2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
wrestling I'm sure doesn't have the home and home schedule that other sports will have. Nor will track. Those are both sports with big weekend invitationals. This home and home schedule would only apply in soccer, basketball, and baseball/softball?

Does anyone feel like any TRC team is going to be hurt because they have to play TRC teams twice and don't have room on their schedule for state caliber games? I just don't see it.

wrestling I'm sure doesn't have the home and home schedule that other sports will have. Nor will track. Those are both sports with big weekend invitationals. This home and home schedule would only apply in soccer, basketball, and baseball/softball?

Does anyone feel like any TRC team is going to be hurt because they have to play TRC teams twice and don't have room on their schedule for state caliber games? I just don't see it.
The only sport where that may happen is Milton Softball. I believe he likes to schedule a very tough out of conference schedule, so losing the ability to schedule as many ooc games may hurt them but I doubt it.

Gotcha.
I guess I'd say with 27 games allowed and 14 mandated by the league, They should be able to get their work in with the other 13 games. Of course in spring they always try to reschedule rained out league games and maybe not the ooc games, so I can see that those 13 might turn into 7 or 8 with weather.

State level competition would come from:
Troy Christian- Wrestling, Basketball
Milton-Union- track, Softball, Tennis
Bethel- baseball, basketball
Miami East- wrestling, basketball,
Any others that I just don't know about
Miami East and Covington have traditionally had very strong track programs. Both schools usually send multiple athletes to the state track meet. I know Miami East had a guy win state at pole vault in 2019. Covington usually sends some individuals and relay teams.

Of the 3 schools joining the TRC from the CCC, Miami East has been solid at baseball, but Covington and Bethel have struggled as of late. I looked at the CCC site and the last year I could find standings was 2018 and those 2 schools were the bottom 2 teams. Bethel did used to have a strong baseball tradition. Maybe they'll get back to it.

Just depends on how good the league is in those sports. If the games are competitive the lack of OOC games maybe a wash. If in soccer for example, the games are blowouts it will hurt if you have state aspirations.

Miami East and Covington have traditionally had very strong track programs. Both schools usually send multiple athletes to the state track meet. I know Miami East had a guy win state at pole vault in 2019. Covington usually sends some individuals and relay teams.

Of the 3 schools joining the TRC from the CCC, Miami East has been solid at baseball, but Covington and Bethel have struggled as of late. I looked at the CCC site and the last year I could find standings was 2018 and those 2 schools were the bottom 2 teams. Bethel did used to have a strong baseball tradition. Maybe they'll get back to it.
TC wil have a state quality baseball team the next 2 years. They have one of the top 1b in the entire midwest. Will go mid to high d1.

This thread just shows the quality of the league. The smaller schools will get great prep for their tournaments by playing the higher schools. I think the bigger schools will have the right mix of equal talent and smaller schools.

Again I really worry about my TC path to 6 wins in football next year even with one of the better teams that have had in a few years. Even if I try to pull 5 wins out that schedule, its a alot of hope so and maybe. Arggg it sure will be fun though.

I'm sure they will get it. I think the TRC will actually be down somewhat with the coaching changes and the loss of talent at some schools. Milton is poised to take the title this year provided they can stay healthy and hope for some breaks. I feel Troy Ch. Miami East and Riverside should be very tough. Covington will be a tough out too.
Milton is just going through a high point with talent right now. Pearce is a great coach so that is there is too. Milton's schedule is rough in week 2-3 and then league will be tough. Valley View will be the toughest game all year. By-far.

I'm sure they will get it. I think the TRC will actually be down somewhat with the coaching changes and the loss of talent at some schools. Milton is poised to take the title this year provided they can stay healthy and hope for some breaks. I feel Troy Ch. Miami East and Riverside should be very tough. Covington will be a tough out too.
Milton is just going through a high point with talent right now. Pearce is a great coach so that is there is too. Milton's schedule is rough in week 2-3 and then league will be tough. Valley View will be the toughest game all year. By-far.

MU is in a prime position this year for football. I expect them to have a great season, the inside track on winning the league.

Any word on who has applied?
It's been over a month since it was announced that Cates was taking the Vandalia Butler job. The deadline to apply for the Covington position was April 1st, so I'd guess interviews are taking place already. Hopefully we start hearing more about this one soon.

FE4BBA9E-5106-4ECB-B249-E586E116E558.jpeg

Looks like the TRC will be the only Three Rivers Conference in the future.

Stop it. No one in Pirate country thinks this. They know it’s a new, difficult challenge. Just hoping Riverside competes in the TRC.
I’m going to say there will be years riverside gives everyone a run for their money?? Everyone’s acting like they are this 6 year old kid with a bunch of 13 year olds. Quite frankly nobody in this conference is a real bruiser by any means and won’t be surprised in the years that riverside has some stud athletes (about every 4 years) that they place top 3

I’m going to say there will be years riverside gives everyone a run for their money?? Everyone’s acting like they are this 6 year old kid with a bunch of 13 year olds. Quite frankly nobody in this conference is a real bruiser by any means and won’t be surprised in the years that riverside has some stud athletes (about every 4 years) that they place top 3

Your right. I feel the same way about Troy Christian. The difference will be the big dogs will be a lot more consistent than the smaller schools. While the TC and Riversides and Lehmans will have some great years, they will also have some really bad years. I dont see MU ever being in the bottom in Football or Basketball. Not a bad thing it all, I will trade being in the bottom of this conference than our old one.

One concern point for me and TC is some of the women sports. We are really going to have to up our game there. A challenge that the school will enjoy.

I think you just described every team in the league minus whoever you think the "big dogs" are. I don't see anyone on here saying Riverside is not good. I see questions relating to their enrollment, which I think are valid. I see "can they compete with schools much bigger" and "this league will be tougher than their old league". I don't see "They are too small and going to get crushed".
Every school this size is going to go through up years and down years with their athletes.

I see every year the league coming down to Milton, Covington, and whichever other schools are in an "up cycle" with their athletes. This is for football. I see every sport having a couple of "big dogs", and the situation will be the same, just different schools per sport. Those few plus whoever is good that year will compete for titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.