2021 Federal League

Canton McKinley Bulldogs
GlenOak Eagles
Green Bulldogs
Hoover Vikings
Jackson Polar Bears
Lake Blue Streaks
Perry Panthers

I expect Green to have their best season since the mid-2000s in 2021. Bulldogs have a very big, experienced senior class. Van Horn at QB and Martin at WR are the top returning players in the league at their positions, While 2020 didn't end the way I'd hoped, it was still Green's best season since 2013. Coach Geis has changed the culture of Green football, and big things are ahead for this group in 2021.

The freshman team was pretty good. Hang in there you may be surprised. Though I get the impatience over returning to consistent D2 power status they had, for years. The division has changed alot since then.
It’s been a while since we’ve been at that status. I’m not sure if it’s coming back. We shall see. I hope! Hopefully those freshman stick together. Definitely a solid class.

What are the expectations for Hoover in 2021? Going to be different without Ashby and Henne. I think I remember hearing numbers are very low at Hoover for 8th and 9th grade. Is that true?

Panthers have a good nucleus coming back with all but 2 offensive linemen and the same on defense returning. Look for sophomore Carson Basham to start at QB next season. Very fast and a good arm when needed. Remember the name DeAndre Church, he is very quick and a carbon copy in size and weight of Josh Lemon when he was a sophomore. Not saying he will be as good, but his potential is there. Returnees Sam Thompson DB/WB, Cam Gill WR/DB, Cam Nickson DL, Andrew Bolam DL/OL, Ralph Scott LB, Jonathon Ruiz DL, Weston Young OL/DL, Vinny Hildebrand OL/DL, Justin Maddox OL/DL and Briar Recktenwalt OL/DL will help solidify the trenches. Another couple sophomores to be who’s names escape me at the moment, will see significant playing time at LB and on the line.

Green seems to be returning much of their offensive production - so I can see a case being made for them to make a move in the standings.
Hoover Perry McK lose quite a bit of their offensive production based on last years stats.
I know Lake was riding a couple bubble classes with high numbers - wasn't sure if this years grad class was the tail end?
Jackson seems to have some momentum under TB, I don't know what they return.
Glenoak rebuilds - thing is when you are down - sky is the limit and it only takes one win to get momo.

Hard to bet against Perry or even McK
I am picking the Canton McKinley Bulldogs at this juncture.

Green seems to be returning much of their offensive production - so I can see a case being made for them to make a move in the standings.
Hoover Perry McK lose quite a bit of their offensive production based on last years stats.
I know Lake was riding a couple bubble classes with high numbers - wasn't sure if this years grad class was the tail end?
Jackson seems to have some momentum under TB, I don't know what they return.
Glenoak rebuilds - thing is when you are down - sky is the limit and it only takes one win to get momo.

Hard to bet against Perry or even McK
I am picking the Canton McKinley Bulldogs at this juncture.
I think Lake has pretty solid numbers in most of their classes. Could be wrong though

Back on topic - I am certain Perry has kids that will step up in that system Wake has rolling. They are hard to bet against. As far as QB play goes the kid at Green has a ton of experience and was looking solid before he got dinged vs Lake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, a Massillon fan who can keep things on topic.

Oops. sorry. It looks like it was a moderated post. :ROFLMAO:

Um. the only purpose of leagues and conferences in interscholastic competitions being reduction in scheduling and travel costs, the "winner" or "champion" of any league or conference is essentially meaningless.

so there's THAT.

I think Perry will win the Fed but I'm rooting for Green to have a nice season as an underdog.
Would be nice to see Green compete for the FLC. As the new kid on the block they've struggled in football, other sports do ok. Perry is still the favorite and will be until someone unseats them.

Status
Not open for further replies.