2022-2023 Three Rivers Conference thread

Taking a look at the out of conference games for the three expected top contenders this year, who has the toughest schedule?

Milton's OOC is not chopped liver, but I lean towards East or TC having the tougher OOC.

Late in the year I guess the Martin RPI will actually answer that question, correct?

Milton key OOC- Tri Village, Oakwood, Brookville, Valley View, Troy

Miami East key OOC- Anna, Versailles, Minster, Westerville North, Meadowdale

Troy Christian- Tri Village, Russia, Springfield Catholic, Cedarville, Bradford

Milton went to Fort Loramie Tuesday night. I heard the dogs won 2 and lost 2 against the Redskins. Both teams with quick turnarounds from football, but my buddy said FL absolutely took MU to the woodshed one quarter.

Milton went to Fort Loramie Tuesday night. I heard the dogs won 2 and lost 2 against the Redskins. Both teams with quick turnarounds from football, but my buddy said FL absolutely took MU to the woodshed one quarter.
Milton had only 1 to 2 starters the first 3/4 of the quarter. We had all JV in and they got spanked. Starters started out 11-0 against FL, they all looked rusty but MU would handle FL easily in the regular season.

Milton had only 1 to 2 starters the first 3/4 of the quarter. We had all JV in and they got spanked. Starters started out 11-0 against FL, they all looked rusty but MU would handle FL easily in the regular season.
Could be, hard to compare pre season to regular season for either team as often coaches are trying to find out what does and doesn't work more than win a quarter of scrimmage.

Versailles, Milton, Indian Lake, East, Preble, TV have to be the real contenders right? Three teams make it out to districts so they have a great chance. Typically the lower the division, the more injuries impact the outcome of the tournament. A couple of those teams are an injury from being eliminated from the competition. Hopefully everyone stays healthy!

I saw MU last night and they didn't look as good as I thought they would. I think TC whips them. Outside of brumbaugh they couldn't hit a shot. They seem pretty unorganized. Miami East should beat them with the one kid, Enis.

I saw MU last night and they didn't look as good as I thought they would. I think TC whips them. Outside of brumbaugh they couldn't hit a shot. They seem pretty unorganized. Miami East should beat them with the one kid, Enis.
Disagree. No one is wiping those MU kids. Do not underestimate the conversion from long pig to round pig. It will be a war. MU 45, TC 44 at the buzzer.

I think Lehman is just underrated, the big and wing are solid. Solid enough to give anyone in the trc problems.

maybe. milton has only had 5 practices

Non-football players weren't practicing until the football season ended?
considering 4/6 top guys (3/5) starters are football players. no, no they were not. and for the guys who had a little preseason, it’s a lot different shooting around vs practicing with your team, thanks for the concern though!

considering 4/6 top guys (3/5) starters are football players. no, no they were not. and for the guys who had a little preseason, it’s a lot different shooting around vs practicing with your team, thanks for the concern though!
I wasn't concerned. Schools I am familiar with still start basketball and the fall sport athletes join when they can when their season is complete. I didn't realize the rest of the players didn't do anything in the mean time.

I wasn't concerned. Schools I am familiar with still start basketball and the fall sport athletes join when they can when their season is complete. I didn't realize the rest of the players didn't do anything in the mean time.
when the best 3 guys on the team are football players it tends to make a difference.

What a jerk. That's not what he was posting, at least I didn't take it that way. 🤷.
Wasn't trying to be a jerk but he said the rest of the team wasn't practicing at all except to maybe practice shooting because their 3 best players were in football. I was curious as to what the coach will do if these kids get hurt or got hurt in football. I imagine he would have wished he had the rest of the team practicing so they were ready if/when needed.

Wasn't trying to be a jerk but he said the rest of the team wasn't practicing at all except to maybe practice shooting because their 3 best players were in football. I was curious as to what the coach will do if these kids get hurt or got hurt in football. I imagine he would have wished he had the rest of the team practicing so they were ready if/when needed.
stop being arrogant. when 3/4 of the team is out so you want the kids to play 2v2? get real. you understood what i was saying. don’t make a fool out of yourself

stop being arrogant. when 3/4 of the team is out so you want the kids to play 2v2? get real. you understood what i was saying. don’t make a fool out of yourself
Arrogant? How am I being arrogant? I am asking s legit question. You said they weren't practicing. Can't do some drills to at least get in shape? Practice with JV until football ends? As I said, other schools I am familiar with practice with what they have until players are available. I found your comments odd. No need to get all defensive about it.

That's why I asked about those players getting injured. I get they are important to the team but seems the coach might use the time without them to develop others in case he needs them if someone gets hurt. Wasn't one of those 3 hurt in the last game? Did he play in the first basketball game?