2020 St. Edward Football

Woodson being a new name on the schedule, anyone know much on them? Rest of the opponents we're all pretty familiar with.

Looks like Woodson went 7-5 last year, included a one point loss to Steubenville (OH). Looking at the roster looks like a lot/most of their production is graduating though. Found a DB, back-up QB and some depth wideouts via Hudl but about it.

We've played them a number of times over the years, most recently in 2017. They are an inner-city DC public that typically produces a handful of D1 prospects every year, but rarely have a team competitive enough to challenge a program like ours. They do usually fair well within their league, which translates to harbins. Not unlike Glenville in that regard.

Any further clarifications on the schedule for weeks 5 and 6? I like having Mentor in week 3 this year. Both teams should be a little more sharp with a few games under their belt. Kipp has been difficult to deal with on opening day the past few years, even with a veteran squad. With all the new faces this year and with Kipp having another year under his belt, the more live game experience built up the better.

Any further clarifications on the schedule for weeks 5 and 6? I like having Mentor in week 3 this year. Both teams should be a little more sharp with a few games under their belt. Kipp has been difficult to deal with on opening day the past few years, even with a veteran squad. With all the new faces this year and with Kipp having another year under his belt, the more live game experience built up the better.
I heard we (Benedictine) has Eds week 5 at Bedford .

There has been a lot of buzz surrounding Ramos since he came through the doors, with speculation that he could challenge for the starting QB position from day one. I think it's been wise for the staff to have him compete with his class at the freshman and JV levels and build chemistry with a pretty good group of receivers in that '22 class. We've also been lucky to have some strong upperclassman QB's the past few years in O'Malley and Dzuro. I'm going to temper my expectations going into next season. A lot of very good St. Edward QB's have struggled in the first full year of varsity competition, and then gone on to have great senior seasons. But if he can hit the ground running, we may be in for a better season than anticipated.

Ramos certainly has all the tools to be a very good QB. For so many years Ignatius was light years ahead of Eds at that position.

Not anymore.

Ramos certainly has all the tools to be a very good QB. For so many years Ignatius was light years ahead of Eds at that position.

Not anymore.
If Griffin Hanna would have went to Ed's with the coaching of Lombardo he would have been a better QB, Iggy put him in a bad position and he was not used the way he should have. Ramos will thrive as a Ed's QB and will get a bigger scholarship than BG that I know will happen. He is a STUD

Thank you to the St. Edward High School community and the football program for making Harper's dream come true...this five year old young man is fighting Leukemia and loves the Green and Gold. Go Eagles!

Thank you to the St. Edward High School community and the football program for making Harper's dream come true...this five year old young man is fighting Leukemia and loves the Green and Gold. Go Eagles!
View attachment 5989
It's easy to go full attack mode on here sometimes....against other posters, other programs and other communities, but seeing things like this brings the reality....much respect St. Ed and prayers for Harper.

Being thankful, love our neighbors and getting our priorities in order. Great to see people stepping up when others are in need. Nice job St. Edward. Prayers for Harper, his family, his friends, and his community.

I was thinking it may be a schedule announcement related to a big out-of-state opponent. If so, maybe something fell through.

In Christ alone, our hope is found
he is the light, our strength, our song.
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace
when fears are stilled, when strivings cease.
Our Comforter, our All in All
Here in the love of Christ we stand!

God bless everyone!