2020 SWBL Final Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buckeye is still Waynesville, Milton, Shawnee or Madison
SW looks like Valley View and Bellbrook. Franklin is a sleeper. Bellbrook’s win over Waynesville was impressive. Total beat down.
Really interested to see if any posters from Bellbrook or Waynesville can give us insight to what actually went down there. Was it a perfect storm against Waynesville? Is Bellbrook THAT good? Gonna be an interesting time for sure

As far as VV,
- O line and D line arent as big as in years past
- QB Ben Owens has a stronger arm and is shifter than last years QB Cradlebaugh
- VV has 4-5 RB/Slot WR guys who can take it the distance from anywhere on the field
- real solid LB core
- coming into the season depth was an issue. Obviously that didn’t come up in the Oakwood game but week 3-4 will tell me if that’s still an issue
- overall this looks like another solid cog in the machine VV has been trying to build back up. In any normal year this team would fit the bill for a top 3 seed in D4R16 but with the uniqueness of the 2020 season who knows where they’ll start in the postseason.

Really interested to see if any posters from Bellbrook or Waynesville can give us insight to what actually went down there. Was it a perfect storm against Waynesville? Is Bellbrook THAT good? Gonna be an interesting time for sure
Waynesville guy here..... Bellbrook is THAT good. Very well coached! Props to them!!!! Running back #1 is a stud! Very very quick! Waynesvilles offense couldnt get anything started and that wore out their defense.

My impression from Week 1 is that both Bellbrook and Valley View are firing on all cylinders. I’m interested to see if Waynesville is down a little or how up Bellbrook might be. I also think Preble Shawnee and Eaton are definitely improved.

I’ll also throw out there that due to the circumstances, the humidity, etc., I noticed fatigue was a major factor in the games I watched online. All teams were cramping, hands on hips, etc. Just looked like a lot of teams aren’t in game shape yet.

I’m actually glad to see Shawnee successful. This might be their year to win the Buckeye. Waynesville is either not as good as advertised or Bellbrook is a monster.
Madison is up next for MU. How did they look?
Personally I think MU will win this game by two touchdowns, I believe MU will stop the wing T just fine I’ve seen better pee wee passing games then what Madison has, that’s how Shawnee beat them we played with 9 in the box and dared them to throw and they couldn’t.

Bellbrook controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The Golden Eagles Defensive front 7 are undersized but they are fast and swarm the ball. Borondy (#1) in my opinion is the best back/athlete in the SWBL. He has all the tools. He’s a threat rushing and receiving. This week will let us know how good we are. The big physical CATS come to town.

what happened to Waynesville?? thought they would be very good this year
Waynesville is better than they showed. They have some players. I’d question their depth though. My recommendation to their players is to be carful how much you talk in the weeks prior to a game. They ran into a team that was inspired for many reasons.

I still think Waynesville will have a great season. Sometimes those are wake-up games and I have a feeling MU will run into a team on a mission in WV.
This weeks big matchups are:
Madison @ Milton-Union
Franklin @Bellbrook
Valley View @ Monroe
Waynesville @ Shawnee

all of these games have a deciding factor in league and playoff rankings.

I still think Waynesville will have a great season. Sometimes those are wake-up games and I have a feeling MU will run into a team on a mission in WV.
This weeks big matchups are:
Madison @ Milton-Union
Franklin @Bellbrook
Valley View @ Monroe
Waynesville @ Shawnee

all of these games have a deciding factor in league and playoff rankings.
Shawnee is @ Waynesville!

I agree with the wake up! Hopefully that Milton Waynesville will be a good game!!

The Carlisle Indians defeated the Dixie Greyhounds. The Hounds moved the ball against the Indians, but had problems scoring in the loss. In the first half they probably won the time of possession and moved the ball well in between the 20's. But when they got close to a score they either coughed the ball up or their drive stalled...

Story and pics at: Chris Tilton Sports

2021 SWBL realignment for football
West
Brookville
Carlisle
Eaton
Madison
Valley View

East
Franklin
Monroe
Bellbrook
Oakwood
Waynesville

After watching the Bellbrook and Waynesville game on FOX45, it is apparent that the Waynesville defensive ends have never been taught how to keep contain and control the edge, good lord #1 for Bellbrook went untouched for 10 yards on every jet sweep, buck and toss

2021 SWBL realignment for football
West
Brookville
Carlisle
Eaton
Madison
Valley View

East
Franklin
Monroe
Bellbrook
Oakwood
Waynesville
I actually like this realignment and think it can work. To me it makes as much sense of any breakdown I've seen.

I still think VV and Waynesville should be switched. VV will win that side of the league on a regular basis with ease.

That was my first impression as well. For travel, I understand what they're doing. From a competition standpoint, maybe even a school size standpoint, I think VV and Waynesville should be switched.

I still think VV and Waynesville should be switched. VV will win that side of the league on a regular basis with ease.
I could see that but in terms of location, I think it makes sense where VV is at. If Waynesville/VV switched.... Waynesville to Eaton, or Waynesville to Brookville is 2 of the the furthest drives in the league. I do think that VV will win the other side pretty regularly. Brookville is usually competitive and Madison has it's moments. Eaton is getting better and I witnessed them play VV very close last year.

I could see that but in terms of location, I think it makes sense where VV is at. If Waynesville/VV switched.... Waynesville to Eaton, or Waynesville to Brookville is 2 of the the furthest drives in the league. I do think that VV will win the other side pretty regularly. Brookville is usually competitive and Madison has it's moments. Eaton is getting better and I witnessed them play VV very close last year.

I'm sure that's the reasoning. I've been told Waynesville isn't happy though. The size difference in that group is probably decent, right? I don't know that for a fact, but the size seems off.

Here are the Week 2 games:

Valley View @ Monroe
Franklin @ Bellbrook
Eaton @ Oakwood
Brookville @ Carlisle
Northridge @ Dixie
Madison @ Milton-Union
Waynesville @ Shawnee

My picks
Valley View 35, Monroe 14
Franklin 9, Bellbrook 28
Eaton 22, Oakwood 15
Brookville 35, Carlisle 7
Northridge 21, Dixie 14
Madison 25, Milton-Union 35
Waynesville 21, Shawnee 18

I'm sure that's the reasoning. I've been told Waynesville isn't happy though. The size difference in that group is probably decent, right? I don't know that for a fact, but the size seems off.
Isn’t Waynesville just as big as VV both D4 football D2 in basketball not seeing much different

My picks
Valley View 35, Monroe 14
Franklin 9, Bellbrook 28
Eaton 22, Oakwood 15
Brookville 35, Carlisle 7
Northridge 21, Dixie 14
Madison 25, Milton-Union 35
Waynesville 21, Shawnee 18
Picking against the Arrows again I see love the underdog role, and just because I seen Madison last week no way they put up 25 points on offense at least when they play a good team really don’t have a back that can take it the distance. Not really sure on MU team but if they are your average MU team Madison will be 0-2 which brings me to the guy on here saying Madison would be 6-0 or at least a easy 5-1 haven’t seen him comment since before last weeks games.

Valley View - 41
Monroe - 14

Franklin - 14
Bellbrook - 31

Eaton - 27
Oakwood - 7

Brookville - 28
Carlisle - 14

Northridge - 21
Dixie - 14

Madison - 8
Milton-Union - 28