2021-2022 Ohio State Basketball

Sounds like after his visit to OSU, Miami upped their NIL package for Pack upwards of $500k. Seems likely he takes his talents to Coral Gables.
Miami got him 800k and a car (I'm guessing fairly high-end) for two years.

Hurricanes also got the twins from Fresno State that have a social media following in the 4-5 million range a few days ago for women's basketball. Miami is making major NIL investment.

As things stand, I'm guessing starters probably look like Thornton, McNeil, Holden, Sueing, and Key. Brown, Towns if he can play and feshmen potpourri off the bench.

Backup PG is a glaring hole besides needing a bigger body under the basket. Right now Sueing probably gets all of his minutes as a stretch 4 and as the backup PG.

I would surely think they need some experience at PG.
I thought so too, but I’m guessing Sueing will play a good bit of point forward like he did in 2020-21. And it sounds like McNeill will handle the ball some too.

It’s weird though, yesterday Adam Jardy, seemingly the only person covering OSU hoops, said they would only go after a big. But then yesterday reports of them reaching out to a few PGs popped up. Jardy then comes out and says any PG interest was prior to McNeils commitment and the last spot will go to a big. If that’s the case, why were they reaching out to PGs yesterday? I guess we’ll see soon enough.

Fingers crossed that at 1pm Branham says he is coming back for another year. But I doubt it...
It's always mind-boggling to me why you would hold a press conference at the Schott to say you're announcing for the Draft - especially as a Freshman. Who knows though, as maybe he's following Holtmann's lead.

End result is what I think everyone expected, although it's kind of odd he had a press conference to confirm he's staying in the draft.

At least by getting it out of the way, he's helping out the program by officially freeing up a scholarship so that they can accept another transfer player.

Just hope he gets his degree or invests his money wisely.
I'm not a big John Calipari fan but I once heard him talking about the kids making the jump. He told about when he was at Memphis State Dajuan Wagner and his parents came to him and had decided that he was going to come back to Memphis. Calipari had it on good authority that the Cavs and John Lucas would select Wagner early in the 1st if he was in the draft. Calipari told them he would tear up his scholarship rather than allow him to come back to persuade them to go take the money and he Calipari learned his lesson about how important that could be when Wagner had the health issues that forced him out of the league. The lesson is take the money when it's there as you never know what may happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone by the time the Cavs are on the clock. I expect him to keep rising up the draft boards due to the combination of his age, length, back half of the season performance, and efficient analytical stats. He checks a lot of boxes when trying to gauge upside/potential.

He gone don't need malaki on the team.
Such a dope. The kid averaged 17 a game after January 1, won Big Ten Freshman of the Year, and NBA Scouts love his game. If he improves his 3-point shooting, he will be an NBA AllStar, but you think the Buckeyes couldn't use him. SMH.

It's always mind-boggling to me why you would hold a press conference at the Schott to say you're announcing for the Draft - especially as a Freshman. Who knows though, as maybe he's following Holtmann's lead.
Recruiting. Shows Holtmann can get one and done type kids to the NBA and will support them through the process vs. trying to convenience them to stay to help the following year.

Keion Brooks (Kentucky) now in the portal. Obviously would prefer a 6'10+ post player, but if that's not doable they could certainly do worse than adding an athletic 6'7 kid with a 7'1 wingspan that started every game for UK last year.

Product of Fort Wayne, Indiana. I would expect a ton of Big Ten/regional power interest and wouldn't be surprised if he gets some interest from some of the other blue blood schools.

Well that isn’t what I expected. Don’t think I’ve heard of his name once. Ohio State lands Oklahoma State transfer guard Isaac Likekele. Started in 110 of the 114 games he has played for Oklahoma State over the last 4 years averaging 31.3 mpg, shooting 46% from the field, 27.9% from 3 (18% last year, oof). 5.5 rpg, 3.9 apg, 1.4 spg and 8.9 ppg. Would have liked to see a 4/5, but the Buckeyes also needed an actual PG outside Thornton - about as good of a pick up as you can ask for, especially at this point.

Received a commitment from Oklahoma State transfer Isaac Likekele. Not a player I had on my radar at all, but I've seen in a couple different places him ranked as a top 20-25 transfer player and as a bigger get than Holden and McNeil.

Not a good outside shooter or a player that I'd expect to light it up with his scoring, but he's a player that has a ton of versatility that can play and guard four positions. Kind of Draymond Green-esque and can be a more than capable plug in a few spots that'll prevent having others playing out of position. I would probably expect him to be the PG whenever Thornton is not on the floor.

Received a commitment from Oklahoma State transfer Isaac Likekele. Not a player I had on my radar at all, but I've seen in a couple different places him ranked as a top 20-25 transfer player and as a bigger get than Holden and McNeil.

Not a good outside shooter or a player that I'd expect to light it up with his scoring, but he's a player that has a ton of versatility that can play and guard four positions. Kind of Draymond Green-esque and can be a more than capable plug in a few spots that'll prevent having others playing out of position. I would probably expect him to be the PG whenever Thornton is not on the floor.
The versatility Holtmann can use with this roster will be very fun and interesting to watch over the course of next year.

So the roster next season looks almost set. 5 seniors (all via transfer), 2 juniors (Key and Brown), and 5 freshmen.

Another big man transfer would be welcome.