2022 Akron City Series

hubman

Will anybody challenge Buchtel and East for City supremacy?? Who are the studs to watch, any impact freshman coming?

Hopefully Akron North is at least somewhat competitive or will the district AD finally pull the plug on their football program.

IMG_20220425_134427037_HDR.jpg

Sorry my post seemed kind of cryptic earlier. I was trying to post and enjoy the moment, then my pictures file sizes were too large to share. Wow what an awesome day!! So thankful for all the folks that had a hand in getting this done!!

As I said when Ellet got their turf, I think the first call should be to whoever runs Akron Parent Pee Wee to get their playoffs and championships moved from Hoban to 1040!!

Last year's Standings:

East (5-0) (5-6)
K/G (3-2) (5-5)
Buchtel (3-2) (4-6)
Firestone (3-2) (4-7)
Ellet (1-4) (3-7)
North (0-5) (0-10)

East should win, but 2nd place and a spot in the playoffs is up for grabs.

Is the Akron City Series gonna do a championship game like they did in the past between the two teams that didn't make it to the playoffs? I know they were supposed to in 2018, but due to awful field conditions, the game was cancelled, and I don't think they've picked it up since.

Additionally, here are the City Series non-conference schedules:

Ellet

8/19 at Green
8/26 at Tallmadge
9/2 TBD

East

8/19 at Mass. Jackson
8/26 at Dover
9/2 at Uniontown Lake
9/9 at Brush
9/16 at North Royalton

Kenmore-Garfield

8/20 Akron Springfield
9/2 at N. Canton Hoover
9/9 at Mayfield
9/17 Carrollton

Firestone

8/19 at Kent Roosevelt
8/26 at Copley
9/2 at Norton
9/9 at Cleveland Heights

Buchtel

8/19 at N. Canton Hoover
8/26 at Warren Harding
9/3 at Lake Catholic
9/9 at SVSM
9/16 at St. Francis Desales

North

8/19 Collinwood
8/26 at Wickliffe
9/2 at Cuyahoga Falls
9/9 at Southeast
9/16 at Brush

I know the named the Stadium after Coach Flossie, the field after Coach Buck. Be nice to see their names on the turf.

Is the Akron City Series gonna do a championship game like they did in the past between the two teams that didn't make it to the playoffs? I know they were supposed to in 2018, but due to awful field conditions, the game was cancelled, and I don't think they've picked it up since.
No now that there is a 16 team playoff there is no purpose in a conference championship game. It will likely be 2nd or 3rd place type of game.

Additionally, here are the City Series non-conference schedules:

Ellet

8/19 at Green
8/26 at Tallmadge
9/2 TBD

East

8/19 at Mass. Jackson
8/26 at Dover
9/2 at Uniontown Lake
9/9 at Brush
9/16 at North Royalton

Kenmore-Garfield

8/20 Akron Springfield
9/2 at N. Canton Hoover
9/9 at Mayfield
9/17 Carrollton

Firestone

8/19 at Kent Roosevelt
8/26 at Copley
9/2 at Norton
9/9 at Cleveland Heights

Buchtel

8/19 at N. Canton Hoover
8/26 at Warren Harding
9/3 at Lake Catholic
9/9 at SVSM
9/16 at St. Francis Desales

North

8/19 Collinwood
8/26 at Wickliffe
9/2 at Cuyahoga Falls
9/9 at Southeast
9/16 at Brush
As usual the Griffs have a daunting dance card. East continues their matchups against Coach Powers but in a different setting. Honestly, I would love to see some of those Suburban League teams that dot the city series schedule to show up on Buchtel's at least once an eon.