2020 State Tournament

SWOhioGuy

I saw that the 2020 State Tournament division breakdown by enrollment is now posted. I was trying to find a list of which schools are in which divisions with the competitive balance figures, but the attached link directs me to the 2019 list. Is the 2020 breakdown somewhere? And if so, could someone post a link?

Needs to be a fifth division and get the top 15 percent schools out like they do in football, in D1 you have Franklin with 347 boys and Mason with 1300, Badin is even worse have 241 and in division 1. Division 2 the gap is about 150, Division 3 75, and Division 4 is 100.

Or just throw out competitive balance because I don't think it has done much to help.

Needs to be a fifth division and get the top 15 percent schools out like they do in football, in D1 you have Franklin with 347 boys and Mason with 1300, Badin is even worse have 241 and in division 1. Division 2 the gap is about 150, Division 3 75, and Division 4 is 100.

Or just throw out competitive balance because I don't think it has done much to help.
Enrollment is not a as good of an indicator of competitiveness as it used to be. Four divisions, as it is now, is just fine.

small schools like Badin are at a distinct disadvantage competing against west, east, mason, x, moeller, elder, Ignatius, ed's, etc. so I respectfully disagree with the above expressed sentiment.

I'm thankful it's Thursday through Saturday again. Last year it just felt so weird with games Friday through Sunday.

It still bothers me that a team plays district games at there home field. I think it's a big advantage. MHO.
District or sectional? The last I knew, sectional games were at higher seed's field (like it is in basketball), but the district games are at neutral site. Unless that changed. (unless, of course, you're talking about if a school is in its own district, like Norwayne in DIII Creston district)

District or sectional? The last I knew, sectional games were at higher seed's field (like it is in basketball), but the district games are at neutral site. Unless that changed. (unless, of course, you're talking about if a school is in its own district, like Norwayne in DIII Creston district)
I was actually talking about Louisville hosting and in that district. I just dont think the host school should be in that district. Sectional I understsnd.

I was actually talking about Louisville hosting and in that district. I just dont think the host school should be in that district. Sectional I understsnd.

I agree, but it seems to be more and more common at least here in the NE. I'm sure schools are more willing to host when it involves their own team.

9 of 18 district sites are hosted by a team in the district. That's not counting Youngstown's Cene Park

D1 (5 of 6)
Massillon
Euclid
Hudson
Strongsville
Barberton

D2 (2 of 5)
Louisville
Gilmour

D3 (1 of 4)
Norwayne

D4 (1 of 3)
Fairport Harding

Last edited:
So little money in hosting these that I imagine it is very tough to get places to want to do so. PLus, many give up on their field for bit when they get beat out.

I don't think it is that big of an issue to be honest with you. The home/visitors is what drives advantage/disadvantage in my estimation

I have never heard of any team hosting their own tournament game in basketball...but I only know about NW Ohio...had no idea the State allowed this.