2022 Cincinnati Bengals

If they can sign Collins, the Bengals did an excellent job of getting to the draft with no big holes to fill.
Even though RT is a need position, I would rather have Bengals sign Tretter an All Pro who rarely misses games and is a leader in the locker room. Collins does come with baggage failed drug test and has been injury prone. Be nice if they would sign both but that is highly doubtful.

The Bengals have room for both Tretter and Collins. Hopefully they grab both and make Carmen force his way into the starting line up (or sink from the occasion), but I’m not confident they’ll do that. But even if they only snag Collins, it will have been a successful offseason.

Bengals should take a look at Derrick Nnandi, a run stopping DT, a decent depth addition and should be cheap.

Wow! That’s one hot take ?
Just goes to show how important QB is esp. to a team like the Bengals. Browns and other teams were able to sign FA O lineman without a top QB the last few years, the Bengals no way. Burrow is everything for the Bengals that is why fixing the line was imperative and stupid they did not do it last year and should sign Tretter but doubtful that happens.

Last edited:
Stephon Gilmore linked to the Bengals. Could be a good signing if we get him at the right price. There’s risk involved, but the ceiling could still be high on the guy. Certainly the floor is also pretty high.

Would think the Collins signing takes them out of the Gilmore possibility. I don’t think they have the cap space outside some small signings.

Not sure if Bozeman fits the Bengals style of OL play but man I wish they jumped on that $2m he signed for. If nothing else, depth.

Have to be impressed with how the Bengals overhauled their OL this past week. I don't recognize the Bengals front office anymore.
This is Joe Burrows team, even Mike Brown is smart enough to realize that. Now the pressure is on Pollack to produce results with an upgrade in talent.

Would think the Collins signing takes them out of the Gilmore possibility. I don’t think they have the cap space outside some small signings.

Not sure if Bozeman fits the Bengals style of OL play but man I wish they jumped on that $2m he signed for. If nothing else, depth.
I believe I heard once they cut Waynes, they will have 25+ mil still in cap space, right now they have about 15 remaining.

I believe I heard once they cut Waynes, they will have 25+ mil still in cap space, right now they have about 15 remaining.
Correct but the Bengals never utilize the full cap plus some of that will go to the rookies. So say $8m on rookies, then they’ll self restrict probably $5m-$10m to rollover to next year (they do every year) and suddenly that $25m becomes $10m.

It’s exciting to see the Bengals commit to winning but man some of their organizational decisions like that and contract structures frustrate the hell out of me.

Correct but the Bengals never utilize the full cap plus some of that will go to the rookies. So say $8m on rookies, then they’ll self restrict probably $5m-$10m to rollover to next year (they do every year) and suddenly that $25m becomes $10m.

It’s exciting to see the Bengals commit to winning but man some of their organizational decisions like that and contract structures frustrate the hell out of me.
More like a wash with rookies, they don’t pick until 31 and the “vets” they lose to rookies drops their cap number.

That $15M will be needed for draft picks and carryover into the season for replacing injured guys.
As I said above, with the Bengals picking late in each round the cost for draft picks goes way down to nonexistent. The 31st pick is slotted at 2.7 million. The cap is adjusted to the top 51-53 players on each team. Perks of picking second to last

I think they have to figure in 8 million for draft picks, so if they keep a 5 million cushion, they still have 10 to spend. Another CB, OL, or Ogunjobi?