2022 Canton McKinley Football Season

I highly doubt Coffman would win the Federal League. Their other two games were a 14-7 win over 0-3 Toledo St. John, and a 48-14 loss to Centerville.

Drew Pasteur has them ranked below Lake and Perry, and only 15 spots ahead of Green and Jackson. The Shamrocks are in a tough conference, and still have to play 3-0 Jerome and Hillard Bradley, and an Upper Arlington team that made the D1 final 4 last year. Probably a 6-4 team at best.

Yes, Right now DC could beat anyone in Stark.
They wouldn't beat Massillon....no, never. But I do think Dublin Coffman would win the Federal League.

That said, since I joined Yappi, all I've heard is how McK needs to schedule better teams in order to get better. So their first 3 games, they get Mentor, a state power, Fitch, a really strong D2 team, and Dublin Coffman. They did the same last year, and saved the season by taking down Wayne. Being 0-3 is bad, but if the group think is that "to get better they have to play better teams," isn't this a possible outcome? You can't have it both way, friends. The fans have to hope that playing 3 good teams prepares them for the Federal League....hope for the best against the Tigers....then see how it plays out in the post-season. All is not lost.

If they lose next week, though, it could get bad.

Go Pups!

Last edited:
Out of curiosity what impact does them knelling during the anthem have on their on field performance? Absolutely no reason to drag politics in to this. They have their First amendment rights and can express them as they wish. You also have your right to disagree with their kneeling or other expression they may make and are also free to do it on here. However , I highly doubt there is any correlation to standing for the anthem and their ability to make defensive plays. I’m just asking you politely to please talk about high school football and not all this culture war stuff.
I learned long ago losers do loser things and this just shows how far McKinley has fallen. Nobody kneels anymore. Poor leadership from all the coaching staff and in the end I hope will cost them all their jobs. I just can't imagine the coaching staff or the Massillon fan base ever finding that acceptable from their team and I wonder from the players that didn't have the guts to stick around and transferred to other schools take a knee at their new school?

They wouldn't beat Massillon....no, never. But I do think Dublin Coffman would win the Federal League.

That said, since I joined Yappi, all I've heard is how McK needs to schedule better teams in order to get better. So their first 3 games, they get Mentor, a state power, Fitch, a really strong D2 team, and Dublin Coffman. They did the same last year, and saved the season by taking down Wayne. Being 0-3 is bad, but if the group think is that "to get better they have to play better teams," isn't this a possible outcome? You can't have it both way, friends. The fans have to hope that playing 3 good teams prepares them for the Federal League....hope for the best again the Tigers....then see how it plays out in the post-season. All is not lost.

If they lose next week, though, it could get bad.

Go Pups!
Edit....I meant to say Dublin Coffman COULD win the Federal League. Not WOULD. My bad.

I learned long ago losers do loser things and this just shows how far McKinley has fallen. Nobody kneels anymore. Poor leadership from all the coaching staff and in the end I hope will cost them all their jobs. I just can't imagine the coaching staff or the Massillon fan base ever finding that acceptable from their team and I wonder from the players that didn't have the guts to stick around and transferred to other schools take a knee at their new school?
I’d wager that more than a few Massillon fans would walk out of the stadium if they knelt for the anthem. As far as I remember even when the kneeling was a fad Massillon stuck to their tradition of lining up on the sideline facing the flag

I highly doubt Coffman would win the Federal League. Their other two games were a 14-7 win over 0-3 Toledo St. John, and a 48-14 loss to Centerville.

Drew Pasteur has them ranked below Lake and Perry, and only 15 spots ahead of Green and Jackson. The Shamrocks are in a tough conference, and still have to play 3-0 Jerome and Hillard Bradley, and an Upper Arlington team that made the D1 final 4 last year. Probably a 6-4 team at best.
I read some of Drew Pasteurs rankings and to be honest I thought they were WAY off. But, time will tell.

The Dublin Coffman head coach seems to be the real deal. Does more with less. Solid football IQ. DC played very aggressively (attack mode) and with consistent team disciple. Canton McKinley had superior talent, but was out-coached and out-schemed. Canton McKinley's football program would be upgraded significantly with him as the HC of the Bulldogs. He is probably never going to be approached by the CCS, but he is the type of head coach McKinley requires for a complete program turnaround.

The Dublin Coffman head coach seems to be the real deal. Does more with less. Solid football IQ. DC played very aggressively (attack mode) and with consistent team disciple. Canton McKinley had superior talent, but was out-coached and out-schemed. Canton McKinley's football program would be upgraded significantly with him as the HC of the Bulldogs. He is probably never going to be approached by the CCS, but he is the type of head coach McKinley requires for a complete program turnaround.
Why would the DC coach uproot from his 90-100,000 dollar a year job to come to the Mck mess?

No other HS teams are kneeling and it brings negative attention to a Football Program that has been in a freefall for years now. The coaching is questionable but McKinley hasn't had a good coach since Cross. At some point the players need to accept responsibility for the losses also. This program is in trouble and it is doubtful that it will be able to be relevant again. I hope I am wrong but it is very sad in my opinion.

Since new DC coach has been in Dublin they give up 34 points a game was 4-8 last year . Then previous 40 Games before he got there they gave up over 30 ONE time . He has less talent than his predecessor who had a really good 20 year run at Coffman . Gave up 48 last week . He’s a very good coach but at the D-1 level with Coffman he hasn’t proven to be the real anything . Talent is down significantly the last two years. He will do better when he gets better personnel .

there is no life in this team play like they want the game to be over so they can go hang out there is no fan support, I can see why
the kneeling has to stop, all the people around me have left I'm next one school an ya can't put butts in the seats very sad for a once proud program

how do they lose money? You needed to read the contract language that was provided in the canton rep oh so long ago.
The stadium still belongs to CCS and is being leased to HOF. Not sure who is allowing who - rather there is a scheduler that is in charge of scheduling the events there.
Wow did not know that BTW how much $$$ has CCS put up in the renovations of Benson and HOF village?

how do they lose money? You needed to read the contract language that was provided in the canton rep oh so long ago.
The stadium still belongs to CCS and is being leased to HOF. Not sure who is allowing who - rather there is a scheduler that is in charge of scheduling the events there.
According to the Stark County Auditor’s office, the owner of record of the stadium is the Stark County Port Authority.

CCS Doesn’t own Benson Stadium. They own the land it sits on. The Port Authority owns the stadium. McKinley rents it when they use it. But that money owed is washed because the HOF pays McKinley a lease payment for the land. Sort of the you owe us 100.00 dollars for using the stadium, well you owe us 100.00 dollars for the land so it evens out. Now the indoor is a different story if McKinley wants to use it they must rent it out.

JV and Frosh have played on one of the 6 turf fields so far this season.
If they play on Don Scott it would be the first football game on that grass this season.
It could be a matter of the fields were scheduled for use and this is just where it is.
Either way a game on a grass field for a jv game isn't the end of the world
Eventually Don Scott will be redone as well.
I hope you are right. The weather forecast for tomorrow is rain. Hopefully, they play on one of the turf fields. Do any of those fields have stands?

McKinley is going to be just fine. They are going through a rough time but all the elements are there for a return to glory. Though McKinley is my mortal enemy, I wish them success games 1 through 9.

Isn't Tom Benson being used for a Labor Day weekend event that was pre-scheduled?
A close friend of mine works for Canton City School and told me that the Hall of Fame has now taken over control and care of Don Scott Field.

I hope you are right. The weather forecast for tomorrow is rain. Hopefully, they play on one of the turf fields. Do any of those fields have stands?
There are a few aluminum bleacher stands on one side of each field; doesn't appear to be as many as Don Scott.

Last edited:
JV and Frosh have played on one of the 6 turf fields so far this season.
If they play on Don Scott it would be the first football game on that grass this season.
It could be a matter of the fields were scheduled for use and this is just where it is.
Either way a game on a grass field for a jv game isn't the end of the world
Eventually Don Scott will be redone as well.
Thank you for the response. I just wondered why it wouldn't be played in Benson. You have a nice facility like that, just figured you may as well use it as much as possible.