2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a tough way for the Golden Eagles to end their season. So many what if’s. The call was questionable. Ive seen that amount contact called and not called. I know depending on who your for will determine how you see it. The fact is, you can’t put the officials in a position to make that call. This Senior Class will go down as one of the all time greats in school and SWBL history. They finish with a career record of 37-7 (27-3 SWBL) (5-3 playoff) and 3 league championships. It’s going to take some time to get over the last one but so much to be proud of. GO EAGLES!!!

Such a tough way for the Golden Eagles to end their season. So many what if’s. The call was questionable. Ive seen that amount contact called and not called. I know depending on who your for will determine how you see it. The fact is, you can’t put the officials in a position to make that call. This Senior Class will go down as one of the all time greats in school and SWBL history. They finish with a career record of 37-7 (27-3 SWBL) (5-3 playoff) and 3 league championships. It’s going to take some time to get over the last one but so much to be proud of. GO EAGLES!!!
Anyone who watches that kick and DOESN'T THINK THAT IS A PENALTY is a true homer. Bellbrook has a heck of a team and outplayed Badin for 38 minutes... but you got to finish.

i saw Waynesville decided to bring back the Clinton Massie rivalry for next season? week 1, per arbiter
I remember when Waynesville beat Massie in 2011 17-2 that was the last win over Massie. Massie is 10-2 all time over Waynesville. Waynesville schedule holds them back, playing D 5 schools in OCC.

I remember when Waynesville beat Massie in 2011 17-2 that was the last win over Massie. Massie is 10-2 all time over Waynesville. Waynesville schedule holds them back, playing D 5 schools in OCC.
looks like Waynesville now has Massie, Blanchester, and Greeneview on the slate. really good OOC schedule. all similar size and usually all very competitive. 3 physical teams that like to run the ball, this will prepare them

Waynesville is more of a soccer school now, I know Massie fans wanted to play them, the 2 schools are next to each other and both have families in both districts and or went to the other school ( Rivalry game).

Waynesville schedule holds them back, playing D 5 schools in OCC.
looks like Waynesville now has Massie, Blanchester, and Greeneview on the slate. really good OOC schedule. all similar size and usually all very competitive. 3 physical teams that like to run the ball, this will prepare them
I disagree with this sentiment. I realize it is a popular one. "Iron sharpens iron". "Just look at the MAC!"
I don't necessarily buy into you have to schedule up to be good.

Look at Preble this year. Dropped the SWBL for the WOAC. Went 10-0 for the first time in school history. won 2 playoff games and had a respectable showing against Versailles. If they had scheduled tougher, would they have done better? Are they still playing if they played Milton-Union in week 1 instead of Miami East?

Milton left the SWBL for the TRC. The TRC was down this year. Milton vs Eaton was a great game in week 12. I don't think who Milton played in weeks 1-3 had much of an effect on that week 12 game.

Now, If you are a state caliber team, I can see this. Clinton-Massie schedules tough and it helps them. But if you are a program trying to build or achieve consistency, I don't think it really helps. I don't consider Waynesville to be that kind of program that is on the cusp of a State title and just needs some good, tough experience. If they don't get it from Bellbrook, Franklin, Eaton, and Monroe, then I don't think the difference is that they scheduled Greeneview in week 2.

I also think if you schedule too hard it can have an effect. If you get too ambitious, and start poorly, now you have a group of teenage boys with no confidence and little hope.

My perfect 3-game OOC schedule would be:
an easyish week 1 to work out kinks but still get a win and Harbin points.
a very tough week 2 to see where you stack up and get that experience
a week 3 opponent that is close to your level. You need to work to win, but you don't get physically beat up right before you start your league schedule.

I disagree with this sentiment. I realize it is a popular one. "Iron sharpens iron". "Just look at the MAC!"

Look at Preble this year. Dropped the SWBL for the WOAC. Went 10-0 for the first time in school history. won 2 playoff games and had a respectable showing against Versailles. If they had scheduled tougher, would they have done better? Are they still playing if they played Milton-Union in week 1 instead of Miami East?

Milton left the SWBL for the TRC. The TRC was down this year. Milton vs Eaton was a great game in week 12. I don't think who Milton played in weeks 1-3 had much of an effect on that week 12 game.

Now, If you are a state caliber team, I can see this. Clinton-Massie schedules tough and it helps them. But if you are a program trying to build or achieve consistency, I don't think it really helps. I don't consider Waynesville to be that kind of program that is on the cusp of a State title and just needs some good, tough experience. If they don't get it from Bellbrook, Franklin, Eaton, and Monroe, then I don't think the difference is that they scheduled Greeneview in week 2.

I also think if you schedule too hard it can have an effect. If you get too ambitious, and start poorly, now you have a group of teenage boys with no confidence and little hope.

a week 3 opponent that is close to your level. You need to work to win, but you don't get physically beat up right before you start your league schedule.
I think you're missing the rivalry aspect of this as well. Waynesville is now playing 3 of its 5 biggest "natural rivals" in OOC play. all 3 are very solid programs but 2 of those games are very winnable year in and year out. Waynesville scheduling Massie will be a measuring stick early in the year, and when you're playing a rival, the kids always seem to play just a little bit harder

I think you're missing the rivalry aspect of this as well. Waynesville is now playing 3 of its 5 biggest "natural rivals" in OOC play. all 3 are very solid programs but 2 of those games are very winnable year in and year out. Waynesville scheduling Massie will be a measuring stick early in the year, and when you're playing a rival, the kids always seem to play just a little bit harder
I have no problem with Waynesville playing Massie, or with them playing a rival.

I just disagree with statements like "... schedule holds them back playing d5 schools..." and "this will prepare them".

I think you can be prepared and be a good team without scheduling all the toughest teams around you.

Anyone who watches that kick and DOESN'T THINK THAT IS A PENALTY is a true homer. Bellbrook has a heck of a team and outplayed Badin for 38 minutes... but you got to finish.
You know I am not a homer, didnt see it live, but from watching the twitter replays I was EXTREMELY surprised it was called. I would agree that any time a kicker is touched it is a penalty but it has rarely been called on a bump. Again I did not see it live, have no dog in the fight, but IMO it should not have been called. Either way you still have to play until the clock expires.

Just had to nitpick Shawnee beat 3 teams in the playoffs but overall I agree with you.

I have no problem with Waynesville playing Massie, or with them playing a rival.

I just disagree with statements like "... schedule holds them back playing d5 schools..." and "this will prepare them".

I think you can be prepared and be a good team without scheduling all the toughest teams around you.
No disrespect for D5 schools, Huge fan of small school football. maybe a bad choice of words The quality of some of schools Waynesville have played below them, aren't always the best completion for them. I believe you never know how good you are, until you play someone equal or better than you.

You know I am not a homer, didnt see it live, but from watching the twitter replays I was EXTREMELY surprised it was called. I would agree that any time a kicker is touched it is a penalty but it has rarely been called on a bump. Again I did not see it live, have no dog in the fight, but IMO it should not have been called. Either way you still have to play until the clock expires.
Absolutely no one on earth is surprised by this ?

Last edited:
Good season to Bellbrook

sad to see it end the way it did
You outplayed the number 1 team in the region for 40-42 min was up 9 with 4:30 to go

few mistakes later snd your season is done
The Margin of error at that level is so thin
The towns proud of you guys
Next year we will make another run

winning breeds winning snd that’s all Jenkins has done since taking over 5 years ago .

Does that 10-2 all-time record include when Waynesville and Massie were both in the same KTC league? It seems those teams have squared-off many more times that just 12...

Does that 10-2 all-time record include when Waynesville and Massie were both in the same KTC league? It seems those teams have squared-off many more times that just 12...
It does not. Max prep only go back to 2004, Your talking back in the Kenton Trace league. have to do some research on that one. thinking 70"s - SBCL

Chad Murphy, a Franklin guy, applied for the Franklin job wins a state title with Winton Woods. Now I know the athletes are probably on two different spectrums. But obviously the guy knows what he is doing. Why didn’t Franklin hire him? Looks as if Franklin got a pie in the face on this one.

Chad Murphy, a Franklin guy, applied for the Franklin job wins a state title with Winton Woods. Now I know the athletes are probably on two different spectrums. But obviously the guy knows what he is doing. Why didn’t Franklin hire him? Looks as if Franklin got a pie in the face on this one.
Oh man lol I don’t think you want to start this debacle again. There several “reason” why. Besides the people in the interview at that time. No one else knows. I know every Franklin football fan was a winton woods fan last night. Big congrats to coach Murphy, his staff and the players

Seen Larry Cox facebook page says Fairborn High School employee. Looks like he did not last long in Franklin. Time to start the coaching search all over again

Larry Cox out in Franklin. The juniors next year will be on their 3rd head coach. Hopefully Franklin can get someone that is a solid fit for the kids. Fairborn has had one winning season in the last 4. I watched Franklin play a couple times last year and don’t see Fairborn being a world beater with Cox at the helm. The rumor on the street is the Franklin faithful want Childers back. I’ve heard through the grapevine that he may do so.

Heard its Killentime in Franklin.. Scott Killen
I believe Murphy, killen when he was the dc for massie, the oc for Massie also tried get the head coach job for Franklin in 2014 also. If it is killen or anyone else. I hope they take their time with this decision. I also heard Childers is one of the candidates again

Status
Not open for further replies.