2022-23 Three Rivers Athletic Conference, the final season. Who wins the title?

Who wins the 2022-23 TRAC title?

• Findlay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fremont Ross

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Lima Senior

• Oregon Clay

• Toledo Central Catholic

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Toledo Notre Dame

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Toledo St. Ursula

• Toledo Whitmer

• Total voters
Dames is back, but doesn’t look right yet. I’m thinking Ross gets over the hump and gets this one tonight. We will see.
At the very least, it's another person they can rotate in to give other players rest. Someone mentioned that she is able to play the entire season because of Exception 2 in transfer bylaws?

I like the color guy doing the Ross-TCC game tonight. I think I heard former coach? Seems like a knowledgable guy, which BCSN can always use more of.

What TCC lacked in size and strength, they made up for in shooting. They were getting bullied down in the post because Vaughn can only be one place at one time. Good on them for putting Farrugia in, they'll need her in situations where they have more than one "big," and she played fairly well off the bench.

Rematch in Purple Pit the Second should be good (I expect it to be packed). Won't be surprised if BCSN drops the ball on it though...

Findlay blew out Lima. Lima didn’t have half the athletes they had at the end of the year or on the summer circuit. Wonder if they lost kids to transfer or academics? It was not the same team I was excited to watch get better.

Central vs Ursula. I’d guess CC by 25
Fremont v Findlay. Pick Fremont by 20
Whitmer vs Clay. Pick Whitmer by 40
Notre Dame vs Lima. Pick Notre Dame by 45?

not seeing any close ones tonight.

we will see in a few hours

Central up by 14 at half wins by 6.
Whitmer was beating Clay 22-1 after 1, wins by 30
ND wins by 19
Fremont Ross by 12.
Ross/Findlay and Central/ Ursula a bit closer than I would have guessed. Did you go tonight CC?

Whitmer over ND by 10. I know names isn’t encouraged but my goodness for being a catholic school NDs star point guard punched and or elbowed so many kids tonight. Dirtiest player in the TRAC.

CC defeated a strong Springfield team 69-59.

Vaughn with 20, Clay with 16, and Ellis with 15. I will say as much as I have griped about the lack of substitution on the floor (Dames has done well off the bench), Haney has conditioned the Lady Irish well in order for them not to get gassed down the stretch.

I'm happy that their district will be played at AW so I don't have to haul out to Paulding like last year. However, with the exception of Napoleon (who themselves are having a down year), it looks to be CC's district to lose (besides Napoleon they are the only team with a winning record).

When it comes to D1, it will be very crowded at the top. Anthony Wayne, Fremont Ross, Start, Springfield will most likely be top 4. Any of those teams could beat each other, or lose to a NDA, Perrysburg or maybe even a Southview. It will be fun to see how that all plays out.

CC defeated a strong Springfield team 69-59.

Vaughn with 20, Clay with 16, and Ellis with 15. I will say as much as I have griped about the lack of substitution on the floor (Dames has done well off the bench), Haney has conditioned the Lady Irish well in order for them not to get gassed down the stretch.

I'm happy that their district will be played at AW so I don't have to haul out to Paulding like last year. However, with the exception of Napoleon (who themselves are having a down year), it looks to be CC's district to lose (besides Napoleon they are the only team with a winning record).

When it comes to D1, it will be very crowded at the top. Anthony Wayne, Fremont Ross, Start, Springfield will most likely be top 4. Any of those teams could beat each other, or lose to a NDA, Perrysburg or maybe even a Southview. It will be fun to see how that all plays out.
Start will win the Districts over AW. NDA is decent but not even close to what it was a few years back. Springfield and Fremont are good at probably #3 and #4.

1F1CF0D3-A723-49CC-9501-147048792D33.jpeg
F958D171-1690-4D05-8561-FD31A7A555DF.jpeg

For those who don’t follow MartinRPI on Twitter, here are the current standings for each district as of right now. I forgot that this years seeding will be determined by the RPI, but I think it’s a pretty cool idea (we already use Harbin’s for football, why not other sports etc. etc.).

If the season ended today 🤪
1 Fremont Vs 20 Waite
8 Findlay vs winner 11 SUA 14 Bowling Green

5 Perrysburg vs winner 10 Northview 15 Lima
4 Start vs 17 Wapakoneta

3 Springfield vs 18 Ashland
6 Southview vs winner 9 NDA 16 Sandusky

7 Whitmer vs winner 12 Tiffin Col. vs 13 Clay
2 Anthony Wayne vs Bowsher

d-2
1 Central vs 11 Woodward
4 Oak Harbor vs winner 6 Lake 7 Scott

3 Wauseon vs winner 5 Rogers 8 Maumee
2 Napoleon vs winner 9 Rossford 10 Otsego
(Normally the 4 seed would run down low from Central, but I’d assume they’d take a Sectional championship over another 47 point loss to Wauseon)

1 Fremont Vs 20 Waite

4 Start vs 17 Wapakoneta

d-2
1 Central vs 11 Woodward

(Normally the 4 seed would run down low from Central, but I’d assume they’d take a Sectional championship over another 47 point loss to Wauseon)
For the Martin RPI this is just for seeding purposes only it will not change the process of letting the coaches choose where and who they play.

1 Fremont Vs 20 Waite

4 Start vs 17 Wapakoneta

d-2
1 Central vs 11 Woodward

Incorrect. Coaches will still choose their seed line. MartinRPI is just being used to seed the rankings (for now...) instead of coaches voting.

Right… way to go. I said “ Oak Harbor would probably pick this spot”. As a coach I made my best educated guess where each team would go. IE - ND going after a weaker higher seeded Southview. Northview going after Perrysburg (higher seed) who they were close with instead of messing with Findlay or Whitmer (lower seed). I am fully aware how the Martin works, It is just a projection, for fun!