2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bless Em All

The Three Rivers Conference will begin it's inaugural season this year.
Tipp City Bethel Bees- CCC
Covington Buccaneers- CCC
Casstown Miami East Vikings- CCC
Sidney Lehman Catholic Cavaliers- NWCC
Dayton Northridge Polar Bears- SWBL
Troy Christian Eagles- MBC
DeGraff Riverside Pirates- NWCC
W. Milton Milton-Union Bulldogs- SWBL

Please use this thread to post information concerning the conference and begin talk about the 2021 TRC football season.
Conference website: www.trcathletics.com
Commissioner: Roger Craft

I would think so. Covington, East and Milton being the big 3. I'm thinking Greenon would be a great fit here, GHS.

I would think so. Covington, East and Milton being the big 3. I'm thinking Greenon would be a great fit here, GHS.
they would. could replace Lehman and/or Riverside when they get tired, or close down (Lehman). Competetively and culturally, they fit very well. Greenon is a lot like Milton and Bethel, in my opinion.

I'm not as convinced as others that Riverside is weak in this conference. They may be upper half.
they played a very weak schedule. the NWCC is not good. they had a nice win against Tri Village. playing Milton Union every year is a step up from Ridgemont and Waynesfield Goshen. they will be competitive some years if they keep developing talent, but that’s never a sure thing at most D7 schools.

It’s not an official TRC thread until someone posts about realignment and kicking out Lehman or Riverside. ??
Riverside belongs in the OHC. they always have. you can’t argue differently. Riverside is a solid small school program and fits the OHC footprint, as well as culturally, better than any other league.

the TRC has an absolutely tremendous core with the Miami County 5. Northridge is probably a safe bet to stay. Riverside and Lehman just aren’t natural fits into the league. this will likely be a temporary marriage for both parties involved.

i could see two of Brookville and Greenon replacing Riverside and Lehman in this league in 10 years.

That would be a nice change. Nothing against Riverside or Lehman. But to change d7s for d5s and closer drives is a good move. I have a feeling Riverside will be competitive and will upset a few larger schools. Lehman, I just don't know enough to have an opinion on them. Back in the SRC days they were tough. Used to beat up Milton alot.
Greenon, Brookville, Milton, Northridge, Miami East, Troy Chr, Bethel, Covington would be a very, very good conference.

I am interested to see Riverside in this league without their Senior RB/LB from this past year. I'd say they will not be able to keep up with Covington or Milton in terms of physicality and it sounds like East has quite the underclassmen coming up.

Why would they choose the name Three Rivers when there is already a Three Rivers Athletic Conference in Ohio?
3 Rivers Conference was around in the early 70s to early 80s. I saw where the TRAC is disbanding?
As for Riverside, I'm thinking they will be ok in this league. Outside of the good years at Milton and East, Covington is the only consistent 8-10 win program. Milton has the foundation and the kids, not traveling across the Miami Valley to compete, will help a lot. Riverside is our only real long haul. Lehman is a ways but right up 75. The rest are in our back yard. I expect much larger crowds then the SWBL brought. Covington vs Milton, Bethel vs Milton, East vs Milton will be large crowds every year. Not sure how TC travels for football. Riverside might bring a few more than any SWBL school. Brookville always brought the house. Oakwood travels well in the warm weather. Valley View always brings the whole house.

Last edited:
That would be a nice change. Nothing against Riverside or Lehman. But to change d7s for d5s and closer drives is a good move. I have a feeling Riverside will be competitive and will upset a few larger schools. Lehman, I just don't know enough to have an opinion on them. Back in the SRC days they were tough. Used to beat up Milton alot.
Greenon, Brookville, Milton, Northridge, Miami East, Troy Chr, Bethel, Covington would be a very, very good conference.
ditto, my friend.

I'm not as convinced as others that Riverside is weak in this conference. They may be upper half.

Agreed. Riverside should be a consistent team in the Top 4-5. Early on, I think that at least. Going off of 2020, Covington, Miami East, and Milton Union didn't have bad teams, but not some of their strongest either. Especially ME, they took a step backwards. Maybe 2021 is different?

Agreed. Riverside should be a consistent team in the Top 4-5. Early on, I think that at least. Going off of 2020, Covington, Miami East, and Milton Union didn't have bad teams, but not some of their strongest either. Especially ME, they took a step backwards. Maybe 2021 is different?
the word on the street is that Miami East has a very good class coming up. i don’t know about Covington. Milton Seems to stay pretty solid. i would bet the title comes down to those 3.

Riverside belongs in the OHC. they always have. you can’t argue differently. Riverside is a solid small school program and fits the OHC footprint, as well as culturally, better than any other league.

the TRC has an absolutely tremendous core with the Miami County 5. Northridge is probably a safe bet to stay. Riverside and Lehman just aren’t natural fits into the league. this will likely be a temporary marriage for both parties involved.

i could see two of Brookville and Greenon replacing Riverside and Lehman in this league in 10 years.
You get rid of West Jefferson and we’ll think about the trade.....

they played a very weak schedule. the NWCC is not good. they had a nice win against Tri Village. playing Milton Union every year is a step up from Ridgemont and Waynesfield Goshen. they will be competitive some years if they keep developing talent, but that’s never a sure thing at most D7 schools.

Agreed that the NWCC is weak, no doubt. However, keep in mind, Riverside didn’t even play WG or Ridgemont in this Covid season (2 schools you mentioned, just saying). As you mentioned, nice win against TV, and a 42-19 win over Ben Logan in week 10. Not saying BL is a standout team, but a decent barometer considering BL is a D5 school that plays in a tougher conference than the NWCC.

I agree that the OHC would be a better fit for Riverside (not sure where Lehman belongs), I was just commenting because every TRC thread starts as inaugural season commentary, quickly turns into Riverside being evicted immediately, haha. Can be a bit frustrating for the folks in Pirate country.

Agreed that the NWCC is weak, no doubt. However, keep in mind, Riverside didn’t even play WG or Ridgemont in this Covid season (2 schools you mentioned, just saying). As you mentioned, nice win against TV, and a 42-19 win over Ben Logan in week 10. Not saying BL is a standout team, but a decent barometer considering BL is a D5 school that plays in a tougher conference than the NWCC.

I agree that the OHC would be a better fit for Riverside (not sure where Lehman belongs), I was just commenting because every TRC thread starts as inaugural season commentary, quickly turns into Riverside being evicted immediately, haha. Can be a bit frustrating for the folks in Pirate country.
i understand how you feel. but it’s hard not to understand that Riverside is one of the odd men out in the new TRC. it’s a better situation than they were in, but Riverside and Lehman joined because it was a temporary improvement for both parties.

Riverside has had a solid program lately. Kale Long was a good ball player. they seem to make the most out of what they have. Tri Village win was impressive to me. Ben Logan.. not so much. larger school and some talent on the team but they quite literally don’t use it. i expected a Riverside win, but not a blowout. of course, any games played after the playoffs are really hard to count in my book for a few reasons.

if the TRC was a league in this past 2020 season, i truly think Riverside would’ve placed 2nd in the league. most other schools were down. i have 0 Riverside bias, i have a lot of respect for the program and the town has a nice little pizza/ice cream spot that i enjoyed

Weiskittle already doesn't like me so maybe this is a good move. ????
I have no issues with Riverside. We currently play Dixie who is d6 and can't beat their way out of a wet bag.
Dixie has had a couple of wins over Milton since they started playing. One year it was our only loss. So Riverside is a quality opponent to anybody. Milton will struggle with Covington, East and Riverside annually. MU is D4 right now but headed to d5 soon. The next two years at Milton should be banner years, meaning we should compete for the title. Basketball is doing well and track is a strength for Milton. Soccer is a strength as well. Not sure all schools will have Soccer, Tennis and Wrestling for boys. All good sports at MU.
I'd like to see Milton dump National Trails and pick up a Greenon, Brookville, Loramie or even Mechnicsburg in week 1. But I'm not the coach that has to prepare for that schedule with Oakwood and Valley View waiting in weeks 2-3.

Last edited:
Weiskittle already doesn't like me so maybe this is a good move. ????
I have no issues with Riverside. We currently play Dixie who is d6 and can't beat their way out of a wet bag.
Dixie has had a couple of wins over Milton since they started playing. One year it was our only loss. So Riverside is a quality opponent to anybody. Milton will struggle with Covington, East and Riverside annually. MU is D4 right now but headed to d5 soon. The next two years at Milton should be banner years, meaning we should compete for the title. Basketball is doing well and track is a strength for Milton. Soccer is a strength as well. Not sure all schools will have Soccer, Tennis and Wrestling for boys. All good sports at MU.
I'd like to see Milton dump National Trails and pick up a Greenon, Brookville, Loramie or even Mechnicsburg in week 1. But I'm not the coach that has to prepare for that schedule with Oakwood and Valley View waiting in weeks 2-3.
Mechanicsburg and Loramie won't happen. Loramie will play the MAC and Mechanicsburg will play the CBC whenever possible. Greenon will need a week 1 game after this season, so that is a possibility if Milton is open. Brookville would be a great game but they are probably locked into Tri County North for the foreseeable future. National Trail is a bad game for them. They already play schools smaller than them in the conference schedule, they need to play up or equal to their size to gather harbins.

Why did Milton and Brookville never play in the SWBL? they are close proximity and near the same size. I never saw them play a crossover (not sure why Brookville was in the big school division)

Brookville would be a perfect fit in this new conference. They would bring good competition to all sports and are a great fit geographically. I'm not sure how the Brookville administration feels about it but it makes a lot of sense to me!
I would have to think that Brookville was asked to join the TRC. My understanding is that they've always been happy in the SWBL and have preferred to be in the big school division. I do think they could be a good fit in the TRC. Based on size of the school and location, I think it could work. I just think they are happy where they are at now, but that could change in the future.

I would have to think that Brookville was asked to join the TRC. My understanding is that they've always been happy in the SWBL and have preferred to be in the big school division. I do think they could be a good fit in the TRC. Based on size of the school and location, I think it could work. I just think they are happy where they are at now, but that could change in the future.
I think if/when Lehman closes its doors, it'd be a hard thing to turn down.

National Trail is a bad game for them. They already play schools smaller than them in the conference schedule, they need to play up or equal to their size to gather harbins.
Why did Milton and Brookville never play in the SWBL? they are close proximity and near the same size. I never saw them play a crossover (not sure why Brookville was in the big school division)

Brookville and Milton have played many times. The last time the crossovers changed Brookville went off MU's schedule and Valley View went on. Milton does play Valley View and Oakwood in weeks 2 & 3, so it's not like they dont play bigger schools in OOC.
As far as NT goes, wins and losses are much more important for Harbins than size of school. If you think Trail is going to lose in the new W.O.A.C. then they are bad for Milton. If you think they will win some games, they will be worth points in years when MU beats them.
Go back to 2019 (since 2020 numbers are jacked up) Trail wouldv'e been worth 19 points, and that is with losses to Covington and Miami East who are no longer on their schedule. That is more than MAC schools Versailles, Ft Recovery,Parkway, DSJ and St Henry. Do we think Trail was better than them? probably not. Is it smart for MU to schedule a team that: A-they have a great chance at opening the season with a win, and B-will be worth good Harbins? hmmmm

Brookville and Milton have played many times. The last time the crossovers changed Brookville went off MU's schedule and Valley View went on. Milton does play Valley View and Oakwood in weeks 2 & 3, so it's not like they dont play bigger schools in OOC.
As far as NT goes, wins and losses are much more important for Harbins than size of school. If you think Trail is going to lose in the new W.O.A.C. then they are bad for Milton. If you think they will win some games, they will be worth points in years when MU beats them.
Go back to 2019 (since 2020 numbers are jacked up) Trail wouldv'e been worth 19 points, and that is with losses to Covington and Miami East who are no longer on their schedule. That is more than MAC schools Versailles, Ft Recovery,Parkway, DSJ and St Henry. Do we think Trail was better than them? probably not. Is it smart for MU to schedule a team that: A-they have a great chance at opening the season with a win, and B-will be worth good Harbins? hmmmm
Trail is a program that is getting better. In the WOAC I can see them winning some games. I’m not saying they will compete to win the conference next year. But I can see them being around .500.

Status
Not open for further replies.