Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Lake Blue Streaks

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Perry Panthers

Votes: 37 23.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are the top returning players in 2021?

I would say that McKinley LB Mani Powell, Jackson RB Brenden Craig, and Green WR Trey Martin are the top 3.

Other players who I think could have big years include Glen Oak RB Luke Tyler, Lake RB Logan Brady, Jackson QB Hunter Geissinger and Green QB Trevor VanHorn

Feel free to add to my list. I'm sure there are deserving players I'm missing.

Van Horn and Powell have to be top returners

The schedule also plays into how teams will do. I think Perry and McK play early in league comp. many unknowns this upcoming season. Van Horn had Green on the move.

Don't let the MANIA of football make u laugh to hard boys. LOL

Last edited:
McKinley, Jackson and Perry for the number one slot! Green will be dangerous, but their defense is suspect, so they could slot anywhere from 2nd to 6th....Hoover has weak classes coming in, could get ugly for the Vikes. Lake always fields a strong defensive team, but can't see more than five or six wins depending on their OOC schedule. GlenOak has always been a sleeping giant, but it's going to take a few years. Garcia is a good coach, but depending on their OOC they are looking at 4 wins max. Never discount Wakefield (if he returns), but McKinley is the clear favorite at the starting gate. Of course, unless you're a Massillon fan, they seem to think they are in the Federal League, then they would probably be the favorite depending on which athletes they recruit in for the coming season.

McKinley, Jackson and Perry for the number one slot! Green will be dangerous, but their defense is suspect, so they could slot anywhere from 2nd to 6th....Hoover has weak classes coming in, could get ugly for the Vikes. Lake always fields a strong defensive team, but can't see more than five or six wins depending on their OOC schedule. GlenOak has always been a sleeping giant, but it's going to take a few years. Garcia is a good coach, but depending on their OOC they are looking at 4 wins max. Never discount Wakefield (if he returns), but McKinley is the clear favorite at the starting gate. Of course, unless you're a Massillon fan, they seem to think they are in the Federal League, then they would probably be the favorite depending on which athletes they recruit in for the coming season.
Good analysis. I can't disagree that Green's defense is suspect. I think it has the pieces to be very good, but they've got to prove it on the field. Schaeffer and Reed are both good tacklers and Neff really impressed me as a DB. The run defense has got to improve for Green to compete for a league title. That is going to come down to tackling. The front seven is not particularly big, so they need to do the fundamental things very well to find success.

I hear the same about Hoover. Have to replace all Federal/Region and State QB, RB and WR, plus three other wideouts. Return four linemen on offense. Their current freshmen and sophomores aren’t very talented.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Who are the top returning players in 2021?

I would say that McKinley LB Mani Powell, Jackson RB Brenden Craig, and Green WR Trey Martin are the top 3.

Other players who I think could have big years include Glen Oak RB Luke Tyler, Lake RB Logan Brady, Jackson QB Hunter Geissinger and Green QB Trevor VanHorn

Feel free to add to my list. I'm sure there are deserving players I'm missing.
Harold Fanin from mckinley
Tam Church from mckinley
Sam Thompson from perry
Cam nickson from perry
Quinn Simmer from Green
I can see a big year for all of these kids

Now that basketball season is over for all of the league schools, I figure its a good time to revive the football thread.

I checked FridayNightOhio today to see if there's been any news about any of the Federal League schools. Seems like that site is no longer in operation, as there hasn't been anything posted since December 1st of last year. Hopefully whoever runs it is just taking a break. I always used it to check scores, and it had preview articles for each game that were very detailed. FNO covered the Federal League, EBC, ECOL and IVC. I believe it was affiliated with the Massillon Independent newspaper at one point, no idea who owns it now.

FNO has always been a collaboration of The Repository, Independent and the Times-Reporter (Dover/New Philly). New stories have been sparse after the Finals and until summer camps start. Hopefully it continues and not part of their subscription.

FNO has always been a collaboration of The Repository, Independent and the Times-Reporter (Dover/New Philly). New stories have been sparse after the Finals and until summer camps start. Hopefully it continues and not part of their subscription.
I know that it is less active this time of year, but they haven't even reported about coaching changes or players committing to play in college, which they've always done for as long as I remember. Newspaper coverage of HS sports is just sad now. At least the Canton area still has BigTimeSports and WHBC.

Newspapers are really hurting these days. Then they cut the deadline back for next days articles, an hour, which really hurts. Especially if you want to read an article about Friday nights game. FNO is a good source for articles, but will probably be dormant for awhile due to little high school football news.

Looks like McKinley is getting a transfer defensive back/ return man from Barberton. Glen Oak's starting QB from 2019 is also transferring to McKinley. He missed all but one game last year after getting injured.

Looks like McKinley is getting a transfer defensive back/ return man from Barberton. Glen Oak's starting QB from 2019 is also transferring to McKinley. He missed all but one game last year after getting injured.

Read the Suburban American 2021—Breakdown thread, post #42 from Baller.

Panthers getting a couple of move ins as well. A LB and a OL/DL that also wrestle both are sophomores to be in this upcoming season. One is from Florida who’s parents are moving back to Perry and the other from Akron, not sure what school.
Sources tell me they are already there, can you confirm this?

I like McK to win the federal league this year, however, my bolder prediction is GlenOak wins a league game this year... maybe 2.

I know Green should have some firepower on O but they have a lot to prove to me. I feel like they are underachieving and it starts on defense.

what is Lake bringing back?

I like McK to win the federal league this year, however, my bolder prediction is GlenOak wins a league game this year... maybe 2.

I know Green should have some firepower on O but they have a lot to prove to me. I feel like they are underachieving and it starts on defense.

what is Lake bringing back?
Who do you think Glen Oak beats?

GlenOak beats any one or two of the following: Hoover, Green, Lake, Jackson (they always seem to play them tough)

obviously they will be the under dogs in all of those, my gut just tells me they win a league game this year
I wouldn't be surprised if they won a league game either. Glen Oak opens league play at home against Lake and Hoover in weeks 4-5, and both the Blue Streaks and Vikings lost a ton of key players. I actually think that the most likely win for the Eagles will be in Week 8 against Louisville. They had a chance to beat the Leopards last year, but missed the tying field goal in the last minute of the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if they won a league game either. Glen Oak opens league play at home against Lake and Hoover in weeks 4-5, and both the Blue Streaks and Vikings lost a ton of key players. I actually think that the most likely win for the Eagles will be in Week 8 against Louisville. They had a chance to beat the Leopards last year, but missed the tying field goal in the last minute of the game.
Yeah I agree, I just think Garcia seems reinvigorated and I'd be curious to see his staff but I feel like they will get a league win.

Think they can beat shaker?

Yeah I agree, I just think Garcia seems reinvigorated and I'd be curious to see his staff but I feel like they will get a league win.

Think they can beat shaker?
Never seen Shaker play, but I know they're not usually very good. I could see the Eagles winning that game.

McKinley 2021.jpg

Panthers getting a couple of move ins as well. A LB and a OL/DL that also wrestle both are sophomores to be in this upcoming season. One is from Florida who’s parents are moving back to Perry and the other from Akron, not sure what school.
Still patiently waiting for that confirmation?

Status
Not open for further replies.