2022 CFP Projections

Serious problems with the College Playoff System and the Stupid League championship games. Either make it league champions only or make the schools that are not playing in their league championship to play a game against the next contender in the ranking....

for example, this season OSU would of played Alabama.....

A team should never get an advantage by losing keeping them from making a league championships over teams who did what they needed to do to make the league title games.

Conf title games will likely be wholly different in 2024 when expansion as I suspect divisions will be gone in conferences and the top 2 in conference will play for seeding as usually both will be in CFP

Switch OSU w/ TCU.... TCU did not lose a game at home or in regulation time... OSU lost big at home. TCU better resume over OSU.
Valid argument. I personally don't like the potential for 2 conference teams playing for the Championship. Just personal preference.

OSU played a ridiculously easy Big10 schedule
Absolutely false, they played two highly ranked teams and they played three current CFP ranked teams and the two BIG teams they played are top ten in the current CFP. TCU played two ranked teams and one was 10th who they just lost to

Serious problems with the College Playoff System and the Stupid League championship games. Either make it league champions only or make the schools that are not playing in their league championship to play a game against the next contender in the ranking....

for example, this season OSU would of played Alabama.....

A team should never get an advantage by losing keeping them from making a league championships over teams who did what they needed to do to make the league title games.
733EA2C7-96E8-49C6-88A6-B187C8BE754F.jpeg

If you look at TCUs overall body of work they should drop to four. Their OOC games were Colorado, Tarleton St and SMU. In the league most of their games were nail biters. Does the committee want a rematch of the GAME? It was the most watched CFB game in 11 years. Don’t think Dawgs/tOSU and Xichigan/TCU would be as attractive
Sounds like Buckeye fans really want to avoid Georgia. TCU shouldn't fall from #3.
They won 12 games to Ohio State's 11.
They beat 5 ranked teams to Ohio State's 2.
Their conference, top to bottom was arguably better than the B1G.

The only thing they should be penalized for is their OC not winning the top assistant award, because he didn't put the ball in Duggan's hands down there on 3rd or 4th down. How you don't run him at least once is crazy after the 4th Qtr he had bringing the back. Qb Power, let Miller lead the way, he'll find a way in.

Valid argument. I personally don't like the potential for 2 conference teams playing for the Championship. Just personal preference.

Well, I don't really watch FBS that much anymore. I stick to FCS where that has a better chance of happening. The Big Sky and MVFC are loaded this season.

I dotn want to avoid GA, I hard-core want GA. We could have issues with their tight ends, but, they look vulnerable against the pass too

Sounds like Buckeye fans really want to avoid Georgia. TCU shouldn't fall from #3.

The only thing they should be penalized for is their OC not winning the top assistant award, because he didn't put the ball in Duggan's hands down there on 3rd or 4th down. How you don't run him at least once is crazy after the 4th Qtr he had bringing the back. Qb Power, let Miller lead the way, he'll find a way in.
They did not beat five ranked teams 😂

And you’re totally reading this wrong, as a Buckeye fan I want another shot at the dark side

I think going forward that Conferences are just going to eliminate championship games. There really is no benefit to them. UGA, Michigan, and TCU (already lost) can all lose their title games and no one's gonna question if they are a Top 4 team in the country.

An idle team in a conference should not have any benefit from not being good enough to play in their own conference title game. In a sense the committee could reseed the Top 4 as at-larges bids if all teams their Top 4 lost their conference title game.

There is zero benefit, other than it being the conference's idea of determining their champion. Just play a 13 game schedule, allowing for 2 games to be out of conference/rivalry games. A champion in a 16 team conference can be determined by an 11 game conference schedule without having a Purdue or K-State team jepordize your conference's representation in the Top 4.

If conference title games really meant anything then the Top 4 could potentially be LSU, Purdue, K-State and Utah, and we all know that these arent the best teams in the country.

Moving to a 12 team playoff wont solve these issues with conference title games. Right now, Clemson is getting a first round bye in a 12 team playoff because they are the fourth best conference leader based on their ranking.

I think TCU stays in because they beat everyone in their conference and lost in OT. I dont know how you can take them out of the #3 spot. USC was the only team on the bubble, and I dont think they should be penalized for the game the played today. The only thing this game should have determined is if they would move up any, not down.

My prediction, barring any Spoilermaker stuff:

1-UGA
2-MICHIGAN
3-TCU
4-OHIO STATE or stretch...CLEMSON

If Clemson wins they are a conference champion and I think that might be something for the commitee to take into consideration.

I think TCU stays in because they beat everyone in their conference and lost in OT. I dont know how you can take them out of the #3 spot. USC was the only team on the bubble, and I dont think they should be penalized for the game the played today. The only thing this game should have determined is if they would move up any, not down.

1-UGA
2-MICHIGAN
3-TCU

If Clemson wins they are a conference champion and I think that might be something for the commitee to take into consideration.
Get outa here with Clemson 😂

One of TCU wins will not count, football sub-division. So their resume is less than OSU

1-UGA
2-MICHIGAN
3-TCU

Clemson???

They did not beat five ranked teams 😂
That stat was repeated on every single network today. ESPN/ABC, CBS and Fox. Now, they are using when the team was ranked, not where they are ranked now, but that is the stat out there.

CBS had the following:
TCU 5-1
Ohio State 2-1
Alabama 3-2

1-UGA
2-MICHIGAN
3-TCU

Agree except Clemson. They've got no chance. Kansas State should have more of a look than Clemson.