2021 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Props from Chris Spielman for the Massillon Tigers program during the Bengals-Cowboys game this afternoon. Thanks Chris. “Once a Tiger, Always a Tiger!” ?
Loved it ! Glad that I just got home and turned on the TV when he stated that. Much love to the city and town for sure !

Please revisit the “10 Winningest High School Football Programs” at massillontigers.com. The list for these schools are updated weekly. The only teams that have games left for the 2020 season are: Valdosta, Louisville Male, Muskegon, MI. are Highland Park, TX. The other teams have completed their seasons. In addition, according to the GA Athletic Association, Valdosta has 937 Wins.

The Tigers started the 2020 season in 5th place. Now they have moved into 3rd. In addition, Highland Park, Texas has moved into 9th place, who is still playing. McKinley has dropped to 10th.

The latest rumor has former Massillon assistant Scott Garcia reclaiming the top spot at GlenOak. Best of luck to him.

"There IS a lot going on over here."

-JLP

Can you suggest other alternatives? Stark area? LOL! By the way, where did you get that info?
My paste didn't paste!

Reynoldsburg Football on Twitter: "This upcoming season we will honor the 75 groups of young men that donned the Purple & Gold before us. We can't wait to see you there with us, Reynoldsburg... let's party like it's 1946. #moretocome #reynproud #reynunited #weareraiders #knowyourroots #RHSFB75 https://t.co/05eZ6eVnYO" / Twitter

1608391665507.png

There are now 7 teams scheduled for next season and 4 of them are D1 ! Gotta love the way Coach Moore schedules !!! ???
I agree....somewhat. Playing THE RIGHT D1 programs are what's important. Pick Central will prepare us....not sure about Reynoldsburg, that's not a criticism, it's just me being unfamiliar with them. I did see in '19 they gave eventual state champion Pick Central a good game in the playoffs. Anyway, as I said....it has to be THE RIGHT D1 program, and to find D1 programs who are going to prepare you for deep playoff runs, you have to leave stark county. Obviously I believe McKinley will help prepare us for the playoffs....rivalry, big crowds, intensity....etc....etc....etc....outside of McKinley however, we need three things. #1) we need to have D1 teams available to us, do we have that? Yeah, but not an abundance. #2) said teams have to be willing to play you knowing there is a 99% chance at taking a loss. Outside of McK, we have one....GlenOak. #3) the team has to actually do its job and prepare you. The first two criteria mean nothing if the 3rd criteria isn't met. So, again....to find large D1 schools who are willing to play, and then actually prepare you for the playoffs (or at least give you an abundance of computer points), you must leave Stark County. I love the addition of PC and I hope we continue to put Ed's and Ignatius on the schedule. Would also love to see an eventual Massillon vs Colerain game and a Massillon vs HHW game.

-JLP

Reynoldsburg is one of those programs that should be better with the talent they have. They have dudes every year but always end up losing 1st rd/2nd rd of the playoffs if they make it. Their qb is a beast. Massillon should win this one

Reynoldsburg is one of those programs that should be better with the talent they have. They have dudes every year but always end up losing 1st rd/2nd rd of the playoffs if they make it. Their qb is a beast. Massillon should win this one
Reynoldsburg is loaded , returning a bunch of starters. former canton mckinley great, KINTA MITCHELL, son Jabari Mitchell #35 is a beast . he's gone be a problem at outside linebacker.6'3 200 ..cousin to the 8th grade rb that's headed to tiger town

Last edited:
Reynoldsburg is loaded , returning a bunch of starters. former canton mckinley great, KINTA MITCHELL, son Jabari Mitchell #35 is a beast . he's gone be a problem at outside linebacker.6'3 200 ..cousin to the 8th grade rb that's headed to tiger town

Impressive! Who can forget Kinta Mitchell? Dude was a LOAD. Like father like son apparently.

Looks like Dabo "pulled a Wakefield" as Ryan Beltz tweeted, ranking the Buckeyes #11 with his vote in the final coaches poll....didn't turn out too good for Wakefield, hopefully the Buckeyes get the same results the Tigers did.

-JLP

Status
Not open for further replies.