2021 Cleveland Browns Thread

The funny thing was listening to Collinsworth's praise of Jackson even as he threw FOUR freaking INT's. He kept acting like Cleveland's D was in disarray because Jackson is an impossible to solve Rubiks Cube (his words not mine). What the hell Chris, all Cleveland's D did was hold the Ravens to 16 points in their building, intercept Jackson 4 times and hold him to well under 100 yards rushing. It was a masterful performance by the Brown's D. And that is what Collinsworth should have been praising.
One of the reasons why I prefer the Red Zone channel and the ManningCast when available is not listening to the in game announcers and analysis.

Unfortunately, there isnt an option on SNF altho I do like that crew.

Game announcers are tough to listen to anymore, mostly because there is only so many things ya can say and after years of watching you hear it all over and over again.

Collinsworth is awful. The dude lives in a permanent 2006 where obviously Ravens = good. Ergo, Lamar = generational talent. His brain broke during the CLE/PIT playoff game last year. And I'm saying this as someone who likes Lamar.

Collinsworth is awful. The dude lives in a permanent 2006 where obviously Ravens = good. Ergo, Lamar = generational talent. His brain broke during the CLE/PIT playoff game last year. And I'm saying this as someone who likes Lamar.
Collinsworth makes me not want to watch some of these SNF games. If you watch the SNF pregame, you get a double helping since his son sounds exactly like him. Yuck! Wouldn't mind seeing Brees slide into the color analyst role on that broadcast. He was easy on the ears when he did the game on Thurs. night.

I like Jackson to. His games are always fun and interesting. He can go from terrible to great in one series. But Collinsworth was pushing a Jackson narrative last night that was nauseating. No matter the results on the field Collinsworth was going to focus on Lamar's special skill set. The reality though is that throwing FOUR INT's in one game is a special level of bad in the NFL.

Collinsworth makes me not want to watch some of these SNF games. If you watch the SNF pregame, you get a double helping since his son sounds exactly like him. Yuck! Wouldn't mind seeing Brees slide into the color analyst role on that broadcast. He was easy on the ears when he did the game on Thurs. night.
I’d love to listen to the Browns radio crew with the sound on the TV muted, but the delay makes it impossible.

The funny thing was listening to Collinsworth's praise of Jackson even as he threw FOUR freaking INT's. He kept acting like Cleveland's D was in disarray because Jackson is an impossible to solve Rubiks Cube (his words not mine). What the hell Chris, all Cleveland's D did was hold the Ravens to 16 points in their building, intercept Jackson 4 times and hold him to well under 100 yards rushing. It was a masterful performance by the Brown's D. And that is what Collinsworth should have been praising.
The one TD the Ravens managed was a fluke throw up a prayer pass. Picked off 4 times.

The national media gets on their knees for Jackson and hes done nothing to justify it.

Do the Browns win this game if Keenum is QB? I was a Mayfield fan. But i just dont know....
Heck for all we know they might've gotten blown out if Keenum was in. Something is very amiss in the locker room/front office because it's not like Case is a threat to take the job.

But the Ravens won over cleveland!!
Yes … and to the winners are the spoils … but the taking heads are such prisoners of the moment … one week teamQ is the greatest team in NFL history … they lose the next week and all they talk about is what is wrong with teamQ … for example, because the Ravens won last night, they all but forget that Jackson threw 4 interceptions … had the Browns found away to score a TD on their last drive and the narrative would have been how the Browns have showed the formula to render Jackson useless … even though the difference in those two scenarios had nothing to do with Jackson.

In reality … the NFL is a tough league … where most(many) games are just a few plays switched and the winners turn into losers … the Browns have lost 4 one score games … if they had found a way to win just one or two of those games … the narrative would be all about how tough Baker is and what a leader he is … the Browns can fix this … just win the next couple games.

Do the Browns win this game if Keenum is QB? I was a Mayfield fan. But i just dont know....
Mayfield needs to be healthy. He isn’t. He sucks when he’s hurt.
Coaches who play a hurt player, when they know they suck when they’re hurt, shouldn’t be coaching.

Zero running game. Big pass rush. WRs can not get separation. Untimely penalties. The real question is "do the Browns win the game if Mahomes or Rodgers is QB?" I'm not sure.

Not absolving Mayfield, he was not good also, but it was a total team failure on offense.

Mayfield was not good, but he really only made one mistake (the Garo Yepremian-like fumble). Unfortunately, that one cost them a likely FG, which would have been 3 points they desperately needed.

I'm not convinced that Keenum would have made any difference, though. And until a realistic alternative to Baker is available, he's the starter for the team. Everyone wants to dump him, but it's not like there's this surplus of starting NFL QBs out there right now.

Mayfield is obviously and admittedly hurt. Anyone who has ever thrown a ball understands that part of the physical act of throwing is engaging and raising the opposite arm. With the mess Mayfield's left shoulder is it has to hurt every time he throws and it is clearly impacting his throwing. The other nicks and scrapes don't help.

When healthy, Mayfield is a slightly better than average QB. As he is now, he's a bottom 6 or 8 QB. Also, his injuries and the limitations caused by the are preventing Stefanski from utilizing him effectively by putting him on the move and getting him outside of the pocket. Sit him down. They have an equal chance of winning with Keenum at this point and regardless the chances of making the playoffs are damn slim at this point so at worst you're moving up in the draft.

The draft is a poor one for QB talent. Rodgers, Wilson, Watson...none of them are coming to Cleveland. Nothing else available is going to be much better than a healthy Mayfield. Sit him down and let him heal for next year where he will get his last chance to prove he's your guy.

Mayfield is a small man in a BIG man's business plus his injuries are just starting,he'll be worth nothing sooner than later.

It seems like Andrew Berry was propping up Stefanski and throwing Mayfield under the bus at the same time when he said Baker’s health is good enough for him to play at a game winning level. Doesn’t sound at all like a GM who is married to his QB.

IDK why they didn't shelve him for a month. It's not like Keenum's a bum
He beat Denver and probably would've beaten Detroit, so we'd be exactly where we are anyway. Didn't Baker get extra screwed up in the Pats game? You'd definitely think Keenum's on the roster for several million for a reason.

The Steelers showed how to neutralize Jackson : pressure, pressure, pressure from everywhere. I expect another close game, with the Browns' offense once again being impotent. I hope I'm wrong about the offense.

5 games left, all opponents .500 or better, all fighting for playoffs. Not an easy road.

Best case, probably a 4-1 finish. I just don't see the Browns winning in Green Bay. Certainly the other games are winnable if the Browns play solid ball. Minimize penalties and turnovers, stop the run.

Worst case, I'd rather not think about.

5 games left, all opponents .500 or better, all fighting for playoffs. Not an easy road.

Best case, probably a 4-1 finish. I just don't see the Browns winning in Green Bay. Certainly the other games are winnable if the Browns play solid ball. Minimize penalties and turnovers, stop the run.

Worst case, I'd rather not think about.
Win out, they are in the playoffs.

4-1, 50/50 shot at the playoffs.

Most likely neither will happen.