2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Monroe came in with what I call the "balloon-head syndrome". These are teenagers and they tend to underestimate what they think is a weaker opponent. I like Milton's coaches approach... You get off the bus down 7-0. Now, get to work" . Pearce has had much success with that. I'm sure other coaches use that, but sometimes it doesn't get the kids motivated. Maybe Monroe needs to settle down and look at each team like they are undefeated instead of a D5 with some losses. I'm sure Monroe will be fine, every team has those down games. For Milton it was Oakwood...?

Does anyone know what happened to the Franklin quarterback. With the back up in, they were an entirely different team. The offense was unstoppable which I never imagined I’d say this year. Hope the best for the injured young man, but this other QB has to remain the guy imo.
The back up was the starter last year. New staff wanted to use him on defense and he currently leads the swbl in interceptions. Next week at Monroe could be a classic with long time rivals.

I just can’t figure what happened with Brookville and Monroe, I know everyone has off games but that score doesn’t reflect these two teams.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what happened to the Franklin quarterback. With the back up in, they were an entirely different team. The offense was unstoppable which I never imagined I’d say this year. Hope the best for the injured young man, but this other QB has to remain the guy imo.
The quarterback isn't the difference quarterbacks got 1 Td and 6 interceptions in his career he threw for 47 yards last night, The difference is they got a running game on track and the monk kid ran for 140+ yards and three touchdowns. They’ve been trying to run that other kid that’s just a big linebacker and he runs into somebody’s face for 2 yards of pop. But this quarterback is more athletic and runs better however any thing is a plus from what they had that was horrific.

I’m not to sure how I feel about the logo head.im sure there plenty of people that do like it. I’m just glad they are going back to the red and black. I always liked these two logos. There couple other ones like the 50 yard line one before they change it.
View attachment 21637View attachment 21639
That bottom one is what we used when I was in school. I do like how they made the cat symbolic to Franklin but I would like to see the script “cats” logo go back to being in use with the rebrand. That is our best look I’ve always believed. Was slightly bummed to see the paw print back, although I know some really like it

The quarterback isn't the difference quarterbacks got 1 Td and 6 interceptions in his career he threw for 47 yards last night, The difference is they got a running game on track and the monk kid ran for 140+ yards and three touchdowns. They’ve been trying to run that other kid that’s just a big linebacker and he runs into somebody’s face for 2 yards of pop. But this quarterback is more athletic and runs better however any thing is a plus from what they had that was horrific.
Wow I had no clue that was last years QB. With not being able to attend games last year it was hard to develop a connection to any of the players. I remember last year the offense was bad but not THIS bad. It would be nice to see an okay offense go with this defense and see what happens like last night

That bottom one is what we used when I was in school. I do like how they made the cat symbolic to Franklin but I would like to see the script “cats” logo go back to being in use with the rebrand. That is our best look I’ve always believed. Was slightly bummed to see the paw print back, although I know some really like it
I remember mr. smith always drawing it or coloring the head in school haha. I do like it being symbolic to Franklin also but it just looks to generic and kind of soft, idk about anyone else but you can say this for a lot of towns but Franklin ain’t some soft rich town. We are rough blue collar town and a lot of us grew up in Hollywood or pennyroyal or around those areas. Anyway I say bring back either white or red facemask and o like the red paw print not the black. I think one of the years I was in school was last year we had the script cats but I have to look back on it

Indians played a solid game. Secondary tackling is pretty bad, but not as bad as their play calling. Figured they would lay down after last week, but played with a lot of heart tonight.
What is your complaint on play calling? Iook at the stats they ran 65 plays to Monroes 35. Scored 21 against a far superior team and if they refs did not miss the clip on the long run to win the win game they would have won. For Carlisle to hang with that is a tribute to both coaches and players doing a good job. Wake up. Think reality. They dont belong in that league considering the size of the school. If they were smart like Prebble Shawnee they would be in that league and be champions every year. Now they will sruggle for ever with that schedule.

It was definitely trapped ball, I was on sidelines and saw it first hand. The Indians have a lot of talent unfortunately they got out coached again.the defense has been above par all year but the offense is so easy to defend they struggle.
Do they more talent than Monroe and Brookville?

What is your complaint on play calling? Iook at the stats they ran 65 plays to Monroes 35. Scored 21 against a far superior team and if they refs did not miss the clip on the long run to win the win game they would have won. For Carlisle to hang with that is a tribute to both coaches and players doing a good job. Wake up. Think reality. They dont belong in that league considering the size of the school. If they were smart like Prebble Shawnee they would be in that league and be champions every year. Now they will sruggle for ever with that schedul
Carlisle should never leave the SWBL it’s been a member like VV, Brookville the schools that left aside from MU (which distance was the key factor) have always been bottom teams. Carlisle just don’t have the talent in the classes here lately they’ve had in the past. The conference preble, dixie and north jumped to is some of the worst in Ohio you would just produce inferior football players and still get broke down in playoffs. Franklin coming to the league a few years ago was for the same reason to beat smaller schools then be unprepared for playoffs they should leave if anyone.There is no reason except excuses for carlisle to not complete in their division Eaton has been a 3-4 win team for 10 years talent cycles they will have great seasons to come but running from competition is cowardly. All programs cycle coaching stability is huge and sometimes you’ve got to adjust offense based on players not force them into something because you’re comfortable and familiar with.

Carlisle should never leave the SWBL it’s been a member like VV, Brookville the schools that left aside from MU (which distance was the key factor) have always been bottom teams. Carlisle just don’t have the talent in the classes here lately they’ve had in the past. The conference preble, dixie and north jumped to is some of the worst in Ohio you would just produce inferior football players and still get broke down in playoffs. Franklin coming to the league a few years ago was for the same reason to beat smaller schools then be unprepared for playoffs they should leave if anyone.There is no reason except excuses for carlisle to not complete in their division Eaton has been a 3-4 win team for 10 years talent cycles they will have great seasons to come but running from competition is cowardly. All programs cycle coaching stability is huge and sometimes you’ve got to adjust offense based on players not force them into something because you’re comfortable and familiar with.
Franklin left the mml because they disbanded. Springboro, lebanon, miamisburg, Edgewood, Fairborn was either or becoming d1-d2 Franklin was d3 in 2007 when they join this league. Also I believe swbl was only league to invite Franklin in. Besides Monroe Franklin was the next smallest school and the swbl fit at the time due to location and competition because if you remember Franklin wasn’t know for a power house in football in the 2000’s until 2011. I do believe they need be in a league with d-2 and d-3 schools and not a league with teams in d-4/d-5 who does that really help in the long run?

So what is everyone's vision of what the SWBL should look like?
I don't have all the answers but it seems to me the teams benefitting the most from the current format are your good DIV/V schools (VV, Eaton, Brookville). Madison and Carlisle are going to struggle in everything. I'm not sure this current format is doing Franklin, Monroe and Bellbrook any favors as far as getting ready for the playoffs but I'm not sure where else they would fit.

Franklin, BB and Monroe are starting to get too big for where the league wants to be imo. It’s good to have a league that covers 2 divisions but when you start having D3 play D5 then those type of games aren’t really benefiting the D3 teams unless the D5 you’re playing is Ironton or West Jefferson.. and no offense to the D5 teams in the SWBL but the talent level is a tad different. For example when Franklin plays Carlisle imo it’s a lose lose for the Wildcats. You’re expected to win and if you don’t or you struggle in the process? You’re going to have a tough time in the postseason if you make it.

If the SWBL wants to be a beacon conference in the Miami Valley and surround area.. go all in on a specific division and don’t stretch yourself short through 3 divisions. Personally I would let Franklin, BB and Monroe move on if they choose and go out to get Massie, combine the two divisions to make one big conference

Valley View
Oakwood
Clinton Massie
Eaton
Waynesville
Brookville
Carlisle
Madison

play everyone 1 time with 3 OOC games. I’m sure Eaton wouldn’t like having to travel to Massie and vise versa but with the way Eaton has been building that program back, I’m sure both schools would really like that game to help with the postseason. But just looking at that projected league you have two “blue bloods” in VV and CM.. Brookville, Carlisle, Madison would be battle tested more than 90% of division 5 … Waynesville, Eaton, and Oakwood would appreciate the grind during the regular season, especially with expanded playoffs. For example if Oakwood sneaks in at 6-4 and have played VV, CM, Eaton and Waynesville tough? That’s one battle tested team who wouldn’t be afraid of anyone in region 16. Feel free to poke holes in my idea I’m just going off personal preference

If the SWBL wants to be a beacon conference in the Miami Valley and surround area.. go all in on a specific division and don’t stretch yourself short through 3 divisions. Personally I would let Franklin, BB and Monroe move on if they choose and go out to get Massie, combine the two divisions to make one big conference

Valley View
Oakwood
Clinton Massie
Eaton
Waynesville
Brookville
Carlisle
Madison

play everyone 1 time with 3 OOC games. I’m sure Eaton wouldn’t like having to travel to Massie and vise versa but with the way Eaton has been building that program back, I’m sure both schools would really like that game to help with the postseason. But just looking at that projected league you have two “blue bloods” in VV and CM.. Brookville, Carlisle, Madison would be battle tested more than 90% of division 5 … Waynesville, Eaton, and Oakwood would appreciate the grind during the regular season, especially with expanded playoffs. For example if Oakwood sneaks in at 6-4 and have played VV, CM, Eaton and Waynesville tough? That’s one battle tested team who wouldn’t be afraid of anyone in region 16. Feel free to poke holes in my idea I’m just going off personal preference
This makes a lot of sense! It allows you to schedule how you want for the 3 OOC games. Massie and VV can schedule "up" to get themselves post season ready.

Valley View
Oakwood
Clinton Massie
Eaton
Waynesville
Brookville
Carlisle
Madison

I like it. It’s much better than the suggestion that the smaller schools leave who are traditional SWBL and where would that stop when the league oldest members are gone and it’s made up of D2 and D3.

Looks fine for football, but I'm not sure it would be very good for most other sports. I think that is what will determine if anything would change in the league, how it would impact all the sports, not just football.

Valley View
Oakwood
Clinton Massie
Eaton
Waynesville
Brookville
Carlisle
Madison

I like this,

I also think if this happened 2 years ago, MU might've stayed. I think travel was one reason MU left, but uncertainty over the league without Preble and Dixie was another. (MU did not want to end up like Waynesville right now, on a side of the league with BB, Franklin, and Monroe)

The big question isn't what this league should look like, it's where would those 3 big schools go?

It would be nice to see Franklin go to a conference with teams like bellbrook, Monroe, tipp, fenwick, west Carrollton, Edgewood, and either stebbins/xenia or vv. I think vv could be competitive with the bigger schools also if they do only have a 4-5 game winning season they still make playoffs due to points and playing up in division every year. Franklin and bellbrook could go to mvl, Franklin could also go to the swoc but that leaves bellbrook no where to go, and Monroe might not have a place to go if either teams leaves and Franklin and Monroe been playing all the way back since the 50’s/60’s

Waynesville
Wilmington
Clinton Massie
Bellbrook
Monroe
Franklin
Valley View
Eaton

the SWBL as it is will risk losing Monroe to the SWOC, Bellbrook to the MVL, and Franklin to either of the two. adding Massie/Wilmington and keeping it a league if D3/4 teams will entice everyone to make it work. Waynesville i’m sure would be happy getting in a league with Wilmington/Massie/Bellbrook- their 3 closest geographical rivals

only bad trip is Eaton to Clinton county and that only has to happen once a season at the most

I like this,

I also think if this happened 2 years ago, MU might've stayed. I think travel was one reason MU left, but uncertainty over the league without Preble and Dixie was another. (MU did not want to end up like Waynesville right now, on a side of the league with BB, Franklin, and Monroe)

The big question isn't what this league should look like, it's where would those 3 big schools go?
I don’t see who this isn’t working out for now only one who could say that is Waynesville. SWBL could’ve made that decision last year and kept the four teams that left and booted the big 3. This is the exactly what Shawnee was saying 2 years ago and was blown off by the league.

Waynesville
Wilmington
Clinton Massie
Bellbrook
Monroe
Franklin
Valley View
Eaton

the SWBL as it is will risk losing Monroe to the SWOC, Bellbrook to the MVL, and Franklin to either of the two. adding Massie/Wilmington and keeping it a league if D3/4 teams will entice everyone to make it work. Waynesville i’m sure would be happy getting in a league with Wilmington/Massie/Bellbrook- their 3 closest geographical rivals

only bad trip is Eaton to Clinton county and that only has to happen once a season at the most
No VV, Carlisle, madison, brookville, Wayne’s, Eaton, maybe MU and Prebble comes back add CM and possibly wilmington D4 D5 most these school are on the border of both divisions.

I don’t see who this isn’t working out for now only one who could say that is Waynesville. SWBL could’ve made that decision last year and kept the four teams that left and booted the big 3. This is the exactly what Shawnee was saying 2 years ago and was blown off by the league.
I agree that if the SWBL would've listened to Preble and Dixie a few years ago, the exodus could've been avoided.

I disagree with you. Carlisle should for sure get out of that league. Who cares that they have been in the league forever. The kids suffer when they win in NOTHING, ever. That is not good for school morale in general. How about this. Find a Pebble Shawnee person who is unhappy they are currently undefeated in their new situation. Its all about winning. That's all that matters. The general fan does not care if you beat Bradford or Centerville as long as you win. Carlisle completely dominated Monroe last week and that probably will never happen again for 20 years and they still lost. Their margin for error is zero where Monroe can play a bad game and still beat them. Then the genesis get on here and blame the coaches. The coaches were the reason they were close. I wonder if Northridge is sad they are in a new league now? They will end up 7-3 with a loss to Carlisle. Does Carlisle want to be the new Dixie, Northridge, and Prebble? That's stupid. Wake up.

No VV, Carlisle, madison, brookville, Wayne’s, Eaton, maybe MU and Prebble comes back add CM and possibly wilmington D4 D5 most these school are on the border of both divisions.
Shawnee would’ve been a ? of making that league two years ago I wish the other schools would’ve listened.

Status
Not open for further replies.