2022 CFP Projections

That stat was repeated on every single network today. ESPN/ABC, CBS and Fox. Now, they are using when the team was ranked, not where they are ranked now, but that is the stat out there.

CBS had the following:
TCU 5-1
Ohio State 2-1
Alabama 3-2
Then it’s a stupid stat 😂

Not true. Also since when do FCS wins not count? The SEC plays those regularly every November and aren't penalized.
SOS is most definitely used and yes teams that play FCS teams are downgraded by the committee. After all, using your logic why should teams who don’t play FCS teams get penalized for playing a good schedule? By the way, Toledo won the MAC today, what was TCU best non-conference win?

Last edited by a moderator:
SOS is most definitely used and yes teams that play FCS teams are downgraded by the committee. After all, using your logic why should teams who don’t play FCS teams get penalized for playing a good schedule? By the way, Toledo won the MAC today, what was TCU best non-conference win?
And TCU had the best SOS and SOR going into the weekend of the teams vying for bids in the Playoff.

To answer your question, their best non-conference win was against SMU from the American. They also beat Pac 12 bottom feeder Colorado and then their other was Tarleton. They were 10-1 against P5 teams, 1-0 against G5 and 1-0 against FCS. Compared to Ohio State who was 9-1 against P5 and 2-0 against G5.

Last edited:
Then they have to count Iowa and Wisconsin who were ranked earlier in the year, what a stupid system
Were they ranked when Ohio State played them? That's why they weren't counted. I agree, it should be based on CFP Rankings for Week 14/15.

TCU would be 2-1 - wins over Kansas State and Texas.
Ohio State would also be 2-1 - wins over Penn State and Notre Dame.
Alabama would be 1-2 - win over Mississippi St

And TCU had the best SOS and SOR going into the weekend of the teams vying for bids in the Playoff.

To answer your question, their best non-conference win was against SMU from the American. They also beat Pac 12 bottom feeder Colorado and then their other was Tarleton. They were 10-1 against P5 teams, 1-0 against G5 and 1-0 against FCS. Compared to Ohio State who was 9-1 against P5 and 2-0 against G5.
So OSU has the better top 20 wins, better out of conference wins, only loss to the #2 team, and the Big 10 is better then the crappy Big 12.

So OSU has the better top 20 wins, better out of conference wins, only loss to the #2 team, and the Big 10 is better then the crappy Big 12.
Not this year they aren't. The middle and bottom of the B1G is trash this year.

I'll repeat myself because you seem to have missed what I said, TCU was 10-1 against P5. Ohio State 9-1. They also had the best SOS and SOR going into the weekend. Advantage Frogs.

TCU's loss was by 3 in OT in the Conference Championship Game. Ohio State's loss was by 22 at home in the regular season finale. Both losses were to top 10 teams. TCU's loss wasn't nearly as ugly as Ohio State's. It's debatable who's loss is "better" since the margins were so different and the location of the games.

TCU's 2nd best win was against #20 Texas. Ohio State's 2nd best win was against #21 Notre Dame. Advantage Frogs.

TCU's best win was against Big 12 Champ, #10 ranked Kansas State. Does Kansas State move ahead of idle Penn State in tomorrow's rankings. We shall see if that best win holds up for the Buckeyes tomorrow.

I'll repeat myself because you seem to have missed what I said, TCU was 10-1 against P5. Ohio State 9-1. Advantage Frogs.

TCU's loss was by 3 in OT in the Conference Championship Game. Ohio State's loss was by 22 at home in the regular season finale. Both losses were to top 10 teams. TCU's loss wasn't nearly as ugly as Ohio State's. It's debatable who's loss is "better" since the margins were so different and the location of the games.

TCU's 2nd best win was against #20 Texas. Ohio State's 2nd best win was against #21 Notre Dame. Advantage Frogs.

TCU's best win was against Big 12 Champ, #10 ranked Kansas State. Does Kansas State move ahead of idle Penn State in tomorrow's rankings. We shall see if that best win holds up for the Buckeyes tomorrow.
You can use all those stats, but much like the committee sometimes does, my eyeballs tell me TCU isn’t better than UGA, UM, OSU, Bama, USC, Utah, Tenn or Clemson.

You can use all those stats, but much like the committee sometimes does, my eyeballs tell me TCU isn’t better than UGA, UM, OSU, Bama, USC, Utah, Tenn or Clemson.
But you can't ignore the stats and the resume. Can't just base it all on eye test. You're probably right that all those teams are better/would beat TCU, except Clemson and maybe Tennessee without Hooker, but that doesn't discount what TCU actually accomplished and the team's they beat on the field.

I'll repeat myself because you seem to have missed what I said, TCU was 10-1 against P5. Ohio State 9-1. They also had the best SOS and SOR going into the weekend. Advantage Frogs.

you’re going to be very disappointed

I still think 3 stay same and osu 4. I think they avoid rematch unless both win and force it, as was case with SEC before. Only fly is if they think this punishes their 1 seed by who outnof the 3 is toughest for them

I still dont see how TCU can be penalized for losing to a team that they beat previously. Its not like USC who lost to the same team twice. They beat every team that was on their schedule. Ohio State seems like the only choice to move into the CFP 4. Listened to Saban make his pitch for being in. Basically it was because Bryce Young wasnt 100%, the SEC is the toughest conference, and they won their last 3 games against Ole Miss, Austin Peay and Auburn...what a tough way to end your season! TCU should be in. You cannot justify Alabama being in the Top 4, with a "quality loss" to LSU after looking at what happened to them after they beat Alabama. TCU is the more deserving team.

As far as rankings are concerned, you have a case of apples to oranges. Georgia and Michigan are conference champs, and after watching UGA they are clearly #1, while Michigan is #2. You're #3 & #4 are going to be at-larges or conference champions. Conference Champions include Kansas State (10-3), Clemson (11-2) and Utah (10-3). Your At-Larges are going to be TCU (12-1), Ohio State (11-1), USC (11-2), and Alabama (10-2).

I think KSU & Utah have to be eliminated because they have 3 losses, despite being conference champions. USC is obviously out because they lost to the same team twice, and have no conference title. Clemson won their title, lost a close one to their rival and got beat up by Notre Dame. Those losses are enough to disqualify them from consideration I believe.

Now you are looking at putting in 2 At-Larges from TCU, Ohio State and Alabama. I do not see a quality win and a "quality loss" on Alabama's schedule. Ohio State has a quality win (Penn State), and if you really get picky, as OSU fans do, Toledo won the MAC for what its worth. OSU also has a "quality loss" with Michigan. TCU's quality win is also their "quality loss" because it comes against the same team.

To me its:
1-UGA
2-MICHIGAN
3-TCU
4-OSU

I have no dog in the fight, but honestly this one year that you can go back to the 2 team playoff. Georgia, and Michigan are the only teams that went undefeated, and won their conferences. Anybody else is not really deserving of making it. If TCU, and USC would have won their conference championships then maybe yes.Alabama should not be in with 2 losses, and Ohio St, does not deserve to be in losing by 23 points at home against Michigan

I have no dog in the fight, but honestly this one year that you can go back to the 2 team playoff. Georgia, and Michigan are the only teams that went undefeated, and won their conferences. Anybody else is not really deserving of making it. If TCU, and USC would have won their conference championships then maybe yes.Alabama should not be in with 2 losses, and Ohio St, does not deserve to be in losing by 23 points at home against Michigan
We know this is all a money dog and pony anyhow. We'll get a chance to see if it plays out as you say it should have been done.

Here are my final four:

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Utah
4. TCU

5. Alabama
6. Clemson
7. USC
8. Ohio State
9. Notre Dame
10. Kansas State

Georgia and Michigan are obvious. Utah is the champion of the second best conference in the country; beat USC twice including winning going away Friday night; destroyed Oregon State; and every loss was on the road against solid or good teams (Florida, UCLA, Oregon). TCU is 12-1 and shouldn’t be penalized for a close loss on a week when most teams weren’t good enough to even be playing.

I could go either way on Alabama or Clemson being #5. I think Bama is better, though, despite Clemson being a conference champion.

After them you start getting into the best of the remaining non-conference champions: USC, Ohio State and Notre Dame.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Here are my final four:

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Utah
4. TCU

5. Alabama
6. Clemson
7. USC
8. Ohio State
9. Notre Dame
10. Kansas State

Georgia and Michigan are obvious. Utah is the champion of the second best conference in the country; beat USC twice including winning going away Friday night; destroyed Oregon State; and every loss was on the road against solid or good teams (Florida, UCLA, Oregon). TCU is 12-1 and shouldn’t be penalized for a close loss on a week when most teams weren’t good enough to even be playing.

I could go either way on Alabama or Clemson being #5. I think Bama is better, though, despite Clemson being a conference champion.

After them you start getting into the best of the remaining non-conference champions: USC, Ohio State and Notre Dame.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
Surprised you ranked the Buckeyes at all 😂

Georgia
UM
TCU
Ohio State
It is very interesting to me if they put tOSU in third and TCU fourth. People seem to forget the Buckeyes we’re down one score with seven minutes left in the game and TCU was on the verge of losing bad to KState until the muffed punt. Your lineup is probably right tho

Lots of Buckeye hate on here! If they are as bad as everyone says it doesn’t matter.
I hate An Ohio State with the fire of a million suns ... but they are absolutely one of the best four teams in the country and they were even before that fraud lost to Utah for a second time.