2022-23 Three Rivers Athletic Conference....who wins the final title?

Who wins the 2022-23 TRAC title?

• Findlay

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Fremont Ross

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Lima Senior

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Oregon Clay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toledo Central Catholic

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Toledo St. Francis

• Toledo St. John's

• Toledo Whitmer

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters
I think at this point we can say Lima is not nearly as good as they were the past handful of seasons.
Young team this year, definitely will be a roller coaster ride this season as you see they beat #4 ranked OG Titan team the next night after looking like they were not interested against Findlay.

Findlay has overachieved so far this season. Regression was only a matter of when, not if.
Findlay winning league games should never be considered overachieving. It is, I'm just saying it shouldn't be. Shows how far the program continues to decline.

Findlay winning league games should never be considered overachieving. It is, I'm just saying it shouldn't be. Shows how far the program continues to decline.
Are you not a fan of Rucki or is there another reason for your observation?

Continues to decline?

18-6 last season.
17-4 with a TRAC title the year before.

You have every right to dislike the coach, but that is definitely not a decline.

Findlay lost yesterday because they couldn't shoot the ball at all, says something about team to have such an off night and still have chance to win game at end of game. Teams have those type of nights.

2-16 from 3
11-39 overall

Hill didn't play again. I haven't heard what type of injury he has or if it even due to injury but missing him is big as they have very little depth.

St. John's Jesuit 36
Findlay 31
both teams shot incredibly poor percentages. Defenses was the name of the game. Very few uncontested shots, even entering the ball was difficult. Certainly a game where you could have just paid one official instead of 3.

Findlay lost yesterday because they couldn't shoot the ball at all, says something about team to have such an off night and still have chance to win game at end of game. Teams have those type of nights.

2-16 from 3
11-39 overall

Hill didn't play again. I haven't heard what type of injury he has or if it even due to injury but missing him is big as they have very little depth.
Hill is no longer on team. Both teams played very hard last night. St John was 3-15 from 3 pt and Findlay 2-16. Definitely a defensive battle. Findlay missed 3-4 easy layups that was the difference. Can't fault either coaches or players for preparation or execution. Anyone that says otherwise wasn't at the game.

Hill is no longer on team. Both teams played very hard last night. St John was 3-15 from 3 pt and Findlay 2-16. Definitely a defensive battle. Findlay missed 3-4 easy layups that was the difference. Can't fault either coaches or players for preparation or execution. Anyone that says otherwise wasn't at the game.

Was there an earth quake? Large winds in the gym? :D If a team is going to improve, they have to find faults to work on. I'm not sure what you're meaning to say here? Challenged 3 points can cause low percent but then it's the job of the offense to get open looks. If they didn't, that's a fault. You say Findlay missed 3-4 easy lay-ups. That definitely sounds like a fault.

Did you come away with a couple ideas what those teams could work on to improve? No, I didnt see the game and haven't found any videos. I'm not challenging what you're saying, just trying to get a better perspective on the teams from your watch. TY.

Why is Fremont Ross so mediocre (at best) year in and year out in basketball? They have just as much talent in the city of Fremont as Sandusky does but it seems like they can't get the cream of the crop to play basketball. Just curious.

Why is Fremont Ross so mediocre (at best) year in and year out in basketball? They have just as much talent in the city of Fremont as Sandusky does but it seems like they can't get the cream of the crop to play basketball. Just curious.
With very few exceptions, Ross has never been a good boys basketball school. Coach Cahill is trying very hard to change that, but it's going to take a lot of time and energy.

With very few exceptions, Ross has never been a good boys basketball school. Coach Cahill is trying very hard to change that, but it's going to take a lot of time and energy.
Refresh my memory please. How was Ross when Bob Brudzinski played? If I recall he put up big numbers. I played against him in the Fremont Y summer league and he was a monster.

During the 70s, Ross went 57-139

Football was 71-23-6

My 1st year at Fremont City Schools as a 3rd grader, 1980-81, Ross went 9-1 and Champs of rugged Buckeye Conference

But Basketball? With some of great athletes from Football?

2-19 with wins by same 66-64 score over Toledo Woodward and Sandusky. BTW, Sandusky also went 2-19 with wins over Perkins and Ross

During the 70s, Ross went 57-139

Football was 71-23-6

My 1st year at Fremont City Schools as a 3rd grader, 1980-81, Ross went 9-1 and Champs of rugged Buckeye Conference

But Basketball? With some of great athletes from Football?

2-19 with wins by same 66-64 score over Toledo Woodward and Sandusky. BTW, Sandusky also went 2-19 with wins over Perkins and Ross
Dang, you're young!!

If you go back to the very early days, Ross actually made a couple of appearances in the state tournament in the 1920's. Other than that, the regional tournament appearance in the 90's under then head coach Mark Gedeon is the furtherest Ross has gotten.

If you go back to the very early days, Ross actually made a couple of appearances in the state tournament in the 1920's. Other than that, the regional tournament appearance in the 90's under then head coach Mark Gedeon is the furtherest Ross has gotten.
Yes, I believe 1928 and 1930

Regional under Gedeon was 1997. Ross lost in Regional Semi to eventual DI Champ, St. Ed

Thanks for the replies. I might be mistaken but I think Brudzinski averaged like 28 ppg so apparently there wasn't much of a supporting cast. When I was part of the recreational league at the Fremont Y our team was decent and at the half of one particular game I looked over toward a doorway and there stood Brudzinski. I didn't realize that it was him and asked the other guys who the Greek god was and one of them said "That's Bob Brudzinski." at which time I had a flashback to the days when we played at some of the various parks in Sandusky. It wasn't unheard of for Scott May to show up and when he said "we got next" I knew that, once again, I would have to guard Scott. He was usually merciful unto me until the time I got a piece of one of his jumpers. Although we never played the team that Brudzinski was on it occurred to me that Bob probably wouldn't have been as merciful on me as Scott.