2020 SWBL Final Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure you are sourcing the correct stats there chuckle head. But whatever. You live in your little liberal bubble.
Check the real numbers. Less than 1% death rate.

Last edited:
DB7E86E1-66FB-4775-8EDC-D33A1FDAA59F.jpeg

Number of deaths in the US from flu = avg 36,000
Number of deaths in the US from COVID = 140,888 and climbing

But I am sure that BlessEmAll is correct.
Or maybe Bless em all has a opinion just like you, not everyone has to agree with you. Anyways they have other threads for this, maybe you should take this to those threads, I’m getting sick of the I know everything crowd and everyone must believe everything I say.

Number of deaths in the US from flu = avg 36,000
Number of deaths in the US from COVID = 140,888 and climbing

But I am sure that BlessEmAll is correct.
I've never really gotten adding the word "climbing" to the number of covid deaths? Once a person dies of Covid they stay dead correct?

We dont expect to wake up to tomorrow and read Covid deaths at 140, 324 and falling.

I do think the encouraging thing is we originally were told to expect for something around 2 million deaths and we have far less than 10% of that number. Who comprises the Covid deaths is the most important aspect of the equation for me. High school age kids have almost zero deaths from Covid. We do have many suicides, cancer and accidental injury deaths in this age group.

Most likely November 4th will be the day the fear for our lives over this virus begins to dissipate. It will take time though for all the psychological effects to dissipate and more deaths from anxiety and depression should be expected.

Back to football. Will we have a season? Looks like Dewine is going to screw the pooch on this season.
I've been very optimistic this whole time that we would have a football season this year. Here we sit at the end of July, with 2 a day practices just around the corner, and I can honestly say that my opinion has shifted on this. I'm starting to fear that we won't have a season as normal. I'm not sure what will happen, but I'm no longer optimistic.

Not really Madison got busted for having full practices since the reopening seems like some big trouble headed Madison’s way and it ain’t covid.
lol They got shut down because the school that Dewine was shutting down football in his presser the following day. They immediately resumed a couple days later. Madison was following all protocols.

Not really Madison got busted for having full practices since the reopening seems like some big trouble headed Madison’s way and it ain’t covid.
Big Arrow, Shouldn't listen to rumors...Madison was never busted for anything, talking to guys at work they were doing what OHSAA allows.

This has been the perfect storm for my buddy, BEA. He's always loved to post about possible league re-alignment and we have plenty of that this season. It's hard to say which direction the WOAC or SWBL will be headed in the future, but I would agree that I doubt either is 100% done making changes. Although it will probably take a few years before either makes further changes.

In regards to fall sports and COVID, I think things will be very similar to what we see in professional sports. Some districts will proceed, some may not. It could be certain counties or schools that have to adjust on the fly. But if I have the choice of having say the NBA or NFL with hurdles, vs. none at all, I'll gladly take the hurdles. I think fall sports will be similar on the high school level. You might see a league play it's season but have a school such as Madison be unable to. Or a team that might have a player or cluster of players ill may have to adjust their season. It is what it is.

For the league itself, I think the Buckeye Division is extremely open. As mentioned, Carlisle and Dixie are looking at very poor seasons. Waynesville is probably the front runner in my opinion. I think MU is slightly behind Waynesville. Madison, Shawnee, and Northridge will be very similar teams. Overall in the Buckeye, I'm not sure you'll have a playoff team outside of possibly Waynesville. In the SW Division, I look to see Bellbrook, VV, and Franklin towards the top. Monroe, Eaton, and Oakwood at the bottom. Brookville right in the middle. I would like to say you have the potential for 2-4 playoff teams if things break correctly in the SW.

Last edited:
MU, with a normal season schedule, would make it this year with a win over Covington and Miami East. Waynesville is going to be good but they come to Milton this year. Madison is up in the air. Look out for Shawnee. i think the Buckeye sends 2.

MU, with a normal season schedule, would make it this year with a win over Covington and Miami East. Waynesville is going to be good but they come to Milton this year. Madison is up in the air. Look out for Shawnee. i think the Buckeye sends 2.
I think Milton and Waynesville get in. then I think Franklin and Valley View get in as well. Bellbrook maybe, but they're in a tougher region. Madison and Preble Shawnee are long shots in D5R20, although it is a weaker region.

If there is a season I believe there are three virtual locks for the playoffs (greater than 80%)
Waynesville, VV and Franklin

2 that are good shots (greater than 50% less than 80%)

MU and Bellbrook

3 that are wild cards (less than 50%)

Brookville, Madison, and PS

My playoff picks (kinda)
Franklin
winner of Bellbrook-VV
winner of Waynesville/MU
winner of Bellbrook/Waynesville
winner of VV/MU

that probably puts 4 in.

I know last year Bellbrook did this and finished #9, and MU lost to both VV and WV and was in at #8. Brookville and Madison are the spoilers. Winning over one of these teams might put them in in their place. I'll be interested to see Carlisle in year 2 of Clodfelter. He did it in Beavercreek and Bethel, not counting them out.

I agree Frankiln, Valley View, and Bellbrook will be the teams to beat. I also think that Eaton is the sleeper on the big school side. They only lost two starters to graduation. Granted they were pretty good players. I look for Eaton to have more numbers plus all of there returning starters. Things seem to be on the up and up for them. Fingers crossed for a season this year.

I agree Frankiln, Valley View, and Bellbrook will be the teams to beat. I also think that Eaton is the sleeper on the big school side. They only lost two starters to graduation. Granted they were pretty good players. I look for Eaton to have more numbers plus all of there returning starters. Things seem to be on the up and up for them. Fingers crossed for a season this year.
Eaton is a sleeping giant, one of those schools that should be able to put it together. Seems might be Turing that way.

Eaton's numbers have been so low the past few years. Really seems as though their program was heading in a poor direction. Glad to hear that might be changing.

Brookville is always the team to me that doesn't have a large following on here. But when they have a good team, they're capable of very nice seasons. Any word on them?

If there is a season I believe there are three virtual locks for the playoffs (greater than 80%)
Waynesville, VV and Franklin

2 that are good shots (greater than 50% less than 80%)

MU and Bellbrook

3 that are wild cards (less than 50%)

Brookville, Madison, and PS

As always, the non-league games will factor greatly in this conversation. When the league fairs well in the OOC, the league as a whole has the opportunity to fit more teams in the playoffs.

Week 1:
Greeneview @ Madison
Twin Valley South @ Dixie
Miami East @ Milton Union
Fairborn @ Oakwood
Northridge @ Bethel
Preble Shawnee @ Arcanum
Col. Bexley @ Waynesville
West Jefferson @ Carlisle
Brookville @ Tri-County North
Valley View @ Wilmington
Bethel-Tate @ Bellbrook
Monroe @ Talawanda
Greenville @ Eaton
Fenwick @ Franklin

Week 2:
Covington @ Milton Union
Mariemont @ Oakwood
Dixie @ Tri-Village
Northridge @ Bishop Fenwick
Preble Shawnee @ Twin Valley South
Waynesville @ Greeneview
Brookville @ Anna
Valley View @ Fort Recovery
Bellbrook @ Hamilton Badin
Eaton @ Springfield Shawnee

Week 3:
Troy Christian vs. Northridge
Blanchester @ Waynesville
Tecumseh @ Bellbrook
Eaton @ Talawanda

I went off of MaxPreps for the schedules. Clearly some of the schools haven't fully scheduled or they weren't reported on MaxPreps. I do find it interesting too where several teams play 3 OOC games instead of another crossover game.

week 3 is an OOC week for the league. Some leagues start play in week 3, which limits possibilities for SWBL schools. So that week 3 "crossover" game is really a scheduled OOC game where 2 SWBL schools chose each other. Oakwood/MU is an example (although in 2021 it will be a real OOC game!)

week 3 is an OOC week for the league. Some leagues start play in week 3, which limits possibilities for SWBL schools. So that week 3 "crossover" game is really a scheduled OOC game where 2 SWBL schools chose each other. Oakwood/MU is an example (although in 2021 it will be a real OOC game!)

I get that, we just generally see a lot of crossover games that week. I like the actually OOC games though. Nice to see some different match ups, potential for more computer points.

I think playoffs are really going to be interesting this year if we get to them. I have always said that some teams are so dominate in November in the small school level is just roster size. Teams with 25-35 kids are just to beat down come November vs. the schools that are in the 40-50 range (talking lower divisions here).

I hope but see it unlikely that we get 10 regular season games in, I think your going to see some schools not "known" to make runs in the playoffs.

A school like Northridge for example, could have a lot fresher legs come playoff time and make some noise.

More babbling,

Is fewer regular season games and everyone in the playoffs a better model anyways?

Lets say conf games only, everyone in playoffs, and run it like the basketball tournament?

SWBL Tournament Sites and Dates

Golf = Beechwood Golf Course = September 24, 2020
Girls Tennis = Thomas Cloud Park = September 29 and 30, 2020
Buckeye = September 29th / Southwestern = September 30th
JH Volleyball = Bellbrook Middle School = October 10th thru 17th, 2020
HS and JH Cross Country = Preble Shawnee = October 17, 2020
Swimming = Trotwood HS = February 6, 2021
JH Wrestling = Brookville = February 6, 2021
JH Boys Basketball = Madison = January 30th thru February 6th, 2021
JH Girls Basketball = Bellbrook Middle School = January 30th thru February 6th, 2021
HS and JH Cheerleading = Waynesville = February 13 2021
HS Wrestling = Waynesville = February 19th and 20th, 2021
Boys Tennis = Thomas Cloud Park = May 4 and 5, 2021
Buckeye = May 4th / Southwestern = May 5th
JH Track and Field = Milton Union = May 8, 2021
Track and Field = Preble Shawnee = May 13th and 15th, 2021

Based on the latest by our governor there won’t be a football season.
When will they realize teens are not at risk and most at risk will stay at home anyway?
let these kids play and enjoy their high school years.

Based on what I saw during baseball season, I didn't think there was any way that we wouldn't have fall sports. Simply seeing the number of games played, etc. I will say, not many guidelines were followed. But either way, I expected fall sports to proceed. In the past week though, we're starting to see more and more dominoes fall. Some of it is county based, school based, etc. I'm actually really concerned we get to the point where we either won't see a fall season, or it won't be worth competing in the fall to the teams/schools that still look to play. The logistics of it become difficult and finding the proper number of games will be very difficult.

SWBL Tournament Sites and Dates

Golf = Beechwood Golf Course = September 24, 2020
Girls Tennis = Thomas Cloud Park = September 29 and 30, 2020
Buckeye = September 29th / Southwestern = September 30th
JH Volleyball = Bellbrook Middle School = October 10th thru 17th, 2020
HS and JH Cross Country = Preble Shawnee = October 17, 2020
Swimming = Trotwood HS = February 6, 2021
JH Wrestling = Brookville = February 6, 2021
JH Boys Basketball = Madison = January 30th thru February 6th, 2021
JH Girls Basketball = Bellbrook Middle School = January 30th thru February 6th, 2021
HS and JH Cheerleading = Waynesville = February 13 2021
HS Wrestling = Waynesville = February 19th and 20th, 2021
Boys Tennis = Thomas Cloud Park = May 4 and 5, 2021
Buckeye = May 4th / Southwestern = May 5th
JH Track and Field = Milton Union = May 8, 2021
Track and Field = Preble Shawnee = May 13th and 15th, 2021

Oakwood could runaway with the all sports title if we get rid of contact sports. :)

Dixie not playing is really not a huge loss to the other schools. If Montgomery County schools shudder fall sports the SWBL will be forced to reschedule a lot of them.
Brookville, Northridge, Dixie, Valley View, Oakwood, will all shut down.
MU will lose almost half of its schedule of this plays out. Any word on other non-Montgomery county schools shuddering sports?
I think the rural schools still play and maybe play an adjusted schedule. Right now we have Dixie to replace.

Dixie not playing is really not a huge loss to the other schools. If Montgomery County schools shudder fall sports the SWBL will be forced to reschedule a lot of them.
Brookville, Northridge, Dixie, Valley View, Oakwood, will all shut down.
MU will lose almost half of its schedule of this plays out. Any word on other non-Montgomery county schools shuddering sports?
I think the rural schools still play and maybe play an adjusted schedule. Right now we have Dixie to replace.
I know Eaton and TVS started their 2 a days yesterday. Both school have 40+ players and both schools have a week 1 opening. With Greenville cancelling on Eaton and Dixie vs TVS supposed to be week 1. I would love a TVS vs Eaton week 1 match up but it’s probably too late for that to happen. It would be an easy win for Eaton but it would be fun to play with both schools being so close.

Status
Not open for further replies.