2020 St. Ignatius Football

Well that's one way to end a game. Medina is a real good team. They aren't going to beat X or Pick Central but I don't think either of us were going to either.

Really not sure who wins medina mentor, toss-up. X will win the whole thing.

Time for changes for Cats, period, end.

That’s really a thing? Moeller is in pretty significant disarray right now, with their second incident in four years, in which a alum/fan got into a near physical confrontation with a coach, in the middle of a game... I don’t think playing more consolation games should be Moeller’s first priority, at the moment.

You act like this is the first time a fan at a game got out of line. The program is hardly in disarray. Rebuilding yes, issues on the field yes, but when given an opportunity, you act like an as* with your personal vendetta against Moe.

You act like this is the first time a fan at a game got out of line. The program is hardly in disarray. Rebuilding yes, issues on the field yes, but when given an opportunity, you act like an as* with your personal vendetta against Moe.

go discuss it, both of you, on another thread. Not relevant to this thread.....again.....

Teams to knock both St. Edward and St. Ignatius out in post-season in same season:
Solon 2000
Warren Warren G. Harding 2002
Glenville 2004
Mentor 2012, 2013, 2017
Medina 2020
The craziest part of this list is that none of them ended up winning the state championship. Maybe Medina can do what the others couldn't?

Can we now, finally agree that we are years, perhaps a decade past a change in coaching? Could use three points, lets go for it and not get it. When we should go for it and not give medina the ball with ample time to score, which they did, not go for it. Nevermind Restifo's pathetic schemes for the past decade or so.
In his sleep he mumbles.....three and out, punt, maybe defense will save me again.
Speaking as an alum, yes he is as worthless in the classroom as in the press box.
I am beyond sick if these kids suffering at the helm of the dimentia crew.

The craziest part of this list is that none of them ended up winning the state championship. Maybe Medina can do what the others couldn't?

Did these teams run out of gas? WGH beat Ignatius, Eds, Mentor, and Massillon to make the final. Reminiscent of the draw that Medina is facing.

If Springfield beats Liberty next week; Reg 4/Springfield & Pick Central/Westerville Central/Reg1 winner is a possibility based on geography instead of the usual 1/2 & 3/4

No, but four of them did go on to the championship game. Glenville should have in ‘04 as well. They were loaded. Really wanted to see them against that legendary Colerain team.

If Springfield beats Liberty next week; Reg 4/Springfield & Pick Central/Westerville Central/Reg1 winner is a possibility based on geography instead of the usual 1/2 & 3/4
Someone told me at the X/Elder game that R3 plays R4 and R1 plays R2, regardless of who wins R2... not sure if that is true or not...

Well if you beat Eds and Ignatius in the same playoff year , it's obvious you are good. Plus region 2 has been the weakest region in the last 20 years in d1. So this is logical

But I don't think iggy and eds are their usual standard this year. Mentor is good but this is probably our 10th or 11th best team in the last 19 years too.

Game next week is a toss up.

Someone told me at the X/Elder game that R3 plays R4 and R1 plays R2, regardless of who wins R2... not sure if that is true or not...
It's not true. We won region 1 last year and played region 3 winner pc. Springfield from r2 played elder from r4. If liberty wins it will be region 1 vs 2

Well if you beat Eds and Ignatius in the same playoff year , it's obvious you are good. Plus region 2 has been the weakest region in the last 20 years in d1. So this is logical

But I don't think iggy and eds are their usual standard this year. Mentor is good but this is probably our 10th or 11th best team in the last 19 years too.

Game next week is a toss up.

Yes, this was probably the “easiest” year to accomplish the feat.