2021 UWW Senior World Championship Schedule

Gray and JB tie Smith for the most US golds. Gray (a silver and 2 bronzes and JB (3 bronzes) each have 9 total Olympic/World titles behind only (I think) Baumgartner w/ 13 total Olympic/World titles. Bruce had 5 gold (2 Olympic), 4 silver (1 Olympic) and 4 bronzes (1 Olympic) over 14 years.

Last edited:
No doubt...Nobody in '84 was beating the Schultz boys. Lewis has said he was better in '80 and '88 (when he lost the trials to John Smith), however. This team vs the current team would be a heckava matchup. Would love to see the Schultz's vs Dake and Taylor...Wow!
Dave is my wrestling hero.

Greco

Jesse Porter loses. Eliminated
Pat Smith loses. Eliminated.
Max Nowry wins.
Provisor wins.

Nowry loses TF.
Provisor loses TF.

Last edited:
Helen Maroulis pin in the finals for the World championship! Her third world title to go along with the Olympic gold, plus the Olympic bronze and two more world medals. Just a great tourney from Helen, perhaps past her peak but like Burroughs able to compete with anybody in her weight on any given day.

So Japan brought their 2nd team and still obliterated the US and the field in the women’s team race.

Just insane how good they are at WFS.

Final tally on the WFS

JPN 196
USA 147
Mongolia 78

7 medals - 2 gold, 2 silver and 3 bronze
A strong performance by the US women but we're not ready for JPN yet. W/ 4 OLY champs and 2 OLY 5ths sitting home, JPN still crushed the field.

So Japan brought their 2nd team and still obliterated the US and the field in the women’s team race.

Just insane how good they are at WFS.
Final tally on the WFS

JPN 196
USA 147
Mongolia 78

7 medals - 2 gold, 2 silver and 3 bronze
A strong performance by the US women but we're not ready for JPN yet. W/ 4 OLY champs and 2 OLY 5ths sitting home, JPN still crushed the field.
My guess is that their 4 non-OLY weight ladies were A Team.

Hancock into the Semi. 6-0 win.
I believe Vera and Schultz still have a chance to medal.
Three medals in Greco would be outrageous. ??
Hancock lost a tight one in the semis. Was actually up 4-1, but a passivity and a turn with 45 seconds left made it 4-4 against the American. He'll wrestle for bronze tomorrow against either Ukraine or Germany. Everyone else was eliminated, last four wrestlers competing tomorrow

Damn! I really thought Schultz had a chance. He wrestled well in the loss earlier.
Thanks for the update Yank.

Damn! I really thought Schultz had a chance. He wrestled well in the loss earlier.
Thanks for the update Yank.
I love your optimism, but our 2nd best guy at a weight, where we couldn’t even qualify it for the Olympics never had much of a shot at medaling IMO. Schultz is decent, but Coon takes the spot if he wasn’t off trying to make the NFL.

I love your optimism, but our 2nd best guy at a weight, where we couldn’t even qualify it for the Olympics never had much of a shot at medaling IMO. Schultz is decent, but Coon takes the spot if he wasn’t off trying to make the NFL.
I hear ya. But I can't root for Coon if he's not there. USA! ??