is up.

Burrow grew a ton this year. Needs to still keep learning. 2nd and 3 yards, you have to get first down. Today was the day. Chiefs had no wide receivers. QB was not up to his standards. Lots of Rookie Defensive Backs. Fruit was ripe for picking. Next year will tell.

I agree, but it doesn't happen if they just directionally kick at the sideline.
Are you old enough to remember 2002 National Championship game between OSU and Miami?

It ended alright for OSU but they had almost the exact same situation where a kick out of bounds that would eliminate a return did not happen and Miami returned to to get a score and get to overtime. This time it did not work out as well for such a mistake.

This team has overachieved 2 years in a row because of Joe Burrow, the only thing holding this team back from a SB championship is a decent oline.
well they did have a few players out on that line.... i still can't believe that the NFL only lets a team field 53 players for a game......they should have at least 60 players dressed for a game....

Burrow grew a ton this year. Needs to still keep learning. 2nd and 3 yards, you have to get first down. Today was the day. Chiefs had no wide receivers. QB was not up to his standards. Lots of Rookie Defensive Backs. Fruit was ripe for picking. Next year will tell.
Don't need a great sec. when the QB has no time to throw. Mahomes played very well. KC has proven oline is more important than wr's.

blaming 58 for loss is like losers complaining about the Oline.

jtk
()
I don't blame Ossai for the loss he had a good game overall but the oline again was abysmal and the Bengals will never win a Super Bowl till they fix that line. After KC lost to Tampa Bay several years ago in the SB they signed Brown, Thuney, and drafted Humphries the Bengals want to keep Joe Franchise healthy they need to do the same.

Last edited:
I don't blame Ossai for the loss he had a good game overall but the oline again was abysmal and the Bengals will never win a Super Bowl till they fix that line. After KC lost to Tampa Bay several years ago in the SB they signed Brown, Thuney, and drafted Humphries the Bengals want to keep Joe Franchise healthy they need to do the same.
They spent a fortune on FA O-line last off-season....That O-line was really coming together til week 17 when 3/5ths of em' got season ending injuries....Every single O-lineman in college wears those big metal slat knee braces that offer protection when they get rolled up on from the side. Few if any NFL guys wear them, Bengals need to make them mandatory going forward. Players Association probably would not allow it, but losing Collins, Cappa, and Williams heading into the playoffs made this a very different offense.

Ossai played his off, nothing to be ashamed of. One play doesn’t lose a game. Bengals had the ball and didn’t make plays at the very end, KC did, end of story
One play can lose a game if it happens at a key time at the end. If 58 just doesn’t deliver the unnecessary push of Mahomes the game likely goes into OT and the Bengals stay alive. As a Vikings fan, Cousins was having a good game against the Giants, but his bad decision to throw behind the sticks on 4th and 8 effectively ended the Vikings season. Timing is everything.

They spent a fortune on FA O-line last off-season....That O-line was really coming together til week 17 when 3/5ths of em' got season ending injuries....Every single O-lineman in college wears those big metal slat knee braces that offer protection when they get rolled up on from the side. Few if any NFL guys wear them, Bengals need to make them mandatory going forward. Players Association probably would not allow it, but losing Collins, Cappa, and Williams heading into the playoffs made this a very different offense.
very well said... those boys starting last night, they win that game.... the old saying , injuries are part of the game...... trust me, injuries killed my fantasy team this year.....

very well said... those boys starting last night, they win that game.... the old saying , injuries are part of the game...... trust me, injuries killed my fantasy team this year.....
Too many games. 20 to 21 games to reach the Super Bowl? Way too many. We are not getting the NFL best product on the field this late in the year. Nothing matters but the Benjamins.