2020 St. Edward Football

Everyone has that concern. If major sports are back operating in June/July, then I think HS football will be a go.

A most stadiums on Friday night, it won't be that difficult to be socially distant.

I wonder if there will even be a 2020 season.
I highly doubt it. Just my opinion on hearing this virus will be around for MANY months. I am already resolved to the fact there will be no HS football next year. Or any fall sports for that matter. If the fall season is cancelled, just add it to the list of very sad for the kids and coaches involved as well as the entire U.S. as a whole. Summer will help us mentally deal with this issue, we all have cabin fever, want to be outside more, and want warmer weather and SUN. But after that we will be bumming if we all lose HS football. Praying that it will not come to that. And even more importantly: prayers for the healthcare workers, the Governors and Mayors that are making critical decisions, people working in the grocery stores keeping them stocked and sanitized for all of us. And I pray for people that still are not taking this serious and are not following all the rules laid out by the CDC and Government. STAY HOME. Help your fellow brothers!

Last edited:
Was. Past tense though..

I'm aware that Ahmad Edwards and his family moved to Georgia, but hadn't heard about any transfer to Massillon. The Biggom brothers are transferring to Heights as well from what I see. Don't know that we were counting on any of these guys as starters next year. Hopefully they all find greener pastures.

I'm aware that Ahmad Edwards and his family moved to Georgia, but hadn't heard about any transfer to Massillon. The Biggom brothers are transferring to Heights as well from what I see. Don't know that we were counting on any of these guys as starters next year. Hopefully they all find greener pastures.

NEO fan and the other Massillon poster are referring to someone else, not mentioned above. Things changed though.

Edwards and the Biggum boys were good athletes. Ahmad would've had a big role next year I believe, but either way wish them all the best of luck elsewhere.

I would think this slightly raises the profile of the school and obviously provides gear, but what other benefits does this give us? Not complaining, just curious.

2020 Schedule:

8/29 HD Woodson (DC)
9/4 @ Euclid
9/11 @ Mentor
9/19 @ Elder
9/26 Royalty Institute (MD)
10/3 @ Benedicitine (Euclid Stadium)
10/10 St. Ignatius (Location TBD)
10/17 Football North (CA)
10/24 @ Moeller
10/31 Hoban

Just noticed CJ Hankins picked up another offer this time from Georgetown.
I happened to watch the replay game against Winton Woods and OSU recruit Myron Williams. Hankins was all over the backfield in that game and really showed his skill set.

Also, I read that former eagle Jordan Castleberry has transferred from Michigan to Maryland. Looks to be a good decision based on what he said in the interview.

Just noticed CJ Hankins picked up another offer this time from Georgetown.
I happened to watch the replay game against Winton Woods and OSU recruit Myron Williams. Hankins was all over the backfield in that game and really showed his skill set.

Also, I read that former eagle Jordan Castleberry has transferred from Michigan to Maryland. Looks to be a good decision based on what he said in the interview.

Jordan has a much better shot to see the field at Maryland. Great article.
Hankins is a players. I’ve had him a few games and he is as tough as they come. Eds friend said he was the best player on the field bs Winton Woods. From my understanding he came in to 2019 off a broken back then had a few injuries. If 2020 happens and he is healthy he can easily be one of the best defenders in the state, if not thee best. He could be dominant if the system gives him more freedom because his instincts are special. (I’ve heard directly from Mentor Coach) Ed’s seem to use more of a gap concept that can handcuff players but from the sounds of things and being a young team, they may build around him and let him have free reigns. I seen him in a JV game vs LW and he constantly blitzed off the edge, could not be stopped but that same blitz I’ve never seen at the Varsity level which really can miss up timing.

I never knew the extent of the injury, but CJ was clearly not himself in the beginning of last season. Still out there making plays, but lacked the explosion we saw as a sophomore. He rounded into form as the season went on and was playing fantastic at the end of the year and into the playoffs. If he was coming off a broken back, that speaks volumes about his toughness and dedication to step out on the field in week one versus Mentor knowing he was not 100%. Tremendously hard worker, and my fingers are crossed that we get to see him play next fall.

CJ should be a dominant player in 2020...he did not display the same "sideline to sideline" speed last year as he did his sophomore year, but the injury cited might explain why. With a return of his mobility, his explosiveness at the point of attack makes him special and a real cog in the Eagle D.

Go Eagles!

DE Trey Bixby continues the pipeline of MSU recruits. Just read on the eagle twitter feed he received an offer.
St Edward produces very good college players. It is good to see that continue with the new coaching staff at MSU. Bixby has all the tools to be another great Eagle. From my understanding this will be a young team by Eagle standards.

With three games out of state, I'm wondering if the staff/AD team is looking at secondary options just in case those games can't happen. Looking at all the new guidelines to potentially play it seems like the most at risk games (to be cancelled or moved) will be those out of state teams traveling to the CLE area.

Fair point, definitely something they will have to consider but it seems to me that the OHSAA is moving very quickly with getting things back to normal. I would think that if travel restrictions are lifted or whatever they will allow the games.