2022-23 Three Rivers Athletic Conference....who wins the final title?

Who wins the 2022-23 TRAC title?

• Findlay

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Fremont Ross

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Lima Senior

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Oregon Clay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toledo Central Catholic

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Toledo St. Francis

• Toledo St. John's

• Toledo Whitmer

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters
Wednesday night final....
Fremont Ross 58
Greater Latrobe, PA 56
It's always good to get a win. Gr Latrobe is not a good team, but Fremont has learned to manage those types of games. I just wish they could get over the hump and be very competitive and win some of the games against the bigger schools.

Good slate of games this week.

Tuesday:
Whitmer at St. Francis
Findlay at Clay
Central Catholic at Fremont
St. John's at Lima Sr

Friday:
Lima Sr. at Central Catholic
St. Francis at Clay
Whitmer at St. John's
Fremont at Findlay

The league standings are a jumbled mess right now. Is St. Francis' hot start a fluke? Can Central stay unbeaten? Can Lima and Whitmer start separating themselves from the pack? Can Fremont pull off an upset? Can St. John's get back on track? After this week, these questions will be answered and the standings will start to take shape.

Good slate of games this week.

Tuesday:
Whitmer at St. Francis
Findlay at Clay
Central Catholic at Fremont
St. John's at Lima Sr

Friday:
Lima Sr. at Central Catholic
St. Francis at Clay
Whitmer at St. John's
Fremont at Findlay

The league standings are a jumbled mess right now. Is St. Francis' hot start a fluke? Can Central stay unbeaten? Can Lima and Whitmer start separating themselves from the pack? Can Fremont pull off an upset? Can St. John's get back on track? After this week, these questions will be answered and the standings will start to take shape.
If Lima can get a couple wins against SJJ and Central this week that would help their case. They did not look that impressive against Dunbar and St. Francis held them to their lowest offensive output so far this season. Not sure what that says about St. Francis.

Tuesday night scores....

Central Catholic 71 Fremont Ross 59
Findlay 52 Clay 35
St. John’s Jesuit 44 Lima Senior 32
Whitmer 62 St. Francis de Sales 45

OK Kreskin, who wins Whitmer - SJJ? That seems to me hardest to predict, so looking to the guy in the turbin.

1673111039446.png

The first round of conference games is almost finished.

Findlay at Lima
Clay at TCC
St. Francis vs St. John's (at UT)
Whitmer at Fremont

Although Findlay is in 1st place, I would still consider Lima the favorite for that game. TCC and Whitmer will take care of business to remain in 1st place (although Central has played one less game). St. John's should beat St. Francis. If the Trojans can knock off Lima, they would be the surprise of the first half of the season. They were picked 5th in the preseason poll.

Findlay at Lima
Clay at TCC
Whitmer at Fremont

Although Findlay is in 1st place, I would still consider Lima the favorite for that game. TCC and Whitmer will take care of business to remain in 1st place (although Central has played one less game). St. John's should beat St. Francis. If the Trojans can knock off Lima, they would be the surprise of the first half of the season. They were picked 5th in the preseason poll.
1st in TRAC, but 3rd at best in WBL.

Who is elite in the WBL besides OG?
This season Defiance has a 10-1 record and no losses in the league. They still have the bulk of their league games
remaining. O.G. is the class of the WBL so far this season. Looking at their schedule, I don't think Defiance will
likely lose another league game until they meet O.G.

JB

Last edited:
Defiance has already beaten 3 of the other top 4 WBL teams besides O-G. I'd like to think it has clinched no worse than a tie for 2nd place, but we will see. I don't see the Bulldogs winning at O-G. Defiance already beat St. Francis & Findlay in the TRAC and has Whitmer ahead. Defiance is currently #3 in the Martin RPI in D-II (one spot ahead of Central) and has some good wins, but I wouldn't see it getting through the TRAC without at least a couple losses. It's more of a haul than playing low-level WBL teams.

Defiance has already beaten 3 of the other top 4 WBL teams besides O-G. I'd like to think it has clinched no worse than a tie for 2nd place, but we will see. I don't see the Bulldogs winning at O-G. Defiance already beat St. Francis & Findlay in the TRAC and has Whitmer ahead. Defiance is currently #3 in the Martin RPI in D-II (one spot ahead of Central) and has some good wins, but I wouldn't see it getting through the TRAC without at least a couple losses. It's more of a haul than playing low-level WBL teams.
I agree with this, also the WBL only plays a single round robin because there are 10 teams, so just 9 league games while it’s a double round robin (14 games) in the TRAC, NLL or NBC. Speaking of which, what will the NLL schedule look like for basketball next year? I would think it should be a double round robin in divison and single out of division. 15 games for the 6 team division or 14 games for the 5 team one.

I agree with this, also the WBL only plays a single round robin because there are 10 teams, so just 9 league games while it’s a double round robin (14 games) in the TRAC, NLL or NBC. Speaking of which, what will the NLL schedule look like for basketball next year? I would think it should be a double round robin in divison and single out of division. 15 games for the 6 team division or 14 games for the 5 team one.
Looks like it will be that way. Decided to check out arbiter and see if anyone in the NLL had league basketball schedule uploaded for next season. Perrysburg has their league schedule in. Home and home with AW, Findlay, Whitmer, and Northview. Single game with the other six

Findlay at Lima
Clay at TCC
Whitmer at Fremont

Findlay 47 Lima 36

Standings through the first round (almost) of round robin:

Findlay 6-1
Whitmer 6-1
Central Catholic 5-1
St. John's 4-3
Lima 3-4
St. Francis 2-4
Fremont 1-6
Clay 0-7

Findlay remains the surprise of the season. Their next three games, however, are St. John's, Whitmer, and TCC so reality is coming their way. Props to them for the early success though. Whitmer and Central Catholic play each other the 2nd to last weekend of the season. I have a feeling that will be for the TRAC title. Watch for Lima and St. John's to play spoiler along the way.

I think at this point we can say Lima is not nearly as good as they were the past handful of seasons.
I can’t remember the last time Lima had four losses in conference play. They lost a ton of super talented guys to graduation (Moss, Luster, Miles, def forgetting a few). Not surprised they are in a bit of a valley, but maybe a little at how deep it has been so far.

I think at this point we can say Lima is not nearly as good as they were the past handful of seasons.
Young team this season. If they can win 10 or 11 this season I'd say this team did pretty well going forward into 23-24. I want to say that Mosley is the only starting senior.

I can’t remember the last time Lima had four losses in conference play. They lost a ton of super talented guys to graduation (Moss, Luster, Miles, def forgetting a few). Not surprised they are in a bit of a valley, but maybe a little at how deep it has been so far.
Senior high went 9-5 in 2016-17 and 6-8 in conference play in 2017-18. The next two years after that they went on a pretty good little run. So hopefully that similar scenario plays out.