2021 Steubenville Big Red

Win Total?

• Total voters
I haven't read the thread so if this has already been discussed then I apologize. 9 home games is ridiculous.
Most games are return games from 2019/2020 since they had 5 away last year and wheeling park was also supposed to be away last year but cancelled due to covid, Linsly chooses to play at Bi Red, and Liberty I’m pretty sure will be away in 2021

And just when I thought me and you would never agree on anything!!
When one is intelligent, handsome, and charming like myself, it's not difficult to agree with me. I'm here to make Yappi great again.

Two things I've been consistent; Massillon has ZERO Titles, for anything, in Postseason Format, and Reno likes to feed Manowar, ? cans. Manowar requires all the energy he can muster to breathe ? out of his backside.

Last edited:
There is literally no reason we shouldn’t play every year.
Yes there IS a reason....ask Reno. He quit the series because Massillon was dominating at the lower levels and Ole Reno knew what the future held....he can't erase the record vs Massillon like he erased what was on the players phones years ago.

Yes there IS a reason....ask Reno. He quit the series because Massillon was dominating at the lower levels and Ole Reno knew what the future held....he can't erase the record vs Massillon like he erased what was on the players phones years ago.
1. The class that won state in 2017 had to face Danny Clark so it was just a huge mismatch
2. Why is it always brought back up for no reason

1. The class that won state in 2017 had to face Danny Clark so it was just a huge mismatch
2. Why is it always brought back up for no reason

A 4-6 Massillon team! Why haven’t the two teams played since then??

Here’s my thing with scheduling for the future... bc of harbins you can’t always schedule certain games because of points needed to make the playoffs. With expanded playoffs I can see some teams schedule games they used to and not worry about seeding. This season for Big Red is a step towards that by scheduling Olentangy Liberty and De Sales. Park only plays when they have good teams. NP and Dover have developed into great rivalry series. Linsly gives you a competitive team that never quits. Mooney has history and reputation to live off of. You need the two gimme games with the Pittsburgh City teams in every schedule. I can see Massillon and Big Red being opening week games in the future once the Liberty contract is up. Can everyone understand/agree with the thought process?

Here’s my thing with scheduling for the future... bc of harbins you can’t always schedule certain games because of points needed to make the playoffs. With expanded playoffs I can see some teams schedule games they used to and not worry about seeding. This season for Big Red is a step towards that by scheduling Olentangy Liberty and De Sales. Park only plays when they have good teams. NP and Dover have developed into great rivalry series. Linsly gives you a competitive team that never quits. Mooney has history and reputation to live off of. You need the two gimme games with the Pittsburgh City teams in every schedule. I can see Massillon and Big Red being opening week games in the future once the Liberty contract is up. Can everyone understand/agree with the thought process?

I hope I am wrong, but the Tigers and Big Red are not playing in the near future.

Some regular season wins mean more than playoff wins. Not playing this game is simply a disservice to the players, fans and communities. It’s a big game. Maybe neither team wins state or a regional title that year but one got to beat the other.

I’d much rather beat Steubenville or you guys beat Massillon that beat up on some suburban Columbus scrub team.

Some regular season wins mean more than playoff wins. Not playing this game is simply a disservice to the players, fans and communities. It’s a big game. Maybe neither team wins state or a regional title that year but one got to beat the other.

I’d much rather beat Steubenville or you guys beat Massillon that beat up on some suburban Columbus scrub team.
I can agree with that it’ll probably the biggest game in the state if they play in the next 2-3 years with the classes Big Red has coming up

I can agree with that it’ll probably the biggest game in the state if they play in the next 2-3 years with the classes Big Red has coming up
I agree but I don’t care about what classes you guys have coming up or what classes we have coming up. Every season this game isn’t played a senior classes is getting robbed of an amazing experience.

I agree but I don’t care about what classes you guys have coming up or what classes we have coming up. Every season this game isn’t played a senior classes is getting robbed of an amazing experience.
When I played I wanted to beat Massillon and Mooney and was only able to beat one of them

I attended my 1st Big Red-Mass. game at Harding in 1957. Whether the game was at Harding or Massillon, for this fan, no other game matched the energy and intensity of that series. Even when it was a given that Big Red was about to take a thumping. Just a fun atmosphere. Massillon fans probably have similar atmospheres against other teams, also. Hope they can get it together again.

With Massillon matching up with Pick Central and St. Ed. It would be no better than the 4th biggest game on Massillon's schedule let alone the state.

I attended my 1st Big Red-Mass. game at Harding in 1957. Whether the game was at Harding or Massillon, for this fan, no other game matched the energy and intensity of that series. Even when it was a given that Big Red was about to take a thumping. Just a fun atmosphere. Massillon fans probably have similar atmospheres against other teams, also. Hope they can get it together again.
Honestly I thought that way about all the old All American Conference games back in the 60's, and 70's. Those games with all them teams was brutal back then. Packed stadiums for just about all of them too. Great atmosphere on Friday nights

I for one believe Big Red/Massillon should play every year. It’s an amazing atmosphere regardless of how good or how bad either team is.

In a game like that anything can happen. We are Big Red and they are Massillon, so anything happens in those games.

The communities have words about one another, but from what I can see we respect one another. In recent history, Big Red had their way with the Tigers in a couple game and Massillon had their way with Big Red a couple games. I love traveling to Paul Brown stadium for a BR/Mass matchup. Nothing like it. And there’s Massillon fans that love coming here for a game.

Hope it renews in the future