2021 GCL-Co Ed

I love the wish-bone

Suprised no one has made this thread yet. I'm excited to see if this now Sophomore group from Alter is as good as everyone is saying or if CJ will continue their reign of terror.

Badin wins the league easily this year maybe CJ, sorry to tell you but Alter has a zero chance at winning with their rec players.

I heard from one of my buddies involved with Alter baseball that they had 5 Freshman last year who were going to see varsity time. Granted, the team wasn't incredible last year so it probably wasn't too difficult to make the Varsity team, but even then if they are as good as advertised Alter could be a surprising team this year. Not saying they will win the GCL with how tough all the teams are but Alter might have their best team since the early 2000's on their hands.

Can't really speak for Alter and CJ (although I do know of a couple of Alter pitchers (they train with my kid's pitching coach)), but Badin is loaded.

In nearly 30 years of GCL play(I believe the Coed division began in 92) the Rams have failed to win their division only once. The GCLCoed went to two divisions in the 2007 season with the addition of Fenwick and Carroll.
Even with the success of CJ over the past 3 seasons(obviously not counting 2020) the Rams would have tied or won the league outright with the exception of 2017. I would say there is a good chance that their run will continue. Lets just hope they get to play this year.

They will play. If clubs played in the summer, schools will play in the spring. It is outside, little contact between teams, it will be fine.

I just figured if the poster was silly enough to ask the question after reading the above posts I would be silly right back. Go knights and patriots.

Badin will be dominant in the GCL this year and will be a contender for the D2 title. It will be a dogfight for the #2 spot in the GCL. Carroll has two downright studs on the mound and Cj has one of the top infielders in the state. Alter is young and will be looking for some leadership from their junior class. Despite that I see Alter having one of their better seasons in recent years.

I heard from one of my buddies involved with Alter baseball that they had 5 Freshman last year who were going to see varsity time. Granted, the team wasn't incredible last year so it probably wasn't too difficult to make the Varsity team, but even then if they are as good as advertised Alter could be a surprising team this year. Not saying they will win the GCL with how tough all the teams are but Alter might have their best team since the early 2000's on their hands.
This is true, the Sophomore class is talented but still undersized. They will need the class above them to get them in the weight room. Really looking for Junior Alex Dunkel and Junior Danny Mangin to have break out seasons.

Alter starts off 0-5

Fairmont - 3
Alter - 2

Northwestern - 8
Alter - 6
(May be Wrong)

IMG Academy - 14
Alter - 0

ODA - 7
Alter - 2

IMG Academy - 3
Alter - 2

How did they lose to Roger Bacon? That rarely ever happens. Lasalle and Elder ok but RB???
Badin almost lost to Fenwick as well, some 7th inning errors for Fenwick cost them the game. This Badin team is relatively young, they have four sophomores (i believe) who play for the cincy spikes which is a top 10 club team in the country for their age. So I would imagine as the season progresses they will get more experience and start to win more games.

Upcoming schedule for Alter:

April 13 - McNick
April 14 - Badin
April 16 - @ Badin
April 17 - Double Header @ Wayne

Alter will have a tough week trying to seek their first win, but I think they can pull a couple of wins out this week

Per MaxPreps. Overall record.
Roger Bacon 6-1
McNick 5-2
Purcell Marian 5-2
Badin 4-3
Chaminade Juliene 4-3
Fenwick 1-5
Carroll 1-6
Alter 0-5

Looks like Purcell Marian is much improved this year. Badin, Roger Bacon and McNick still the best in this conference. Saw where Purcell Marian had a close game yesterday against McNick losing a close game 5-3.

I think you may have to include CJ in the conversation as well. They are the reigning back to back state champs. Granted that was two years ago but they went to the finals 3 years in a row. They have also already split with RB.

I think you may have to include CJ in the conversation as well. They are the reigning back to back state champs. Granted that was two years ago but they went to the finals 3 years in a row. They have also already split with RB.
Very young team, AJ Solomon the only player to my knowledge with any varsity game experience. Still have good talent, just inexperienced and some shakey pitching.

Also Roger Bacon is just good.

Greatest thing regarding Alter is they very seldom report scores, box scores, stats, etc. It appears they just don't care and it's been that way since the beginning of them joining the league. They have had some very talented kids over the years.

Very young team, AJ Solomon the only player to my knowledge with any varsity game experience. Still have good talent, just inexperienced and some shakey pitching.

Also Roger Bacon is just good.
Roger Bacon and Purcell for that matter have had some guys that have come through the Reds RBI program. Some of those teams have been very good in the last 5 or six years.

Badin - 16
Alter - 8

For the first time this year Alter seemed to make some solid contact. The Knights still give too many outs on three pitch strikeouts, giving the pitcher lots of momentum and confidence. Alter is getting close to breaking out

Greatest thing regarding Alter is they very seldom report scores, box scores, stats, etc. It appears they just don't care and it's been that way since the beginning of them joining the league. They have had some very talented kids over the years.
They have loads of talent this year, the team just seems to give up 3-4 runs in the first and they roll over and don't battle back. They gave up 6 to Badin in the first and they responded with 2 and then 3 runs after a shutout second inning. This team has all the talent in the world, and can give any GCL team a good fight, the team as a whole is missing something.