2022 Cincinnati Bengals

Congrats Bengals fans - that was one He// of a team performance. Mixon getting 100+ was really unexpected against that defense with OL backups - just a great job by that group. Defense just keeps getting better and better. And Burrow showed that he is clearly all that. Kid is sensational.

But looking past KC to the Super Bowl is a dangerous frame of mind...

Congrats Bengals fans - that was one He// of a team performance. Mixon getting 100+ was really unexpected against that defense with OL backups - just a great job by that group. Defense just keeps getting better and better. And Burrow showed that he is clearly all that. Kid is sensational.

But looking past KC to the Super Bowl is a dangerous frame of mind...
The Bengals aren't looking past KC.

It does not matter what fans do.

Unfortunately, might be his last year in Cincy.
I'm not so sure anyone will hire Anarumo as a head coach. Don't get me wrong he might be the best defensive coordinator in the NFL but if you take a closer look at what type of coaches are dominating the NFL and winning Super Bowls the last few years it ain't defensive minded guys. Of the 8 teams playing yesterday only one had a defensive head coach and that was the Bills.

As a Bills fan I can't help but think that Cowherd was right when he declared that former defensive coordinators no longer make good head coaches. That their time had passed and the decline of the Patriots under Belichick was the canary in the coal mine. Only McDermitt in Buffalo was successful. But we Bills fans had noticed that in big games over the last couple of years the coaching left much to be desired (13 seconds anyone?).

My sense is that defensive coaches don't know how to use generational QB talent in the way that offensive minded coaches do. Look at Staley in LA wasting Herbert's talents. I think the same could be said of McDermitt with Allen. You guys saw the Bills O line - it stinks. It's may be one of the worst O lines in football (PFF grades it very low). And other then Diggs what Bills skill player would start for the Bengals? None. Allen hides a lot of deficiencies on that offense. Meanwhile McDermitt & Bean (Bills GM) have invested almost all their draft capital & free agent signings on the defense. Specifically the defensive line You saw how that worked out yesterday.

Thanks for letting me vent. The Bengals looked great and I think they can win the SB this year. It will be easy for me to root for them going forward.

It will be interesting to see how the Bengal's deal with the Chiefs defense with their depleted O line. Unlike the Bills who basically play a dime package the whole damn game, KC will take a lot of defensive chances and try to exploit the Bengal's O line. My sense is that while it would work against a team with a lesser QB playing behind a banged up line Burrow and company will gash the Chiefs for big pass plays down the field.

It will be interesting to see how the Bengal's deal with the Chiefs defense with their depleted O line. Unlike the Bills who basically play a dime package the whole damn game, KC will take a lot of defensive chances and try to exploit the Bengal's O line. My sense is that while it would work against a team with a lesser QB playing behind a banged up line Burrow and company will gash the Chiefs for big pass plays down the field.
Chris Jones is the key to KC defense. I expect the Chiefs to line Jones up over Volson (LG) to draw the double team from Karras (C) which leaves Jackson Carman (LT) on an island with the DE.

That being said, the Chiefs have not been able to slow down the Bengals offensive the last 3 games. I expect 9 possessions for the Chiefs. The Bengals need to hold them to 3 TD's and 2 FG's. That means 4 stops, either punts or turnovers.

The Bengals will need 4 TD's. I think they'll get a FG as well.

31-27 Bengals.

Game ending INT for the win by the beleaguered Dax Hill.

Chris Jones is the key to KC defense. I expect the Chiefs to line Jones up over Volson (LG) to draw the double team from Karras (C) which leaves Jackson Carman (LT) on an island with the DE.

That being said, the Chiefs have not been able to slow down the Bengals offensive the last 3 games. I expect 9 possessions for the Chiefs. The Bengals need to hold them to 3 TD's and 2 FG's. That means 4 stops, either punts or turnovers.

The Bengals will need 4 TD's. I think they'll get a FG as well.

31-27 Bengals.

Game ending INT for the win by the beleaguered Dax Hill.
It may not be that close if Mahomes is unable to go or his mobility is severely compromised.

As an aside and in addition to Jones I would expect Clark to also pose a significant threat here as they can move him from OT to OT working the edge rush.

Agree, helps that Mahomes is banged up, limits his scrambling ability. 6:30 pm start.
I'm not entirely sold on that game plan. Maholmes has struggled in 3 games against the Bengals. Not because of Pressure but because the Bengals drop 8 and make really tight windows. Maholmes has more time but can't hit ultra tight windows. This defense gives up yards but stops TD's. Maholmes numbers have been very average against this D. Ironically it gives the Chiefs running lanes that they not taken, even when leading.

The Chiefs live and die with Maholmes and the Bengals have been willing to give up runs to take away the pass. This takes the ball away from Maholmes which the Chiefs don't want to do.

Of course. But when fans and media are susceptible to thinking it, so are the players. Let's face it, if Mahomes is hobbling, he is not Mahomes. The players will all say the right things, but human nature might be to think it will be an easier game...

1674516267131.png

Given the Bengals have beaten the Chiefs 3 straight times, is it a successful season if the Bengals lose on Sunday?

You typically can't answer that question until all the dust settles at the end of season, but I'll go ahead and say yes.

1) Won the AFC North
2) Surpassed Vegas's predicted preseason win total (~10)
3) Fought through key injuries on both sides of the ball to produce a 10-game winning streak
4) Got justice for getting gipped out of the #2 seed by beating Buffalo on the road

One of the cooler things that I did not notice on Sunday was at the very end. I caught the last couple minutes on the NFL network replay. Burrow took the snap for the final kneel down, then handed the ball to the ref. The ref tried to hand the ball back to Joe, this is important don't you want this for your trophy case. Joe waved him off, like nah we've got bigger things in mind. Burrow is a phenomenal physical talent, but what sets him apart is that he ain't afraid to be the best. And, you can tell his team mates feed off of his confidence.....

One of the cooler things that I did not notice on Sunday was at the very end. I caught the last couple minutes on the NFL network replay. Burrow took the snap for the final kneel down, then handed the ball to the ref. The ref tried to hand the ball back to Joe, this is important don't you want this for your trophy case. Joe waved him off, like nah we've got bigger things in mind. Burrow is a phenomenal physical talent, but what sets him apart is that he ain't afraid to be the best. And, you can tell his team mates feed off of his confidence.....
I was surprised that the Bills didn't attack on the first kneel down. The Line of scrimmage was at the 1 foot line. Burrow had to go forward to kneel down.

If he takes a safety on the first snap the Bills get the ball back down 15. Down 2 scores, they would have been in the exact situation they were before the pick.

You typically can't answer that question until all the dust settles at the end of season, but I'll go ahead and say yes.

1) Won the AFC North
2) Surpassed Vegas's predicted preseason win total (~10)
3) Fought through key injuries on both sides of the ball to produce a 10-game winning streak
4) Got justice for getting gipped out of the #2 seed by beating Buffalo on the road
All good points.

But I think it is a disappointment if they lose now. Knowing they have had the Chiefs number I think a loss now is a disappointment. Then of course if they get back to the SuperBowl only to lose again would be a disappointment.

They have to win out now. Lol

All good points.

But I think it is a disappointment if they lose now. Knowing they have had the Chiefs number I think a loss now is a disappointment. Then of course if they get back to the SuperBowl only to lose again would be a disappointment.

They have already provided me with extreme enjoyment for the last two years. As long as I get to watch this core of players and coaches I don’t feel disappointed. If they lose it will be because someone beats them and I can certainly live with that. I just enjoy watching them so much I don’t want it to end 😂

All good points.

^ this

and if they play these last two games like they did during the Bills, NOBODY is going to beat them

The 3 teams left are all capable of beating the Bengals even if they play well.
If the Bengals play well, no they’re not. The Bengals have morphed into being that good and would have to make some mistakes to lose now. They’re better than the Chiefs, that’s why they’ve beaten them three straight. Brock Purdue? Please. The Eagles will be a war as they’re very balanced. Last Sunday proved to me that I’ll not pick against Joe and company again. So no, if the Bengals play well, they’re not going to lose

You do realize that outside of a couple plays on third down Flowers wasn’t the main cover man on Kelce, right?
Yes. Flowers was brought in to stop TE's like Kelce and frankly I have very little confidence in Dax Hill.

Football games can turn on a couple of plays each game.

Yes. Flowers was brought in to stop TE's like Kelce and frankly I have very little confidence in Dax Hill.

Football games can turn on a couple of plays each game.
Dax is much more athletic and will be fine. Kelce had 14 catches against Jax and they still didn’t win by much. Want to bet he won’t have 14 catches against the Bengals? Bengals 27-21