2020 State Champion PREDICTIONS

ghsknightsfan

love the Knights and Grey Ghosts!
just a fun thread for those of us bored.

D1- Pickerington Central over Springfield (always wanted to see this matchup- people are saying St Ed’s will be good but have a tough time picking against Pick Central ever)

D2- LaSalle over Massillon Washington (i see no reason it won’t be these two again)

D3- Alter over Steubenville (just a guess but would like this matchup)

D4- Perry over Kenton (because why not?)

D5- Ironton over Kirtland (revenge)

D6- Mogadore over Mechanicsburg (OHC gets a team to the title game)

D7- Fort Loramie over Cuyahoga Heights (i think this is the year Fort Loramie does it)

No. OHSAA has given its blessing to fall sports.
That is very, very tentative and if you've been at all paying attention, the 2nd wave is on it's way around the country right now. I would be very surprised given the extremely volatile situation of the virus, that we will finish fall sports. We may get them started, but it is hard to imagine a scenario where we stay clean enough for 15 weeks in a row in the fall.

That is very, very tentative and if you've been at all paying attention, the 2nd wave is on it's way around the country right now. I would be very surprised given the extremely volatile situation of the virus, that we will finish fall sports. We may get them started, but it is hard to imagine a scenario where we stay clean enough for 15 weeks in a row in the fall.
So this means you’re rooting for the Coronavirus in 2020?

Nobody in their right mind is rooting for the coronavirus.....but reality is reality.....Kansas State has suspended voluntary workouts because of player infections and they won't be the only school limited to the virus. I am chomping at the bit to see high school football this year, but I doubt it will happen. I am with commodore20, as I do not believe he is "rooting for the coronavirus in 2020".

Probably going to look like an idiot but I'll try to make a guess.

Division 1: St Edward over Springfield (Insert any catholic school you feel like here)

Division 2: La Salle over Massillon Washington (I agree with GHS)

Division 3: Alter over Mansfield (Alter is usually a safe bet)

Division 4: Clinton Massie over Perry (Perry might walk to the title game but going with CM)

Division 5: Kirtland over Ironton (Another great game)

Division 6: Coldwater over Mogadore (That is if we get by Mechanicsburg, West Jefferson and Archbold which will not be easy. We have the athletes to do it. Would be the first meeting between the Wildcats and the Cavaliers.)

Division 7: Marion Local over Cuyahoga Heights (Marion survives the gauntlet of New Bremen and Fort Loramie to win title # 12)

I thought I’d come in here and say that I’m picking this new team called COVID-19 as my sleeper but it looks like a few people took my idea

Probably going to look like an idiot but I'll try to make a guess.

Division 1: St Edward over Springfield (Insert any catholic school you feel like here)

Division 2: La Salle over Massillon Washington (I agree with GHS)

Division 3: Alter over Mansfield (Alter is usually a safe bet)

Division 4: Clinton Massie over Perry (Perry might walk to the title game but going with CM)

Division 5: Kirtland over Ironton (Another great game)

Division 6: Coldwater over Mogadore (That is if we get by Mechanicsburg, West Jefferson and Archbold which will not be easy. We have the athletes to do it. Would be the first meeting between the Wildcats and the Cavaliers.)

Division 7: Marion Local over Cuyahoga Heights (Marion survives the gauntlet of New Bremen and Fort Loramie to win title # 12)
These look good, but I'm really curious if Harvest Prep could stop Ironton in their tracks come regional finals.

Nobody in their right mind is rooting for the coronavirus.....but reality is reality.....Kansas State has suspended voluntary workouts because of player infections and they won't be the only school limited to the virus. I am chomping at the bit to see high school football this year, but I doubt it will happen. I am with commodore20, as I do not believe he is "rooting for the coronavirus in 2020".
If you don’t think it’s going to happen then you want the Coronavirus to cancel football

It'd be interesting but I wonder if just shear lack of depth compared to a normal D5 school would hinder them in anyway? Its quite odd to see a D7 school get bumped to D5 with CB.
They're anticipating a final roster number in the 50's. While that's nothing compared to what we see with schools in MAC territory or other solid D5 programs, it's also better than we've come to see in the D7 scene.

These look good, but I'm really curious if Harvest Prep could stop Ironton in their tracks come regional finals.
i just can’t see. Ironton is absolutely loaded. saw them play West Jefferson in the State Semifinals next year- they are the most physical team i have ever seen play.

Does anyone know the enrollment numbers of COVID-19? And if they are a public school or private? Sounds like they may have the hottest take as far as how to recruit

1. St Ed over Pick Central
2. Massillon over La Salle
3. Aurora over Altar
4. Perry over Clinton-Massie
5. Kirtland over West Lafeyette
6. Mogadore over Coldwater
7. Fort Loramie over Cuyahoga Hts.

Division 1: St Edward over Springfield

Division 2: La Salle over Massillon Washington

Division 3: Alter over Mansfield

Division 4: Perry over Clinton Massie (Perry and that RB will be tough to stop this year)

Division 5: Ironton over Kirtland (I think Reid Carrico will have a Ross Homan-esque senior year and lead Ironton to a title on both sides of the ball)

Division 6: Coldwater over Mogadore (just worried about new QB for Coldwater)

Division 7: Marion Local over Cuyahoga Heights (foolish to pick anybody but Marion Local with the returners they have and being defending champs)

See some picks for Springfield in D1.

Do they a lot of talent returning from their Final 4 team from last year?
they return enough and as always, they reload. the QB is very good and Moe has had things going their lately. they’ve also had some transfers from the other smaller Clark County schools.

1. St Ed over Pick Central
2. Massillon over La Salle
3. Aurora over Altar
4. Perry over Clinton-Massie
5. Kirtland over West Lafeyette
6. Mogadore over Coldwater
7. Fort Loramie over Cuyahoga Hts.
St Ed’s and Pick Central would have to most likely be a final 4 matchup the way things worked out with the regions.

St. Ed’s over pick Central D1
LaSalle over Hoban in D2
I don’t know enough about the other teams to make a prediction.