2020 State Champion PREDICTIONS

1. Pick Central (not supposed to miss a beat)
2. LaSalle (this this be the easiest pick. They will be better than last year. It won’t be close)
3. Alter (they lost nothing and return a ton of experience. Lots of D1 talent)
4. ??‍♂️ I would be guessing
5. Kirtland (because it’s what they do)
6. ??‍♂️ I would be guessing

Fort Loramie should have gotten the Flyers in the playoffs last year, but some questionable play calling by the SKINS HC, lost the game for them.... by the way give the DANG ball to the Mescher boy, and you win the game....
Fort Loramie definitely had the Flyers on the ropes last year. Marion Local is 35-0 against D7 teams but there have been a few close calls along the way. Fort Loramie in 2019, your Minster boys in 2018, and Covington in 2013 are three D7 teams MSML was fortunate to get the W against.

Fort Loramie should have gotten the Flyers in the playoffs last year, but some questionable play calling by the SKINS HC, lost the game for them.... by the way give the DANG ball to the Mescher boy, and you win the game....

Eh. Loramie was just as good as ML last year but I wouldn’t blame their loss on play calling. One of their scores came after an ML fumble deep in FL territory and one other came on a bomb. It’s not like ‘the Mescher boy’ dominated on offense, as good as he was.

Ironton and Kirtland is a great matchup. it’s hard to beat a team two years in a row- so with that i’ll take Ironton. i have never seen a more physical team play in person than Ironton.
Watched Ironton twice in playoffs & once in regular season. Would have totally agreed with you to that point.
Then saw Kirtland match them blow for blow in the finals. They mashed each other like a pair of Mike Tysons. And Ironton had no answer for a team that wouldn’t bend.

Watched Ironton twice in playoffs & once in regular season. Would have totally agreed with you to that point.
Then saw Kirtland match them blow for blow in the finals. They mashed each other like a pair of Mike Tysons. And Ironton had no answer for a team that wouldn’t bend.
that game was the definition of a dogfight. old school, smash mouth football. the game is changing but it’s fun to see it sometimes. looks like they’re on a collision course to see eachother again in december

I like the Bull Green Dog's predictions......there will be no football this fall due to the virus......watch the news every day....the numbers keep going up.
I am a diehard football fan (especially hs and college and the Steelers) but one must face facts......

I agree that Anna will not repeat. Lost a very talented senior class and JV and freshman didn't look
too good last year. Marion Local has 6 starters on offense returning as well as 5 on defense. Also
graduated our punter, fg/xp kicker [ who was the best we have had in a long time] , as well as our
kick off man who were three different individuals.

Ok, they may go 1-4 at worst. Should beat West Holmes. Lima Sr. is a possibility as well.

Norwalk, Trotwood, and Sandusky could be tough to top.
Wow. That is a rough schedule. Ouch. My Cubs added Trimble, Gibsonburg, Hillsdale & Harvest Prep to the schedule. Double ouch.

Lucas schedule:
@ Danville
@ Hillsdale
Harvest Prep
@ Troy Christian
Willard
@ Trimble
@ Gibsonburg
Fisher Catholic
LaBrae
Columbus Mifflin

Last edited:
Wow. That is a rough schedule. Ouch. My Cubs added Trimble, Gibsonburg, Hillsdale & Harvest Prep to the schedule. Double ouch.

Lucas schedule:
@ Danville
@ Hillsdale
Harvest Prep
@ Troy Christian
Willard
@ Trimble
@ Gibsonburg
Fisher Catholic
LaBrae
Columbus Mifflin
I give Lucas much love for their schedule. By now, everyone knows the Cubs.

I also give GBurg credit as well. If Golden Bears finish 10-0, which obviously includes a W over Lucas, and still misses the Playoffs, then I don't know what to say.

I also give GBurg credit as well. If Golden Bears finish 10-0, which obviously includes a W over Lucas, and still misses the Playoffs, then I don't know what to say.

Gibsoburg has 3 things working for them that weren't there last year.

They (and the other NW schools) are back in R22 where they belong. So no MAC schools. LCC is D7. And 0-10 Antwerp is replaced with Lucas.

Change Gburg/Antwerp and Lucas/St. Charles into Gburg/Lucas with Gburh winning last year, and Gibsonburg just on that change ends up the 8 seed over Fairview.

Now take LCC, Minster, Anna, Coldwater out of the region, return Allen East to their normal 3-6 wins, and there's absolutely no way they miss at 10-0 again.

I made my predictions on Twitter back in January but can't remember off the bat who I had. I'm going on a limb and predicting Fairfield to win Division I. Marion Local over Trimble in Division VII.

Eh. Loramie was just as good as ML last year but I wouldn’t blame their loss on play calling. One of their scores came after an ML fumble deep in FL territory and one other came on a bomb. It’s not like ‘the Mescher boy’ dominated on offense, as good as he was.
If I recall, Mescher was doing pretty good in that 4th Quarter, running North and south...and that's how you beat Marion, Minster did a pretty good job of that when they beat the Flyers.... tough to beat the Flyers when you try to get around the corner... always has been... and in overtime Loramie went away from that....

big kat who do you think will win the loramie minster game this year
on paper, the skins appear to be the favorite.... Cats lost a bunch of playmakers, and probably one of the better OFF lines they have ever had.....plus a few Juniors going to be Seniors have decided not to go out, But Stokes will get the most out of the players that remain....

Mogadore has always played Kirtland tough and came close to beating them a few times. Those games were actually closer than Kirtland's title games.
According to Joe Eitel kirtland is 3-0 vs Mogadore. Kirtland smashed them in 13 and won by 6 and 7 points in 17 and 18. Relatively small sample size.

Ironton will be pretty dominant over the next few years in D5 now. They are back to putting out D1 athletes. They have the Ohio state commit but also have a sophomore rb that’s now getting offers from the SEC

Mogadore has always played Kirtland tough and came close to beating them a few times. Those games were actually closer than Kirtland's title games.

I'm only seeing one game Mogadore played Kirtland closer than the title game. 2018 when Mogadore lost to Kirtland by 6 and MSML lost to Kirtland by 9. In 2013 Kirtland beat Mogadore by 38 and beat Wayne Trace by 28 in the finals. In 2017 Kirtland beat Mogadore by 6 and lost to MSML by 23 in the finals.

They are a great D3 program playing in D4, playing a tough schedule that will prepare them for the playoffs. They are probably the top program in D4 currently, since Steubenville, Alter and Hartley have moved up these past few years.
Hartley is glad they moved up. They couldnt hang in DV.......!

Thanks. We should be strong again this year. Remember the name, Ethan Sauder. He'll go for 2,000 yards rushing this year.

I agree about Gibsonburg as well. If they run the table, and are left out again, something is wrong.