2022 Cincinnati Bengals

The NFL is such a brutal activity.....Instead of a 17 game season, you've essentially got 17 individual seasons. We as fans never know week to week whether the fellas feel like competing or are gonna' take this game off, and we'll get em' next week. On those days when the boys don't feel like competing, their ain't a hell of a lot the coach can do about it. If last year taught us anything, the only thing that matters is qualifying for the post season tournament.Beat Carolina to go to 5-4, go 5-3 in the second half ought to get em' a spot in the tournament. Then you takes your chances. It's a long arse season.
I agree with the general premise. The problem, though, is that by the time Chase and Reader get back to help this look like a competent outfit again, look at what’s on the schedule:

Games where the Bengals will be running Eli Apple and rookies out to the outside CB positions to play against Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson and Tom Brady.

Plus Carolina has shown signs of vigor since sacking Matt Rhule and benching Baker Mayfield, so this Sunday is no longer a gimme. Brian Burns and Co. might brutalize the Bengals’ windmill tackles.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

The Isaiah Thomas sack in the second quarter was one of the ugliest performances I have seen with Thomas merely running pas the tackle as he took a blocking stance. It was just brutal.

Never sign a RB to a second contract, never sign a WR to a third.
I’ll disagree with that in mixons case, he was 24 when he signed that second contract. He never took 💯 of the carrys in cinci. Plus they didn’t give him the kind of cash that Zeke or Henry got. It was seen as a low risk kinda move at the time. Sometimes these things happen.

Bengals made no trade deadline moves despite a glaring need for a corner or a depth receiver, among other things.

This season is history. It feels like I’m watching the 2022 White Sox all over again, just in a different sport.

Too bad the Bengals are not in the NFC South. Cappa and Collins appear to be dominating on the right side, but Panthers never showed up, which is ok.

Oh, I don't know he's undefeated against the Bengals as a starter.

He's beaten them like a dirty rug since he's been in the league.
Until today, Carolina had played a lot feistier with Rhule fired and Baker on the bench. Walker was absolutely pathetic today, though, so they’ll probably go back to Baker next week.

Seems that the folks on here calling for Mixon to be replaced might want to reconsider. I was at a family function yesterday, and I have him on my fantasy team. Thought the ESPN app was broken since it kept notifying me about the same thing over and over again "Joe Mixon scored a rushing touchdown".

Every time we start to write the bengals off for the season….a game like this happens.

rest up and get healthy for the bye week.
Browns do the same thing, a la last Monday. When some of the more invested fans are ready to give up on them, they win a game they shouldn't and suck those fans back in for another month of crappy play until they have to win another one to keep them on board.

Last edited: