2021 Roger Bacon Football

You must be a Purcell alum. I’m sorry you got hurt by my comment. The guy projected Purcell to beat RB when they hadn’t done that in forever. Sorry I provided facts as to why that was not a strong possibility.

I agree with you on that. Not sure how PM use to beat or even hang with them in the past. But you never know what the future brings. PM might have a Staubach in the pipeline.

• Week 1 – 8/20 @ Taft W
  • Week 2 – 8/27 vs Aiken L - More talent than RB
  • Week 3 – 9/3 @ Newport Central Catholic W
  • Week 4 – 9/10 @ Badin (Fairfield HS) L - great program & haven’t beaten them in years
  • Week 5 – 9/17 @ McNicholas L - Toss up

• Week 6 – 9/24 vs Norwood (Homecoming) W
  • Week 7 – 10/1 @ CHCA L - Toss up could go either way

• Week 8 – 10/8 vs Purcell Marian W
  • Week 9 – 10/15 vs Summit Country Day W
  • Week 10 – 10/22 vs North College Hill (Senior Night) W

Why so confident in a Taft W, but an Aiken L? Taft beats up on Aiken.

I agree with you on that. Not sure how PM use to beat or even hang with them in the past. But you never know what the future brings. PM might have a Staubach in the pipeline.

Purcell coaching was better those years I think. Purcell was (and still is) getting talent for a while back when RB was bleeding it out to other schools too. A lot of good players have been lost from RB over the years. Example: I found out recently that Amir Riep was at RB before transferring to Colerain.

Why so confident in a Taft W, but an Aiken L? Taft beats up on Aiken.

Taft was the team to beat in Cincinnati Public. With Cargile out, it will take them some time to get back to good in my opinion. Those are not easy jobs. Aiken has always had some good talent but I don’t know much About them outside of that. You?

Taft was the team to beat in Cincinnati Public. With Cargile out, it will take them some time to get back to good in my opinion. Those are not easy jobs. Aiken has always had some good talent but I don’t know much About them outside of that. You?
Aiken is not good, should be W.

Doubt Bacon takes him with his criminal history. Too much baggage for a Catholic School like Roger Bacon.

I’m thinking it would be hard for anyone to get a job at any school district after they were fired by CPS. Anyone with a criminal history really shouldn’t be the leader of young men. Thought he did a pretty good job while at Taft.

I’m thinking it would be hard for anyone to get a job at any school district after they were fired by CPS. Anyone with a criminal history really shouldn’t be the leader of young men. Thought he did a pretty good job while at Taft.

He is a good man. He had substance abuse issues! RB could use a shot in the arm. It won’t happen though. Hiring Cargile could cause an influx of a demographic that RB doesn’t want to much of.

He is a good man. He had substance abuse issues! RB could use a shot in the arm. It won’t happen though. Hiring Cargile could cause an influx of a demographic that RB doesn’t want to much of.
Roger Bacon is fairly diverse.

but seems like the Taft coach had gotten his life together. he ran one of the premier city programs in the state.i don’t think his past should be an issue anymore.

I wonder how much an Aiken or Taft will be affected by not being in school? I know they are back to in person, but it's not full time and there are a lot of cps students not accounted for. It's a shame, but a lot of these kids rely on their school to feed them and give them positive support.

I saw Cargile did have some issues in the past. Really not sure how he was coaching to begin with. Also not sure how good of a coach he is, because Taft has had a pretty solid program for quite some time. Aiken on the other hand could barely field a team not long ago.

I wonder how much an Aiken or Taft will be affected by not being in school? I know they are back to in person, but it's not full time and there are a lot of cps students not accounted for. It's a shame, but a lot of these kids rely on their school to feed them and give them positive support.

I saw Cargile did have some issues in the past. Really not sure how he was coaching to begin with. Also not sure how good of a coach he is, because Taft has had a pretty solid program for quite some time. Aiken on the other hand could barely field a team not long ago.
i watched Taft live this season

they seemed to be well coached. play calling was pretty good. they do what they can to let their athletes play which is the right move.

very undisciplined. but most city league teams are across the state.

they exploited Greenons weakness on defense (run defense) pretty well in my opinion

i do wonder how he first got a coaching job, but it seems like he got his life turned around and did a respectable job with the boys at Taft.

• Week 1 – 8/20 @ Taft W
  • Week 2 – 8/27 vs Aiken L - More talent than RB
  • Week 3 – 9/3 @ Newport Central Catholic W
  • Week 4 – 9/10 @ Badin (Fairfield HS) L - great program & haven’t beaten them in years
  • Week 5 – 9/17 @ McNicholas L - Toss up

• Week 6 – 9/24 vs Norwood (Homecoming) W
  • Week 7 – 10/1 @ CHCA L - Toss up could go either way

• Week 8 – 10/8 vs Purcell Marian W
  • Week 9 – 10/15 vs Summit Country Day W
  • Week 10 – 10/22 vs North College Hill (Senior Night) W

This is pretty much how I see it as well. I believe Aiken, McNich, and CHCA are potentially coin flip games. That's why I have them at 6-8, but probably 7 wins. I think they can at least beat one of Aiken, McNich, CHCA, and Badin. Badin is most likely the one game I don't see them winning.

Unsure about the OL but they have had some solid size up front the last couple years. They have one of the best Quarterbacks in the city in Logan Huber. He can sling it!

Is he though? Never heard his name mentioned in any quarterback conversation. Looked at the MVC site and saw that he was only 2nd team. Not that any of that voting matters, because I also saw the HFC's son was DPOY in 2019.

Is he though? Never heard his name mentioned in any quarterback conversation. Looked at the MVC site and saw that he was only 2nd team. Not that any of that voting matters, because I also saw the HFC's son was DPOY in 2019.

I think he is. Outside of Kiner he kept them moving on O with his throws. He is ridiculously accurate. I checked the league site too and while his stats weren’t gaudy he had the best efficiency out of any of the starting QBs in the league. That’s with an LSU tailback getting the bulk of the load. The first team QB had 20 ints, so I think that voting can be a bit bogus. As for Blaut’s child, he was first team all state also

I think he is. Outside of Kiner he kept them moving on O with his throws. He is ridiculously accurate. I checked the league site too and while his stats weren’t gaudy he had the best efficiency out of any of the starting QBs in the league. That’s with an LSU tailback getting the bulk of the load. The first team QB had 20 ints, so I think that voting can be a bit bogus. As for Blaut’s child, he was first team all state also
he seemed pretty efficient too me but he wasn't the type of QB to make something out of nothing or run much. again, that's not saying he's bad because he's not. he had a solid arm. he ran the offense efficiently. his athleticism didn't stand out. it'll be interesting to see his role next ear without Kiner.

he seemed pretty efficient too me but he wasn't the type of QB to make something out of nothing or run much. again, that's not saying he's bad because he's not. he had a solid arm. he ran the offense efficiently. his athleticism didn't stand out. it'll be interesting to see his role next ear without Kiner.
He made some nice throws vs. Versailles. I think he has the arm to make teams pay if you give him time and a receiver to throw to.

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: And he went where? If he was truly a first team all state player, we should be hearing about him the next 4 years! Just my opinion, but I think daddy did a lot to help with that.

So IMO he was efficient because teams obviously played the run first. If he becomes the focal point, can he be as efficient? And will they build around him? Their offense isn't anything special. It kinda resembles a middle school team. But when you have a top recruit at RB at the division 5 level, you don't have to do much to have a winning record. And let's face it, that's what they were after by joining the MVC.

Haven't seen many pocket passers in high school. Especially in the lower divisions. I guess we will see?
Roger Bacon has a much larger talent pool they can pick from than most other D5 schools. they wanted a QB who could efficiently run their Kiner-oriented offense, and that’s what they got. next year will show what Huber truly is.

So IMO he was efficient because teams obviously played the run first. If he becomes the focal point, can he be as efficient? And will they build around him? Their offense isn't anything special. It kinda resembles a middle school team. But when you have a top recruit at RB at the division 5 level, you don't have to do much to have a winning record. And let's face it, that's what they were after by joining the MVC.

The offense outside of Kiner was predicitable and middling. In spite of that Huber still delivered which says something about his ability.

I don't like the fact that RB joined the MVC at all. That being said it's very comparable to Indiana Hill and Wyoming playing in the CHL. Per the GCL website before RB entered the MVC they went 4-6 losing 3 of those games by 1 possession. Alter went to the state finals that year and Badin and CJ lost to Alter. I'm not looking for consolation but if you are going to throw dirt at least be reasonable and don't live in a glass house with PM on it...

I would necessarily guarantee a win over Newport Catholic..that is a very good program that knows how to win and they play very good football over there! Just sayin

I agree they are a good program, but they are also a D7 school in Ohio. I give the credit for scheduling a larger school.

The offense outside of Kiner was predicitable and middling. In spite of that Huber still delivered which says something about his ability.

I don't like the fact that RB joined the MVC at all. That being said it's very comparable to Indiana Hill and Wyoming playing in the CHL. Per the GCL website before RB entered the MVC they went 4-6 losing 3 of those games by 1 possession. Alter went to the state finals that year and Badin and CJ lost to Alter. I'm not looking for consolation but if you are going to throw dirt at least be reasonable and don't live in a glass house with PM on it...

He also wasn't the quarterback during that period, so we don't know how he would have fared verse those schools. Maybe the previous quarterback was more of a run threat? It's not so much a talent issue at RB as it is a coaching issue.

Roger Bacon has a much larger talent pool they can pick from than most other D5 schools. they wanted a QB who could efficiently run their Kiner-oriented offense, and that’s what they got. next year will show what Huber truly is.

Don't hold your breath! Unless he's a power 5 quarterback, RB will be back in the same boat as they've been in with the exception of the past 2 years.

I think their schedule is weak overall so 6 games are pretty doable. The handicap will be playcalling. Without Kiner, will Blaut revert to his super predictable playcalling?
His playcalling was still predictable however, he had a Dawg playing against Non-Dawgs. Roger Bacon will remain slightly above 500 hundred since they are in the MVC Most Valuable Conference, where kids play football because the soccer teams filled up fast and they need gym credit.