09/03 A Powell Olentangy Liberty
09/10 A Mishawaka Penn (IN)
09/17 A Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller
09/24 H Cincinnati Elder
10/01 H Louisville Trinity (KY)
10/08 H Cincinnati La Salle
10/15 A Cleveland St. Ignatius
10/22 N Unknown Opponent ()

noticed only Lasalle has Cathedral on their schedule. maybe that will be the unknown game.

but agree, this will be a challenging schedule

Last edited:
1. Travel: 3 road games to Columbus, Mishawaka and Cleveland for 20 hours round trip travel time......that sucks
2. Schedule via relationships: adding LW as the opener is a result of Bolden-Specht relationship and adding the Trinity game is a result of Coverdale's relationship to that program. Specht got rid of the likes of St. Edward, Indy Warren Central and Trinity all for the same reasons and I figured they would never be back on the schedule. But Coverdale must have convinced him to add.
3. Penn: Due to government officials over reaction to Covid we did not get to see Penn at Ballaban Field last season and missed out on QB Ron Powlus Jr. senior season. Powlus is headed to Notre Dame following his dad of the same name's footsteps. He does have a younger brother Tommy who will be a sophomore this fall likely on the varsity team.
4. Colerain: Kudos to coach Coach Cutright for keeping X on the schedule....hoping he can right the ship
5. Liberty: new team to the schedule, will be first matchup, went 8-3 last year losing to Coffman and both Springfield teams
6. Unknown Opponent: anyone but the Canadians. curious as to why Cathedral is not on the schedule.....Specht and Streif are tight.

This year's team will be interesting, possibly more talented than last year's team but the leadership provided by Clifford, Devine, Albanese and Dubois in the 2019 championship season was outstanding.......this year's captains? McCaughey, Kellom, Lyons and Kirk?

I did see Cathedral is playing Lasalle. I would like to see StX continue that relationship and maybe that is the unknown game since StX is probably seeking a home opponent and it would be their turn to play here. But does it make sense to schedule them that late in the season?

I don't think with COVID restrictions we will see a Canada team on the schedule. It seems a bit too risky right now based on travel restrictions.

Bill Streif retired from coaching at Cathedral in 2018.
Not sure if Specht has much of a relationship with their 3 year coach Bill Peebles.
Peebles was HC at Lawrence Central for 11 years before returning.
He played/graduated from Cathedral and coached there from 1995-2005.
I wonder if the poor condition of the high school field used last year in Indy that caused injury to several Bombers was an issue.

I did see Cathedral is playing Lasalle. I would like to see StX continue that relationship and maybe that is the unknown game since StX is probably seeking a home opponent and it would be their turn to play here. But does it make sense to schedule them that late in the season?

I don't think with COVID restrictions we will see a Canada team on the schedule. It seems a bit too risky right now based on travel restrictions.
I doubt X plays Cathedral if it is in Ohio Week 10. Indiana is starting the same week as Ohio this year, and they only play 9 regular season games. This would cause no common open weeks.

Yes, Cathedral has been a great game for X for a long time-- can't imagine that field had anything to do with not playing this year (I thought the complaints last year were WAY overblown)-- especially seeing as Cathedral would be due to come to Cincinnati this year...

Also, what happened to Louisville St. X-- THAT used to be the regular Week 10 opponent-- maybe that too will not work, with Ohio's 10-week schedule moved up a week this year.

(I don't mind games in Columbus, Indianapolis, or Louisville, nearly as much as games in Cleveland, Nashville, etc.-- the team can STILL leave Friday afternoon, play Friday night, and come back to Cincy the same night, when the game is 100 miles away-- not so, for 250+ miles...)

Worst case is not really worst case-- X gets an extra week to get everyone healthy, before (hopefully) making a run to another....

Worst case is not really worst case-- X gets an extra week to get everyone healthy, before (hopefully) making a run to another....

Well, in all likelihood, it would be two weeks off. And frankly, that is more rest than I want.

At least we can look on the bright side, I don't see any COViD hypocrites questioning whether there should even be a season while simultaneously going to games. It's amazing the gloom and doom I heard about the safety of the kids, blah, blah, blah on that issue, and yet I have seen no mea culpa's about how truly wrong they were. Still, I do feel sorry about kids in some of the more back-asswards states than Ohio (athough Ohio certainly had its share of back-asswardness), as well as the public school students in this state who were denied their senior years forever by a bunch of adults who didn't care about them at all preaching about concerns for their alleged health. But what can you do?

No Brownsburg or Cathedral on the schedule this year. Adding LW and Trinity makes the schedule really tough.

No Brownsburg or Cathedral on the schedule this year. Adding LW and Trinity makes the schedule really tough.
Those (Brownsburg and Cathedral-- our only losses last year) would seem every bit as tough as LW and Trinity.

Did the roll back of the Ohio schedule cause the cancellation of the Louisville St X game? Will that rivalry come back? Looks like they played every year 2009-2019.