2022-2023 Three Rivers Conference thread

rocco

as football is winding down this will be the basketball forum.
I’m excited to see how this league plays out. here’s my way too early rankings
1.) Milton Union
2.) Miami East
3.) Troy Christian
4.) Bethel
5.) Lehman
6.) Northridge
7.) Riverside
8.) Covington

1.) Milton Union
2.) Miami East
3.) Troy Christian
4.) Bethel
5.) Lehman
6.) Northridge
7.) Riverside
8.) Covington
Heard a couple key players for TC are not playing this year

1.) Milton Union
2.) Miami East
3.) Troy Christian
4.) Bethel
5.) Lehman
6.) Northridge
7.) Riverside
8.) Covington
Will Northridge really be that low? I have them at 4 or 5.

Had not heard about the TC kids not playing, how "key" are we talking? Last years starters or role players?

Will Northridge really be that low? I have them at 4 or 5.

Had not heard about the TC kids not playing, how "key" are we talking? Last years starters or role players?
very key. starter or starters from my source . i don’t think ridge beats bethel and i don’t see them beating lehman either. lehman before bethel. bethel is going to be good

very key. starter or starters from my source . i don’t think ridge beats bethel and i don’t see them beating lehman either. lehman before bethel. bethel is going to be good
Well, they only had three returning starters, one is a senior, two juniors. Sometimes starters may begin to hear footsteps, that JV team was pretty good last year and was loaded with Freshmen. Don't know that is the case but either way, short of their point guard not coming out, they will take third IMO. probably will be a big gap between Milton, East and the rest.

TC will be better than last year, and it won't be close. No clue what the record will be, but the top 7 kids in the program will.final.get the majority of the minutes.

Well, they only had three returning starters, one is a senior, two juniors. Sometimes starters may begin to hear footsteps, that JV team was pretty good last year and was loaded with Freshmen. Don't know that is the case but either way, short of their point guard not coming out, they will take third IMO. probably will be a big gap between Milton, East and the rest.
There is no gap between TC and MU and ME? They are all equal and you saw last year what wild games happened. I think who ever gets hot in January ( ME last year) will take it.

This is a basketball conference and will be a great year

There is no gap between TC and MU and ME? They are all equal and you saw last year what wild games happened. I think who ever gets hot in January ( ME last year) will take it.

This is a basketball conference and will be a great year
i believe there is a gap. from what i’ve heard a player or two may not play. in that case i rank tc at 3

Don't sleep on TC but the road to a top 3 finish much more difficult without Major
At the age of high school kids, talent changes rapidly, TC had some very good big guys in the pipeline last year. There was one kid in particular who played (Frank ?) very well late in the season, and a other one or two who looked to be developing with promise.

I had them at third, and still have them at third.

At the age of high school kids, talent changes rapidly, TC had some very good big guys in the pipeline last year. There was one kid in particular who played (Frank ?) very well late in the season, and a other one or two who looked to be developing with promise.

I had them at third, and still have them at third.
If I am MU I don't like that MU game vs. TC early in the year. Prob coming off a deep playoff run they would have to be underdogs if that is true.

If everyone is healthy, TC is easily better than last year's team. Seems like a big IF at this point.

If I am MU I don't like that MU game vs. TC early in the year. Prob coming off a deep playoff run they would have to be underdogs if that is true.

If everyone is healthy, TC is easily better than last year's team. Seems like a big IF at this point.
I thought TC got out of the gates extremely well last year. They did not look the same the second half of the year without the transfer from Miami East on the floor.

Just a suspicion, but I felt the big JV player who got called up late in the year played with a little more passion than a more gifted player or two on the team did. And when your 6'6" post can step out and hit the three the lane is typically a bit more open.

I could definitely believe they could ascend to the top of the league. However, Miami East and their sophomore laiden team worked TC over pretty hard the second time they played and Milton was close but as well as TC played they could not score enough. Milton had everything Clicking offensively that second time. Those games are my primary reason for placing TC in the three spot.

I thought TC got out of the gates extremely well last year. They did not look the same the second half of the year without the transfer from Miami East on the floor.

Just a suspicion, but I felt the big JV player who got called up late in the year played with a little more passion than a more gifted player or two on the team did. And when your 6'6" post can step out and hit the three the lane is typically a bit more open.

I could definitely believe they could ascend to the top of the league. However, Miami East and their sophomore laiden team worked TC over pretty hard the second time they played and Milton was close but as well as TC played they could not score enough. Milton had everything Clicking offensively that second time. Those games are my primary reason for placing TC in the three spot.
It's going to be a great conference season. Even outside of those three, Lehman has two solid players, talent at Bethel, Northridge brings in a great younger class. Should be exciting.

Northridge and Bethel should win this league year in and year out compared to any other school in the league. D2 schools playing D3 and even D4 teams. For this year Miami East and Milton do bring almost everyone back.

May be tougher this year with the soccer team making a run. Looking at the TRC website Miami East is the favorite on Wed, but if TC wins and plays into next weekend some really important parts for TC are two weeks behind. Of course MU football is in the same boat. Not sure if any important role players for ME play soccer.

Northridge and Bethel should win this league year in and year out compared to any other school in the league. D2 schools playing D3 and even D4 teams. For this year Miami East and Milton do bring almost everyone back.
East will have the same team this year and next. Going to be tough both years.