• 5-5

• 4-5

• 3-6

• 2-7

• 1-9

• 0-10

Results are only viewable after voting.

Raylan_Givens

I am openly not an Elvis fan, but for anyone close to the program - what's going on? VASJ schedule this year is really kinda nuts with so many good teams, but when you AD is the coach it begs the question "does he know what he's looking at?" When beating NDCL is the only thing between you & and winless season, it's not good. Not good at all.

C'Town216

I am openly not an Elvis fan, but for anyone close to the program - what's going on? VASJ schedule this year is really kinda nuts with so many good teams, but when you AD is the coach it begs the question "does he know what he's looking at?" When beating NDCL is the only thing between you & and winless season, it's not good. Not good at all.
Officially that everyone knows, Elvis gave up his AD role to focus on the MUSP (Marianist Urban Scholarship Program) at the school and coaching football. From my understanding hearing from someone close to the program, COVID put a wrench on how they run practice, with the lack of mini camps they would run before 2-a-days, and not allowed to hit in practice, it has stunt the development which hurts the younger players. On top of it. It doesn’t help they played a brutal schedule. Grant it, they played cupcake schedules since a bit after the Tom Schoen days, but honestly they did need to start playing these bigger schools to compete. The program still has a long way to go before they are back to competing with the better teams

C'Town216

Again this week....it must sting to be a VASJ fan. Lol.
Look, I get you don’t like Joes and are trolling based on one user that decided to poke fun towards Massillon. At this point we get your point. It’s bad enough we have BrushArc trolling on the basketball thread. Good luck the rest of the season.

Raylan_Givens

Officially that everyone knows, Elvis gave up his AD role to focus on the MUSP (Marianist Urban Scholarship Program) at the school and coaching football. From my understanding hearing from someone close to the program, COVID put a wrench on how they run practice, with the lack of mini camps they would run before 2-a-days, and not allowed to hit in practice, it has stunt the development which hurts the younger players. On top of it. It doesn’t help they played a brutal schedule. Grant it, they played cupcake schedules since a bit after the Tom Schoen days, but honestly they did need to start playing these bigger schools to compete. The program still has a long way to go before they are back to competing with the better teams
Thanks for clearing up the AD part. That said, VASJ has nothing on their plate that every other school that is allowed to play has had to deal with COVID-wise.

Elvis went 6-4 as a brand new coach with a young roster that Sowers put together (and got fired for not winning enough). Those kids mentioned in the below article would be juniors & seniors now and in the 2nd year under him.

Would be very difficult for anyone to make "progress" in a year like this, but to go from 6-4 and just out of the playoffs to a winless season has got to be hard to swallow.

C'Town216

Thanks for clearing up the AD part. That said, VASJ has nothing on their plate that every other school that is allowed to play has had to deal with COVID-wise.

Elvis went 6-4 as a brand new coach with a young roster that Sowers put together (and got fired for not winning enough). Those kids mentioned in the below article would be juniors & seniors now and in the 2nd year under him.

Would be very difficult for anyone to make "progress" in a year like this, but to go from 6-4 and just out of the playoffs to a winless season has got to be hard to swallow.

No problem, you would think that they would show more improvements, considering they beat a good US team last year but beat up on a lot of the cupcake teams they played. I know the line has struggled in years past considering many being undersized. In addition, I guess a bunch of key players were injured or went elsewhere would be my best guess that may factor into things. A lot of the fan base was confused with how this season wentZ We weren’t expecting to beat every team but to be at least competitive. So I really have no idea what happened.

C'Town216

Well the regular season is over with and let’s say it was a very forgettable one between Covid, and the fact the Vikes finished at 0-6 and will take on Fairless next Friday in the 1st round of the playoffs in Region 13. Hopefully this season will be taken as a learning experience and still shows that the Vikings still have a long way to go before competing with the big boys. Although they have to learn quick as they will be facing those same 5 schools next season. Time will tell, hopefully we see improvement come next fall but the only way to go is to go up. Hopefully these kids take this season to hart and work their @$$’s off during the offseason to get better, because clearly they were overmatched.

the123kidz

Well the regular season is over with and let’s say it was a very forgettable one between Covid, and the fact the Vikes finished at 0-6 and will take on Fairless next Friday in the 1st round of the playoffs in Region 13. Hopefully this season will be taken as a learning experience and still shows that the Vikings still have a long way to go before competing with the big boys. Although they have to learn quick as they will be facing those same 5 schools next season. Time will tell, hopefully we see improvement come next fall but the only way to go is to go up. Hopefully these kids take this season to hart and work their @$$’s off during the offseason to get better, because clearly they were overmatched.
Don't write of VASJ just yet, Fairless is very beatable. You literally have huge speed advantage and a much better QB. Fairless lost to a terrible Manchester team. This game is very winnable for VASJ.

C'Town216

Don't write of VASJ just yet, Fairless is very beatable. You literally have huge speed advantage and a much better QB. Fairless lost to a terrible Manchester team. This game is very winnable for VASJ.
We shall see, if the Vikes beat Fairless, this would be their first playoff victory in 17 years. With the last win coming in the State Semi Finals beating Bellaire at Fawcett 21-14 in 2003

LNation

Can you really call a victory in the 1st round of this tournament a playoff win? On paper yes, but let’s be honest.......

C'Town216

End of 3

Fairless 17
VASJ 14

Update with 5:22 left in game, VASJ leads 21-17 with the ball near midfield

C'Town216

FINAL

VASJ 28
Fairless 17

VASJ not only wins their 1st game of the year but also wins their first playoff game since 2003 and will face Ursuline at the Igloo at Youngstown State next week.