2021 Roger Bacon Football

Roger Bacon would be a good fit in the Cincinnati Hills league, although those schools would never want a private school in the league

His playcalling was still predictable however, he had a Dawg playing against Non-Dawgs. Roger Bacon will remain slightly above 500 hundred since they are in the MVC Most Valuable Conference, where kids play football because the soccer teams filled up fast and they need gym credit.

You are GREAT!

Last edited:
Roger Bacon would be a good fit in the Cincinnati Hills league, although those schools would never want a private school in the league

Putting on my high boots, because the s**ts getting deep! IH and Wyoming would beat on them! I'm telling you, they had one kid that took them above .500 they go right back to where they came from.

Last edited:
Putting on my high boots, because the s**ts getting deep! IH and Wyoming would beat on them! I'm telling you, they had one kid that took them above .500 they go right back to where they came from.

You don't make it to any state final with just one player. OH HS FB is too good across any level and anyone who knows football knows that. It's exactly why RB lost to Valley View in 2019. VV was the better team. RB loses a lot though so it remains to be seen if they can replace some of the talent.

You don't make it to any state final with just one player. OH HS FB is too good across any level and anyone who knows football knows that. It's exactly why RB lost to Valley View in 2019. VV was the better team. RB loses a lot though so it remains to be seen if they can replace some of the talent.

ok

the GCL was no longer a fit for Bacon. traveling to Dayton to play larger schools is not convenient. now, their longest bus ride is like what, 20 minutes?

if they were THAT scared of the competition, they wouldn’t have scheduled Badin, McNick, and Taft next season.

i think Bacon loses to Badin, McNicholas, and Taft. Summit, Purcell, and Aiken are toss ups. i think they win at least 2 or 3 of those games. 6-4/7-3 with maybe a 10 seed sounds about right for Bacon next year.
McNick and Badin should be in the top 3 of the GCL Coed along with Alter. They both have some talent returning from good seasons in 2020.

If they stop the"transfers" to Catholic and Christian schools then you might see a Roger Bacon move to a CHL.
It's sad that these kids are used as pawns in high school. It's first about education and then about athletics.

Roger Bacon fits culturally and competitively but i don’t think the CHL schools want to play a school that pulls from there own schools.

Roger Bacon fits culturally and competitively but i don’t think the CHL schools want to play a school that pulls from there own schools.
Why not it’s a blast. My local high school was located at the top of the hill from where I grew up. Big, mega school probably 2500-3000 students. Most of the guys I went to Catholic grade school and played football together went there. I went to the closet Catholic school @12 miles each way. Mostly because my older siblings went there and my brother was an asst. Coach @ 900 kids co-Ed. Junior and Senior seasons we played the big Public last game of the year. Lots of back and forth with my old grade schools buddies and no one cared that one of ”their own” was playing for the Catholic school. People make their own choices about where they go to school as it should be.

Update: Roger Bacon had its Week 1 Matchup versus Taft moved to Thursday. It should be one of, if not the first game in the State. Should be a good matchup!

Who does Roger Bacon have as notable returners?
QB: Logan Huber - Very underrated since Kiner was the bulk of the offense last year. When it was his turn to play he made some outstanding throws with touch and strength.

RB: Jamal Hutsell - similar to Huber situation but is the most explosive kid on the team and I’d bet one of most in the city too. Went to state in the 100 Meter Dash and the 400 M relay

OL: No idea. Last year they were small collectively so I’m hoping to see an upgrade there

WR: Kyle Guyer and Jake Tshida - Both dynamic fast athletes who can take the ball the distance as well.

Defense lost all of their Linebackers and Linemen. Mooney was D5 District Player of the Year and Hallau was all state too.

DBs: Timone Andrew and Chastan Walker - two lock up corners that started as sophomores.

Biggest questions for me are can the defense and offense find a way to produce with their top talent graduating, and how many guys will go both ways.

This has not been the year I was expecting from the Spartans. The record is still solid but I have my doubts about this team going into the playoffs. They are playing beneath their talent level and its obvious.

Being at Taft, Aiken, Badin, and CHCA revealed glaring issues. There is a considerable drop off in offensive production without Kiner. The defense is very good but they were on the field a ton most of those games, especially vs Badin. Held them in check but wore down towards by the end. Special Teams (!) also shows how much talent there is that doesn’t get utilized right on O. They have 4-5 guys who can take it the distance at anytime in my opinion!!! Kyle Guyer has 3 Returns for TD on the season! Beamer Walker is dynamic too. Add Jamal Hutsell and there is no reason why the Spartans shouldn’t be producing more on O!! CHCA was an inferior team in every aspect and like every other game I was at they couldn’t sustain drives. It’s big play or bust which is our talent taking over.

The drop off was expected but the Spartans still have a boatload of talent that does not get used in the right way. If they figure it out they can still take R20. I’ll be at the Purcell Marian game this week since that will be the last good test before the playoffs start.

Spartans 21
Cavs 10

Last edited: