2022 CFP Projections

With the new format, gone are the conference finals and it makes zero sense to keep OSU vs TTUN the last game. Hurts the Big 10 overall to keep the game the same.
Whoa, I hadn’t heard that conference title games are being removed. Where did you see that news? I had read a couple of articles about how the expanded playoff will work and neither one said anything about conference title games being removed.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

With the new format, gone are the conference finals and it makes zero sense to keep OSU vs TTUN the last game. Hurts the Big 10 overall to keep the game the same.
No reason to ditch many decades of tradition just to accommodate a format that might not last five years. And if OSU vs UM gets played back to back every once in awhile, just embrace it as a bonus.

Whoa, I hadn’t heard that conference title games are being removed. Where did you see that news? I had read a couple of articles about how the expanded playoff will work and neither one said anything about conference title games being removed.

I don’t believe they are. Just that some leagues are going to abandon divisions and have the top two teams face each other, like the Big 12 now.

Interested to hear more on this?
Not much more to hear. OSU vs UM has ended the regular season for close to a century now. No reason to change that just because the B1G is going back to no divisions…and that format may not last long. Or it may, but it’s no reason to play The Game earlier in the regular season, where it would be in some danger of eventually becoming just another game.

Interested to hear more on this?
With a possible 4 more games in the playoffs in an already 11 game season why would you want a conference championship? Go to one division like before to get as many teams into the tournament. Tradition? It was also tradition at one time the Game was not last, it was also tradition Mich was not even in the Big 10. Anyone thinks this is just temporary is nuts. TV money is driving this. More likely to add teams then ever go back.

Not much more to hear. OSU vs UM has ended the regular season for close to a century now. No reason to change that just because the B1G is going back to no divisions…and that format may not last long. Or it may, but it’s no reason to play The Game earlier in the regular season, where it would be in some danger of eventually becoming just another game.
Ah I thought you were saying the specific Playoff format won't last more than 5 years.

Then the committee would think you’re as stupid as we all do 😂
As entertaining as it will be to see Ohio State get bullied again by Michigan, Georgia or Alabama, I’d rather see a well-coached, tough-minded, physical team like Utah get the nod. Especially since the Big Ten Conference simply wasn’t good enough this year to merit sending two of its teams into the CFP Lion’s Den.

Then the committee would think you’re as stupid as we all do 😂
One thing he’s right about is it would be good to see a peaking team like Utah in the playoffs. That’s not possible now, but the 12 team format will allow some late bloomers a chance to win a championship instead of being dead in the water before October.

One thing he’s right about is it would be good to see a peaking team like Utah in the playoffs. That’s not possible now, but the 12 team format will allow some late bloomers a chance to win a championship instead of being dead in the water before October.
It'll be extremely interesting to see how the Committee - assuming they'll still be in place - chooses the at-large selections for the 12-team field. Does a team who lost their QB and faltered down the stretch like Tennessee, lost their spot to a team like Washington or Florida State?

Will also be interesting to see the bid thieves so to speak, as Utah would probably qualify this year, with USC getting an at-large spot.

It'll be extremely interesting to see how the Committee - assuming they'll still be in place - chooses the at-large selections for the 12-team field. Does a team who lost their QB and faltered down the stretch like Tennessee, lost their spot to a team like Washington or Florida State?

Will also be interesting to see the bid thieves so to speak, as Utah would probably qualify this year, with USC getting an at-large spot.
There will always be some controversy. Someone is always going to be the first team left out. Now it will be #13 instead of #5. Plus, you are going to see some left out Power 5 teams throw a fit anytime they get left out and a MAC, Sun Belt, CUSA, etc team slides into the 12.

Quite honestly, after watching that Utah team dismantle USC, I'm not sure they aren't the best team, right now, in the country. Sure they lost 3 games, but they are playing great right now. Expanded playoffs would get them in and they would be a tough out for anyone. Ohio State needs to start the coaching search now and look strongly at Whittingham and his dc to replace this current group.

Quite honestly, after watching that Utah team dismantle USC, I'm not sure they aren't the best team, right now, in the country. Sure they lost 3 games, but they are playing great right now. Expanded playoffs would get them in and they would be a tough out for anyone. Ohio State needs to start the coaching search now and look strongly at Whittingham and his dc to replace this current group.
Whittingham has been talking retirement and that’s the same DC of Utah that OSU torched in last year’s Rose Bowl. I really like Whittingham, though.

If Day bolted for an NFL job and I had to make a list it would include:

Chris Peterson
Mike Vrabel
Lincoln Riley
Dabo Swinney
Chris Kliemann
Luke Fickell
Bob Stoops
Jeff Brohm
PJ Fleck
Mark Stoops
Billy Napier
Kalen DeBoer
Jonathan Smith

Last edited:
As entertaining as it will be to see Ohio State get bullied again by Michigan, Georgia or Alabama, I’d rather see a well-coached, tough-minded, physical team like Utah get the nod. Especially since the Big Ten Conference simply wasn’t good enough this year to merit sending two of its teams into the CFP Lion’s Den.

You mean the same Utah team that tOSU beat last year? You’re just stupid

It seems you must not have watched the Ohio State Michigan game, as Ohio State was not bullied by UM. Quite the contrary actually. The whole "Ohio State is soft mantra" is just a lazy take, made by people who don't know what they are watching. Call a better offensive game, and call a better defensive game, and Ohio State wins that game easily.

It seems you must not have watched the Ohio State Michigan game, as Ohio State was not bullied by UM. Quite the contrary actually. The whole "Ohio State is soft mantra" is just a lazy take, made by people who don't know what they are watching. Call a better offensive game, and call a better defensive game, and Ohio State wins that game easily.
WTF are you talking about? Did you watch the game? Especially the second half?

That is a terrible take. You want to fire a coach who has made the playoff in 3 out of 4 years? Step back from the ledge and at least enjoy the rest of this season!
That's my take .. The program is soft and if he didn't have Urban's boys he would've lost three in a row.
You probably thought the same thing about Cooper. Smh.
Wait, your a Bungals fan, you're used to crappy coaching.

I was stone-cold sober and not willing to put up with the proletariat peanut gallery that habituates this forum.

That’s even more embarrassing, then. Should just tell people you were drunk with all that nonsense you posted.

That’s even more embarrassing, then. Should just tell people you were drunk with all that nonsense you posted.
I posted nothing but the truth. For Big Ten Ohio State to be considered #4 in the country with one good win on their resume (Notre Dame) and a big pile of nothing beyond that is an absolute sham.

I posted nothing but the truth. For Big Ten Ohio State to be considered #4 in the country with one good win on their resume (Notre Dame) and a big pile of nothing beyond that is an absolute sham.

Penn State is a better win then SC had or TCU