2021 Bishop Sycamore Centurions

brianwr112

Well-known member
That’s a significantly improved roster from previous seasons. I’m legitimately surprised their plan seems to be working. Getting recruits from across the country, scheduling big games, etc.
How is it improved? Just added a bunch of guys from all over country who didn’t get looks or offers and have exhausted their eligibility. Do they have an actual building yet?
 

Redhawk85

Active member
That’s a significantly improved roster from previous seasons. I’m legitimately surprised their plan seems to be working. Getting recruits from across the country, scheduling big games, etc.

I agree the roster is improved, but disagree their plan is working. They never got many players from Columbus except those that were ineligible at their own schools. The first year a lot of the players were from New York, next year it was Cincinnati, last year it was Detroit. This year it's Cleveland, and California where football was a clusterflop last season, plus a few Southeast guys that were previously scammed by another non-existent school called USA Academy.
 

hammer89

Well-known member
Wouldn't "working" actually include some actual education?
That would assume their plan was to provide an education. It is not. Their plan is to recruit athletes regardless of actual eligibility/ethics, play huge opponents, and eventually get kids in D1 scholarships.
 

Just.here

Well-known member
My biggest problem with all of this is that they want to operate like a post grad team but still play high school teams. You want to be a post grad option for kids like Spire does? Great. Do that and play those teams. Don’t be a post grad option, and still play high schools like you’re one of them.
 

cjb56

Well-known member
I would have liked to see IMG vs Hoban last year. I can’t imagine a stronger team than last years Knights.

I understand they had some closer scores to but when they played against Massillon and Ed’s they were absolutely dominate.
I thought the 2017 version was their best all around team, followed by 2018. They were strong last year too, but I thought the 2017 team in particular had more studs.
 

Lost Octopus

Active member
Have to go 2018, never challenged between Week 1 and Week 15. Beat Ignatius and didn't win by less than 14 points all year. Schedule has been upgraded quite a bit now compared to just a couple of years ago. Will be interesting to see how a lot of young players do in Week 1 against Bishop Sycamore.
 

brianwr112

Well-known member
That would assume their plan was to provide an education. It is not. Their plan is to recruit athletes regardless of actual eligibility/ethics, play huge opponents, and eventually get kids in D1 scholarships.
They probably going to need the education part to be eligible for college football. Their current model wouldn‘t even allow the best high school player in the country the ability to play at the next level.
 
  • Like
Reactions: y2h

tom 48

Well-known member
They probably going to need the education part to be eligible for college football. Their current model wouldn‘t even allow the best high school player in the country the ability to play at the next level.

Haven't all of the players already graduated? Looking at the roster, everyone is either '20 or'21. Of course, that doesn't mean they have qualified for college admission.
 

hammer89

Well-known member
They probably going to need the education part to be eligible for college football. Their current model wouldn‘t even allow the best high school player in the country the ability to play at the next level.
If they’ve already graduated high school (with the necessary grades and all), I think they’d be in the clear for the NCAA. Taking a year off to play for a club team, essentially, before going to the NCAA wouldn’t be against any rules.
 

Lost Octopus

Active member
That's certainly the case....I mean you think they are getting Rhodes Scholars?? 5% with a chance and 95% delusional with no higher education in their future.
 

eaglepride

Well-known member
They have allowed it in the past. It’s not like JJ. Besides, I gave an option to find out more. C’mon are we really this up tight!
 

nupanther

Well-known member
Four weeks until kickoff against Hoban. There's been some turnover on the roster since Spring but here's the latest for Bishop Sycamore.

Kyler Johnson WR Cartersville High School '21 (GA)
Armond Scott WR Euclid High School '21
Trilian Harris QB Eisenhower High School '21 (CA)
Jaylen Norwood WR La Salle High School '21
Adrian Brown CB Pahokee High School '20 (FL)
Chamor Price WR Gateway High School '21 (PA)
Jailen Knight QB Perry Hall High School '21 (MD)
Joshua Lorick WR Adelanto High School '21 (CA)
Justin McCullah WR Hamilton High School '21
Malkolm Wright DT Marietta High School '20 (GA)
Teldrin Foster CB Pahokee High School '21 (FL)
Justin Daniel OT South Paulding High School '20 (GA)
Trey Henley DE Pahokee High School '21 (FL)
Kyle Miller WR Warren High School '21 (CA)
Javan Peterson DE Bishop Sycamore High School '21
Elijah Montgomery RB Columbus West High School '20
Richard Sweeney WR Orange Vista High School '21 (CA)
Jeremy Naborne WR Centennial High School '21 (CA)
JJ Baughman K St. Francis DeSales High School '21
Jaylen Morris DB Euclid High School '21
Greg Sullivan-Crockett OT Columbus East High School '20
Duane Glanton FS Pickerington North High School '21
Brandon Johnson FS Benedictine High School '21
Devante Jackson WR Lorain High School '21
Andrew Price WR Whitehall Yearling High School '21
Jordell Smith SS Lakota East High School '21
Jonah Sellers DE Rancho Verde High School '20 (CA)
Travis Budd RB Archbishop Curley High School '22 (MD)
Myles Byrd DB Benedictine High School '21
Gary Merrill LB Benedictine High School '21
Jovonte Floyd DE Benedictine High School '21
Tyrell Davis WR Moeller High School '21
Sincere Thomas WR Harry Truman High School '21 (PA)
Charlie Pollard DB Cy-Fair High School '21 (TX)
Andre Tillman DE Euclid High School '21
Devare Mathis RB West Seneca East High School '21 (NY)
Daquan Simmons WR Columbus South High School '21
Makai Williams DB Lawndale High School '21 (CA)
This is an uneven roster. I count 2 QBs,3 RBs, 8 total lineman and 14 WRs.
Anybody know the position breakdown from last season?
 

Lost Octopus

Active member
I believe they were thin in the trenches last year and they had that 250# QB/LB. They certainly have some athletic and "experienced" skill position players. Game in Akron 8/19 seems to be a go.
 
.
Top