2020 State Champion PREDICTIONS

We are an independent. Everyone (Danville, East Knox, Loudonville, Crestline) that used to be in our conference left. We have applied to get into numerous other conferences and keep getting passed by. I really thought we had a shot at the KMAC, but they went with Loudonville. Apparently they didn't want the competition.
So is it true when youre an independent that if you dont pretty much go undefeated you dont make the playoffs?

So is it true when you're an independent that if you don't pretty much go undefeated you don't make the playoffs?
I don't know that to be true. Lucas has been in 6 straights years w/ the follow records as basically an independent (3 or less in conference). 2019 as a true independent.
2014: 6-4, #6 seed, R23
2015: 8-1, #3 seed, R24
2016: 7-3, #7 seed, R26
2017: 8-2, #4 seed, R27
2018: 8-2, #1 seed, R27
2019: 8-2, #2 seed, R25

I don't know that to be true. Lucas has been in 6 straights years w/ the follow records as basically an independent (3 or less in conference). 2019 as a true independent.
2014: 6-4, #6 seed, R23
2015: 8-1, #3 seed, R24
2016: 7-3, #7 seed, R26
2017: 8-2, #4 seed, R27
2018: 8-2, #1 seed, R27
2019: 8-2, #2 seed, R25
Oh dang thats proven wrong then

What college is your son [ dnis30 ] going to and for which sport? I saw in person he was a good QB and also read
where he was a good pitcher and am sure was a good basketball player as well.

What college is your son [ dnis30 ] going to and for which sport? I saw in person he was a good QB and also read
where he was a good pitcher and am sure was a good basketball player as well.
D2 Ashland. He got a D1 offer to Indiana State (baseball), and as recent as yesterday, got a call from Akron (baseball), but is going to Ashland to pursue his dream of playing football at the collegiate level.

Last edited:
Same old, same old, nothing much will change. The programs that have tradition and passion for winning, will win. looking like this season is in question. So let's do this in the spring.

So is it true when youre an independent that if you dont pretty much go undefeated you dont make the playoffs?
Not really but I think it makes it a bit tougher. First off, finding opponents all year has to be tough.

If you are not in a league, and given week your second level points could be garbage (or could be a bonanza) If you are in a league and are 8-0 in said 9 team league, each week 4 of those 8 league wins has to win. No way around it.

No league....there is not that guarentee. True, it could be better, but it could be A LOT worse....

Great point. Independents do not have this luxury.
and, as you well know, its another reason why OOC games are so important. Those OOC wins have the opportunity to push you into the playoffs.

A 10-0 Indy team vs a 10-0 team that is in a league.........

A 10-0 team in a league can max out only so high whereas a 10-0 indy team can max much higher, but how many points do you really need?

Also, a 10-0 indy team can just have terrible luck. A 10-0 team in a league can have bad luck, but it will only can be so bad.......

Is your stud RB still at Orville or did he transfer
? He’s truly a special talent.
To be honest, I am not sure of his intentions. If he stays, we could make another run at the playoffs. We will have to see. Maybe someone else has some more concrete answers on here they would be willing to share.