2021 Northern Lakes League

Wouldn't that be something? I heard they built enough big houses there that Sylvania was ok with letting the kids go to their schools.

Anyone have an inside on who is returning for what team? or how many starters? AW was young this year...I think they will be at the top again next year!

Last edited:
Maumee was really young last year, had some success at the freshman and JV level, and has quite a few players back.

Maumee was really young last year, had some success at the freshman and JV level, and has quite a few players back.
I feel like Maumee is still going to struggle within the NLL until they can get some athletes to take advantage of the open enrollment there. Them being landlocked does not help their cause.

You think Perrysburg is going to be a lot better now, or that they are going to stumble?
I don't know about stumbling but I think it will take them a little bit of time to get their bearings. I think they lost a lot of leadership that could slow the transition down. For Conner's sake I hope I'm wrong and he can keep the train rolling!

Anything new to discuss or is everyone waiting for the league alignment talks to come to a head?

Looking at the league next year I think there’s going to be a bigger gap than ever between the top 2 and the rest. Anthony Wayne was fairly young last year and may be the best team, then I would expect Perrysburg to reload with their backfield already set. 3-8 is anybody’s guess, Napoleon has as many players out as anyone after the top two and Strock is a good coach but that Senior class was solid. Northview may be decent but they’ve only had one truly successful year for their school size, typically 0-2 vs the top, 2-0 vs the bottom and toss ups vs the middle. BG will be bringing in a new coach and probably new system on offense and Springfield will be in year two under Bell. Neither has great numbers and honestly weren’t very good at the lower levels I don’t believe, Springfield has a couple good skill guys returning though. Maumee will be in year 3 under Coutcher and had a decent season for Jv and Freshman but numbers are still not great. SV is in year two under Rowe but didn’t field three teams and lose a couple very good seniors. My prediction:

1) AW 7-0
2) Perrysburg 6-1
3) Napoleon 4-3
3b) Northview 4-3
5) Springfield 3-4
5b) Maumee 3-4
7) BG 1-6
8) SV 0-7
Think everybody after AW and PB will be playing for 3rd and I’d be surprised in those two had a single close game outside of playing each other...but I guess that’s what they want.

Last edited:
Reactions: AXE
I feel that for the size of the schools, Pburg and Northview should have more players out and Northview should be better than they are.

I would go with NLLbest's pick. The cupboard is bare at BG and their numbers will be low. SV is still a dumpster fire

I feel that for the size of the schools, Pburg and Northview should have more players out and Northview should be better than they are.
I agree, I think they were so bad for about 6 years before the current staff came in that they’ve just been content being average with decent numbers. They’ve even had some of the best players in the league when you think of Simms and multiple D1 lineman. You’d never know they were the 3rd biggest school if you looked at the results.

Looking at the league next year I think there’s going to be a bigger gap than ever between the top 2 and the rest. Anthony Wayne was fairly young last year and may be the best team, then I would expect Perrysburg to reload with their backfield already set. 3-8 is anybody’s guess, Napoleon has as many players out as anyone after the top two and Strock is a good coach but that Senior class was solid. Northview may be decent but they’ve only had one truly successful year for their school size, typically 0-2 vs the top, 2-0 vs the bottom and toss ups vs the middle. BG will be bringing in a new coach and probably new system on offense and Springfield will be in year two under Bell. Neither has great numbers and honestly weren’t very good at the lower levels I don’t believe, Springfield has a couple good skill guys returning though. Maumee will be in year 3 under Coutcher and had a decent season for Jv and Freshman but numbers are still not great. SV is in year two under Rowe but didn’t field three teams and lose a couple very good seniors. My prediction:

1) AW 7-0
2) Perrysburg 6-1
3) Napoleon 4-3
3b) Northview 4-3
5) Springfield 3-4
5b) Maumee 3-4
7) BG 1-6
8) SV 0-7
Think everybody after AW and PB will be playing for 3rd and I’d be surprised in those two had a single close game outside of playing each other...but I guess that’s what they want.

I am in total agreement with this prediction. My friend that coaches at AW says that this might be the best team that they have had personnel wise since Brungard became HC. I think it might take Pburg a couple of weeks to get used to the new coaching staff and mentality, so depending on who their non-league games are will determine how fast they get outta the gates. Also, was told that Pburg lost a lot to graduation so that could affect how quickly they start as well. I think Napoleon puts out a good team almost every year with Strock as HC. They are tough and competitive, they might only lose to the top two or just AW. I feel that the rest of the league could come to a coin flip of who will win. Just hoping the stadiums are allowed to get back to full capacity by the time the season rolls around.

I am in total agreement with this prediction. My friend that coaches at AW says that this might be the best team that they have had personnel wise since Brungard became HC. I think it might take Pburg a couple of weeks to get used to the new coaching staff and mentality, so depending on who their non-league games are will determine how fast they get outta the gates. Also, was told that Pburg lost a lot to graduation so that could affect how quickly they start as well. I think Napoleon puts out a good team almost every year with Strock as HC. They are tough and competitive, they might only lose to the top two or just AW. I feel that the rest of the league could come to a coin flip of who will win. Just hoping the stadiums are allowed to get back to full capacity by the time the season rolls around.

Perrysburg OOC schedule:

08/20 H Dublin Jerome
08/27 H Findlay
09/03 A Toledo St. John's Jesuit

Reactions: AXE
Perrysburg OOC schedule:

08/20 H Dublin Jerome
08/27 H Findlay
09/03 A Toledo St. John's Jesuit
Nice OOC play. Would not be surprised if they go 3-0 into conference play, Findlay is a tough team and SJJ will see if the younger Lichtenberg can fill the shoes of his brother.

Not to bleed another topic into this thread, but with them scheduling SJJ could it be fair to say P-Burg would still theoretically schedule some of the privates should all of this alignment talk finally go into action?

I think Pburg graduated too much to be able to come out of those first 3 games unblemished. Adding in the new coach and new chemistry to the season is the reason I say slow start. I understand Dublin was 2-5 last season but I know they have a lot of talent down there, newer school and I believe new coach for them as well. Findlay is going to be decent and we will see if SJ can put the pieces together.