2022-2023 Three Rivers Conference thread

bethel is going to be tough, here’s my POTY candidates pre season
Cooper Brown, Wes Enis, Parker Penrod, and Blake Brumbaugh. I think all around Coop is the best in the league, best scorer is enis imo
The Halleg kid from Bethel is going to be real nice, maybe not with those guys this year but he will be in the conversation next year.

bethel is going to be tough, here’s my POTY candidates pre season
Cooper Brown, Wes Enis, Parker Penrod, and Blake Brumbaugh. I think all around Coop is the best in the league, best scorer is enis imo
I like how you added Brown here. He compliments Brum so well. Similar to ME with their two.

Ok that is a but much. Needs to shoot better than 15% from 3 and 60% from foul line. One of the top players sure, the best is just gibberish.
yep agreed. that is not foolish at all? who is better as an all around player?

Him and Enis numbers are about identical. Better than Penrods. Also Baron White at Northridge is going to be tough this year.
I would like to be serious for a moment.............

Ok, now that the moment has passed , Penrod plays a very different role for TC than any of these other players do for their teams. Each of the players mentioned have very unique skill sets and are very good players.

If I list the categories as ,most athletic, highest basketball IQ, best shooter, best at creating off the dribble, best set shooter, best zone defender, best man on man defender etc. . We would likely have any of the five or six players mentioned at the top of one of those categories. Some of it is personal preference from the observer. I like team oriented players while other people are enamored by kids who can go one on one, create off the dribble and dominate the game. I like kids who take what the defense gives them, uses passing and teammates to create space from the defender, and demonstrates they see what the opponet is trying to accomplish defensively.

So just using Miami East as the example, Enis would be one type of player and Roeth the other extreme. Together , they are difficult to corral. My preference as a fan is Roeth, but if we were needing two points at the end of a game and contact not being called was a concern, Enis is who I would look to for best chance to deliver.

I would like to be serious for a moment.............

Ok, now that the moment has passed , Penrod plays a very different role for TC than any of these other players do for their teams. Each of the players mentioned have very unique skill sets and are very good players.

If I list the categories as ,most athletic, highest basketball IQ, best shooter, best at creating off the dribble, best set shooter, best zone defender, best man on man defender etc. . We would likely have any of the five or six players mentioned at the top of one of those categories. Some of it is personal preference from the observer. I like team oriented players while other people are enamored by kids who can go one on one, create off the dribble and dominate the game. I like kids who take what the defense gives them, uses passing and teammates to create space from the defender, and demonstrates they see what the opponet is trying to accomplish defensively.

So just using Miami East as the example, Enis would be one type of player and Roeth the other extreme. Together , they are difficult to corral. My preference as a fan is Roeth, but if we were needing two points at the end of a game and contact not being called was a concern, Enis is who I would look to for best chance to deliver.
i see what you’re saying. and ik i keep talking about brown, defending my case here bear with me, he is a very very team oriented player. and you’re right there things that don’t go in the stat book, for browns biggest thing is moral, deflected passes, pass to assist, tipp balls on rebounds, clutch gene and other stuff like that. Last shot comes down to it for clutch and the physically demanding player i’m taking enis/brown

i see what you’re saying. and ik i keep talking about brown, defending my case here bear with me, he is a very very team oriented player. and you’re right there things that don’t go in the stat book, for browns biggest thing is moral, deflected passes, pass to assist, tipp balls on rebounds, clutch gene and other stuff like that. Last shot comes down to it for clutch and the physically demanding player i’m taking enis/brown
You definitely have peeked my interest in watching Brown more carefully this year, your right though, the best players do multitudes of things that positively impact their team but are not categories in the score book.

You definitely have peeked my interest in watching Brown more carefully this year, your right though, the best players do multitudes of things that positively impact their team but are not categories in the score book.
I think the TRC has a overall better player depth team by team. The WOAC is just top heavy.

good i’m glad! i hope you do watch him with an open mind, not a kid on that team hustles more than him

420FCF7A-B117-4FB6-80BC-98823F77BF3A.jpeg