2021 Elder Football

friend told me tonight the money is being used by StX to set up an endowment for the football program so the program will be funded for life and never have to ask the school for any contributions.
What do you mean a friend told you? That was in the article from WCPO and the press release the Enquirer copied and pasted.

Here are somethings I am "wondering" about. Where is the CovCath game being played? It doesn't sound like it is at The Pit. The way it is written about Louisville St X it sounds like that is the first trip to Kentucky. So is it possible the CovCath game is played somewhere neutral? I am guessing it would be the new FCC stadium. It might be Nippert or PBS. I am guessing they are waiting on Covid to say for sure. I could be reading too much into this.

If the CovCath game isn't played at FCC, the Pickerington Central game will be the second game in two years played on grass after going over a dozen years of not playing on grass.

If the CovCath game isn't played at FCC, the Pickerington Central game will be the second game in two years played on grass after going over a dozen years of not playing on grass.

I think you're on the money with this game potentially being part of the Crosstown Showdown and being played at FCC? I'm not saying Elder-Highlands game crowd would be duplicated(for one not sure if FCC even seats that many), but just like there being a large amount of people wanting to check out PBS at the time, there will be a large number of people just wanting to check out the FCC stadium. It could be a sell out if Dewine allows it.

FCC's Westend Stadium is 26,000 capacity. I don't think it would sell out, but I think a good 12,000 size crowd would not be out of the question for an Elder-Cov Cath week 1 game.

I think you're on the money with this game potentially being part of the Crosstown Showdown and being played at FCC? I'm not saying Elder-Highlands game crowd would be duplicated(for one not sure if FCC even seats that many), but just like there being a large amount of people wanting to check out PBS at the time, there will be a large number of people just wanting to check out the FCC stadium. It could be a sell out if Dewine allows it.
Thanks for making me seem less crazy, at least in my head.

Is that game part of some event? Hard to believe they’d play this at PB or FC if that’s the only game being played.

With this schedule, I’ve got this team going 5-5. I think they’ll beat CC, Mary, Moe, Roncali, VA. LS is a tossup. If Elder’s Defense matures and gels as a unit, they can win. If not, Payne will run all over them.

I think they lose to PC, Eds and both Xs.

Last edited:
Who fills out the LB and DB roles - you have Paff and Spinney, and Flowers and Thomas - who fills in the other positions? Any speed there?

Who fills out the LB and DB roles - you have Paff and Spinney, and Flowers and Thomas - who fills in the other positions? Any speed there?

Thomas is still an athlete at Elder? Don’t think he wrestled one time this season. He injured for the entire wrestling season? Sadly have heard nothing about Thomas since Football.

Thomas is still an athlete at Elder? Don’t think he wrestled one time this season. He injured for the entire wrestling season? Sadly have heard nothing about Thomas since Football.

Not sure, I think he will be a Senior in the Fall?

Didnt know he was injured.

My guess is he’s focusing on football.

During the Baseball Broadcast, the Announcers said “Kammerer might be the fastest kid at Elder.” I’m not sure how accurate that is, but if he’s any close to as fast as Ramsey, that could be a big boost for the Secondary. A Secondary with Kammerer & Flowers at Safety with Thomas & Southerland at Corner is a decently fast Secondary.

During the Baseball Broadcast, the Announcers said “Kammerer might be the fastest kid at Elder.” I’m not sure how accurate that is, but if he’s any close to as fast as Ramsey, that could be a big boost for the Secondary. A Secondary with Kammerer & Flowers at Safety with Thomas & Southerland at Corner is a decently fast Secondary.

Thomas still an eligible student athlete?

Thomas was injured and did not wrestle this past season. If the db's are Flowers, Kammerer, Thomas... They will be pretty solid there.

I'm not 100% sure Flowers doesn't end up back at RB?

Thomas was injured and did not wrestle this past season. If the db's are Flowers, Kammerer, Thomas... They will be pretty solid there.

I'm not 100% sure Flowers doesn't end up back at RB?
I’d think Summers would be the first option at RB, or they use Ramsey in more of a traditional RB role.

I’d think Summers would be the first option at RB, or they use Ramsey in more of a traditional RB role.

You also have a sophomore next season Meier that can play RB very well. They have options. Depth will be key with this schedule.

Top 22 Class of '22

22. Chase Brown, defensive end, Moeller - At 6-foot-3 and 220 pounds, Brown had 12 tackles and 2.5 sacks for the Crusaders. Brown is considered a "sleeper" by some with Akron being among the early schools showing interest.

21. Grant Lyons, linebacker, St. Xavier - The 6-foot-3, 230-pound outside linebacker has offers from Air Force, Army and Ball State. He had 54 tackles and led the GCL-South in sacks with six.

20. Paul Haywood, offensive line, La Salle - The 6-foot-4, 315-pound guard has offers from Akron and Dartmouth.

19. Ken Willis, cornerback, Colerain - Willis is a 5-foot-11, 160-pound defensive back for the Cardinals. He had 31 tackles this past season and 20 as a sophomore. He's been offered by Miami University, Eastern Kentucky, Toledo and Akron.

18. Drew Ramsey, athlete, Elder - The 6-foot-1, 200 pound Ramsey has been a quarterback, receiver, running back, defensive back and punter at Elder. He's been offered by the Miami RedHawks and Toledo. He had 55 catches for 762 yards and eight scores as a junior and ran for 721 yards and 14 touchdowns. He completed 7-of-10 passes for 120 yards and a touchdown.

17. Brandon White, wide receiver, Moeller - The 5-foot-8, 160-pound speedster was injured much of 2020 but had three catches for 94 yards in Moeller's opening win over Bishop Hartley. He had 17 catches for 272 yards and three scores as a sophomore. Akron has offered White with Wisconsin Purdue, Army, Toledo, Temple,and Cincinnati showing interest.

16. Brogan McCaughey, quarterback, St. Xavier - The 6-foot-2, 203-pound McCaughey led the Bombers to the Division I state title in his first season as a varsity starter. Along the way, he was named first-team All-Ohio by both the coaches and media. He threw for 2,708 yards and 28 touchdowns despite missing 2.5 games due to injury. He threw for a school-record 556 yards against Cleveland St. Ignatius Oct. 3. Miami University, Akron, Eastern Kentucky, Toledo, Yale, Ohio University, Bowling Green, Eastern Michigan, Buffalo, Tulane, Columbia and Kent State have offered. McCaughey is one of three local invites to the Elite 11 regional quarterback competition that will be in Indianapolis in May.

15. Max Klare, tight end, St. Xavier - The 6-foot-4, 225-pound Klare switched from quarterback and has offers from Air Force, Ball State, Bowling Green, Duke and Eastern Kentucky. He had seven catches for 123 yards and a touchdown late in the season after being injured in the early portion of St. Xavier's championship season.

14. Kendrix Goodman, offensive lineman, Fairfield - The 6-foot-4, 320-pound guard was Second-Team Greater Miami Conference for the Indians. Army signee Jaydan Mayes ran for 1,043 yards behind the Fairfield line that included Goodman. Kentucky, Ball State and Pitt have offered.

13. Rodney Harris II, wide receiver, Princeton - The 6-foot-3, 195-pound receiver was voted first-team All-Ohio by coaches and was second team by the media. He had 22 catches for 330 yards and four touchdowns. His offers include Cincinnati, Miami University, Indiana, Toledo, Eastern Kentucky, Ball State and Pitt.

12. Brian Parker, offensive lineman, St. Xavier - At 6-foot-5 and 275 pounds, Parker was first-team All-Ohio by coaches and media. Cincinnati, Liberty, Pitt, Eastern Kentucky, Tulane, Air Force, Ball State, Marshall, Louisville and the Miami RedHawks are among Parker's offers.

11. Josh Kattus, tight end, Moeller - The 6-foot-4, 245-pound big receiver was First Team All-Ohio by both coaches and media. He had 23 receptions for 288 yards and four scores for the Crusaders. Kattus is the son of former Michigan and Cincinnati Bengal tight end Eric Kattus and has an array of offers. In addition to the Wolverines, Cincinnati, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Illinois, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Miami University, Kent State, Princeton, Arkansas, Bowling Green, Ohio University, Eastern Michigan, Penn and Pitt have offered.

10. Cameron Collins, offensive lineman, St. Xavier - The 6-foot-4, 260-pound guard was first-team Greater Catholic League-South for the 2020 Division I champions. His offers include Louisville, West Virginia, Akron, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, Eastern Kentucky, Air Force, East Carolina and Toledo.

9. Ashton Craig, offensive tackle, Lawrenceburg - At 6-foot-5 and 250 pounds, Craig has picked up offers from numerous schools including the Miami RedHawks, Boston College, Duke, Wake Forest, Cincinnati, Baylor, Indiana, Northwestern, Bowling Green, Western Michigan, Yale, Tulane, Penn, Nebraska and Purdue,

8. Mekhi Lynn, quarterback, Princeton -The 6-foot-2, 180-pound signal-caller was first-team All-Ohio by the media and second team by coaches. He threw for 1,429 yards and 17 scores and ran for 358 and six touchdowns. Cincinnati, Indiana, Miami University, Ball State, Eastern Kentucky and Toledo have offered.

7. Kaleb Johnson, running back, Hamilton - The 6-foot-1, 200-pound running back had 789 yards rushing in the same backfield with senior Keyshawn Stephens who had 1,115 as a first-team All-Ohio selection. Johnson was Honorable-Mention All-State. He ran for 878 yards as a sophomore. Johnson's offers include Cincinnati, Kentucky, Iowa State, the Miami RedHawks, Michigan State, Liberty, Buffalo, Western Michigan, Toledo, Kent State, California, Iowa and Pitt.

6. Charlie Kenrich, athlete, Lakota East - Kenrich is 6-foot-4 and 220 pounds and was versatile for coach Rick Haynes rushing for 245 yards out of the triple option and catching 13 passes for 290 yards. He also played linebacker and punted. His offers include Iowa State, Michigan State, Purdue and Navy.

5. Brody Foley, tight end, Anderson - At 6-foot-6 and 230 pounds, Foley was voted All-Ohio first-team Division II as a defensive lineman by media and Second Team at tight end by coaches. Cincinnati, Indiana, Louisville, West Virginia, Kentucky, Illinois, Nebraska, Purdue, Rutgers, Wisconsin and Pitt are among Foley's offers.

4. Alex Afari, defensive back, Lakota West - The 6-foot-3, 200-pound Afari was also first-team All-Ohio according to coaches and media as a junior. Cincinnati, Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Michigan State, Pitt, Virginia, West Virginia Boston College, Buffalo, Indiana, Bowling Green, Toledo, Miami University, Virginia and Washington State are included in Afari's offers.

3. Gi'Bran Payne, running back, La Salle - Payne is a 5-foot-10, 190-pound back who had injury issues in 2020 after playing a core role in La Salle's 2019 Division II state championship run. He was limited to 235 rushing yards and five scores with 181 receiving yards and three more touchdowns, mainly in La Salle's three opening games. As a sophomore, he ran for 790 yards, including 129 in the state title game. He also had 41 tackles, three forced fumbles and an interception as a linebacker. Payne had a who's who list of offers and recently announced his Top 5: Alabama, Florida, Notre Dame, Penn State and Northwestern.

2. Tegra Tshabola, offensive lineman, Lakota West - Tshabola is a 6-foot-6, 300-pound tackle who was also first-team All-Ohio in voting by the coaches and media. Tshabola joins Brown as an Ohio State commit.

1. Jyaire Brown, defensive back, Lakota West - The 6-foot, 175-pounder was first-team All-State by both the media and the Southwest Ohio Football Coaches Association. Brown is committed to Ohio State but was recently offered by Notre Dame.

16. Brogan McCaughey, quarterback, St. Xavier - The 6-foot-2, 203-pound McCaughey led the Bombers to the Division I state title in his first season as a varsity starter. Along the way, he was named first-team All-Ohio by both the coaches and media. He threw for 2,708 yards and 28 touchdowns despite missing 2.5 games due to injury. He threw for a school-record 556 yards against Cleveland St. Ignatius Oct. 3. Miami University, Akron, Eastern Kentucky, Toledo, Yale, Ohio University, Bowling Green, Eastern Michigan, Buffalo, Tulane, Columbia and Kent State have offered. McCaughey is one of three local invites to the Elite 11 regional quarterback competition that will be in Indianapolis in May.

Ben Hambleton was also invited to the Elite 11 in Indy.

Ben Hambleton was also invited to the Elite 11 in Indy.

Hambleton has all the physical tools to put up even better numbers this yr. He just needs to work on the mental aspects of playing QB. It looked like he got rattled at times and rushed throws/ threw into dbl/triple cvg.

Hambleton has all the physical tools to put up even better numbers this yr. He just needs to work on the mental aspects of playing QB. It looked like he got rattled at times and rushed throws/ threw into dbl/triple cvg.

I don't know if he has any offers yet, but I know Akron and UC have expressed interest.

I don't know if he has any offers yet, but I know Akron and UC have expressed interest.
I think he’ll end up with MAC & Ivy League offers. Schoster has even more potential to be a D1 QB. I hope he gets to these Summer Camps.

Last edited:
I’m also interested to see what they do with Reuter. I can’t imagine they’ll have him be a backup QB. He’s too good of a talent to not see the field somewhere.

I’m also interested to see what they do with Reuter. I can’t imagine they’ll have him be a backup QB. He’s too good of a talent to not see the field somewhere.
Is that kid for sure ar Elder next year or did he just transfer this year for in person classes?

Is that kid for sure ar Elder next year or did he just transfer this year for in person classes?
No idea, but hard to imagine any family would spend 6 K for 4 months of in person learning just to go back to the public option. That’s a lot of $ to sink even if you make a really good living.

However, I’ve heard this maybe moot bc (w/o going into details) he was hurt playing Lax and that could hinder his chances of playing Football.

Reuter transferred and is taking in person classes. He got hurt playing lax, but his recovery seems to be going by nicely. I can see Ramsey using him and Schoster quite well, with Reuter probably taking the QB role his senior year and Schoster being used as an offensive weapon.

Reuter transferred and is taking in person classes. He got hurt playing lax, but his recovery seems to be going by nicely. I can see Ramsey using him and Schoster quite well, with Reuter probably taking the QB role his senior year and Schoster being used as an offensive weapon.
Schoster is a legitimate D1 QB prospect. I don’t think there’s anyway he isn’t the starter next yr.