2020 St. Edward Football

Man of Faith

2020 looks to be a year where many starters may come from a strong Junior Class.

Returning Starters/Playing time
2020 Seniors
Malachi Watkins RB
Chris Moran OL
Thomas Aden OL
*CJ Hankins LB
Jaylen Castleberry CB
Cade Casto DL
Charles Calhoun DL
*Justin Slattery P

2020 Juniors
Trey Bixby DL

Outside of a very good QB in Christian Ramos, (2020 will be a JR) please share any projected starters or names to pay attention too.

As you mentioned, I think most of us anticipate the reigns will be turned over to Ramos at QB next season. Broden Bostwick is the senior-to-be, but is a pretty athletic kid who may transition to WR or another skill position. Good trio of receivers will be on their way up from JV in Connor Goodall, Kenyon Marshall, and Rayshwan Manning. Danny Enovitch is a heck of an athlete who should be in the mix at RB along with Watkins. On the defensive side of the ball, Dom Sidari at LB as well as Nathan Fallon and Dontez Howard in the secondary are guys to look out for.

A random poster that for reasons unknown, sure spends a lot of time in St. Edward and St. Ignatius threads while running his mouth looking for a reaction and argument.

What do these two schools offer for this guy to keep him coming back to these threads? I mean Chanel is one of the last schools I would think has any relevance to these programs?!?! That school isn’t even around anymore!

Looks like someone with nothing else better to due during his lonely holiday season???

I'm not sure what things were like years ago but my kid been at Eds for 3 yrs now. Came out Muny League. Played in all that all star stuff Ohio team games... Back to that the only schools never out there looking for kids were Eds or Ignatius, the don't need too the standard to high. Other schools came hard but never ever those 2..learned why... Parents want to give there kid a chance in a good school and if the kid loves ball play the best with coaches that are college coaches that coach hs cause they love the game. But for your donor and all that, I'm a single parent scrapping by to try to make it, and keep him there. Asked for work program, anything to help and don't get it. It is almost impossible for low middle class but they work with people on payments, but always have to pay whethee payments or a big payment at tax time. I never once even been talked to about a donor or some scholarships an my son been able to play Varsity, that don't matter. His work is rewarded with playing time, not money off. It's not what ppl think. It's rough, but sacrifice will be worth it but I know for a fact they don't recruit or help any extra if u play a sports young, or can help them win, don't mattter. It sucks but it's ok, cause that the standard and it's the rules....people assume eds does all this....if ppl want to complain cause there is a education choice program that helps kids pay for private school if in a failing school district you got issues.....but there to me seems to be many more families well off...seen kids tiny as freshman a few years ago, now cause they up at 6am working and are required to work there butt off, the do cause they love the game and learn to take pride in school...it becomes a lifestyle that deeds success....at what point ppl stop talking bout money cause everybody equal and say good job to coaches an school for being a great standard that will make good men....and recognize a player is a player

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like Ed's picked up Hoban week 10, along with Woodson week 1, Euclid week 2 and Mentor weeks 3 we should only have week 5 and 6 open as of right now. Good to see some local teams step up and play each other. I think the dismantling of the NCL freed Hoban up.

Without digging up the 2019 thread, congrats to this year's seniors who signed on the dotted line yesterday.

Jeff Pietrowski - Michigan State
Montorie Foster - Michigan State
Joey Formani - Bowling Green
Brian Kilbane - Bowling Green
Ronan Chambers - Akron
Logan Nash - Penn
Lawson Nash - Penn
Alex Colangelo - Robert Morris
Donovan Stanley - Duquesne
Nate Stuart - Kenyon

It looks like Ed's picked up Hoban week 10, along with Woodson week 1, Euclid week 2 and Mentor weeks 3 we should only have week 5 and 6 open as of right now. Good to see some local teams step up and play each other. I think the dismantling of the NCL freed Hoban up.
Heard this as well. Also heard Hoban will be playing Don Bosco prep and Iggy.

As you mentioned, I think most of us anticipate the reigns will be turned over to Ramos at QB next season. Broden Bostwick is the senior-to-be, but is a pretty athletic kid who may transition to WR or another skill position. Good trio of receivers will be on their way up from JV in Connor Goodall, Kenyon Marshall, and Rayshwan Manning. Danny Enovitch is a heck of an athlete who should be in the mix at RB along with Watkins. On the defensive side of the ball, Dom Sidari at LB as well as Nathan Fallon and Dontez Howard in the secondary are guys to look out for.

Broden is extremely quick and has the top end speed to move to the slot, believe they already started toying with him in the slot this last fall in preparation for what I assume is this slight change as Ramos comes up and takes over.

From your LB list, don't forget Zyion Freer-Brown who missed this fall coming back from an ACL injury. Freshman year he was the best defensive player Eds had, will make a big difference adding him into the mix hopefully right next to CJ Hankins. In the secondary I'd add Joel Castleberry too, would guess that he and his cousin Jaylen Castleberry are the starting corners. Safety will be interesting to watch; Fallon, Howard, maybe Sidari drops back... Gotta note Jack Riley though too. Very consistent on the back end, played most ST roles with varsity last fall as a Soph.

Last edited:
Without digging up the 2019 thread, congrats to this year's seniors who signed on the dotted line yesterday.

Ronan Chambers - Akron
Logan Nash - Penn
Lawson Nash - Penn
Nate Stuart - Kenyon

Should be a couple more when the second signing day hits in Feb. Great Senior class...

It all starts and ends with solid line play.

Couldn't agree more... Most excited to watch both lines develop personally.

Aden, Moran, Lavelle back from the OL that started or got playing time. Casto, Calhoun and Bixby on the DL. Good nucleus on both sides. Curious if Aden plays some DL too next year..? Believe that's his preferred position.

Have to get that next wave ready though, and there is a lot of talent in the current Soph and Fr classes on both lines. Lombardo might have to dip into the youth a little earlier than normal next year to fill out both sides with true depth. Should be fun to watch the staff work and groom here though. Scanlon, Rock, Stick etc are some of the best you'll find coaching those positions..

Ronan Chambers - Akron
Logan Nash - Penn
Lawson Nash - Penn
Nate Stuart - Kenyon
Wow that's awfully impressive for a team of LOCAL neighborhood kids.If they only went to Lakewood HS!!!! LOL. Just proves the point of the amount of recruits these guys possess.Here come the attitudes and denials.Lombardo is a good dude though.Really enjoyed drinking a beer with him talking HS football when he was at Highland.

Wow that's awfully impressive for a team of LOCAL neighborhood kids.If they only went to Lakewood HS!!!! LOL. Just proves the point of the amount of recruits these guys possess.Here come the attitudes and denials.Lombardo is a good dude though.Really enjoyed drinking a beer with him talking HS football when he was at Highland.

Since when has the amount of talent at St. Edward been a point of contention? I don't think anyone denies that we have talented players that come from all corners of the greater Cleveland metro area.

Couldn't agree more... Most excited to watch both lines develop personally.

Aden, Moran, Lavelle back from the OL that started or got playing time. Casto, Calhoun and Bixby on the DL. Good nucleus on both sides. Curious if Aden plays some DL too next year..? Believe that's his preferred position.

Just noticed missing Noah Rios from the DL list too. He missed this last season with a back injury, really good kick-off guy too (4-star kicker on Kohls Kicking) but added some really good depth at DL in the pre-season scrimmages before getting hurt just before the season began. Will be in that Senior group.

How do Public schools compete with this and is something out of the ordinary at St Eds?Out of 22 starting spots, 10 are getting scholarships that is very impressive.

How do Public schools compete with this and is something out of the ordinary at St Eds?Out of 22 starting spots, 10 are getting scholarships that is very impressive.

Mentor has as many individuals playing a the next level. Its not at all uncommon for the more dominant programs, public and/or private.

Honestly, most can't compete. There are programs that do. Mentor, Pick Central, Colerain, Wayne, maybe a few others in any given year. There are probably only ten or so programs (maybe not even) in the state in D1 that you can expect the title to come from these days.

This new NEO prep Twitter account has been highlighting a lot of NEO kids in the last week, especially some Eds kids, for those interested. One example recently is CJ Hankins (below).

Lot more if you scroll through their feed. Know I've seen Ahmad Edwards, Thomas Aden, Chris Moran, Christian Ramos and a couple others.

Last edited:
The Eagles will begin the 2020 season with some promising Jr. and Sr. returnees. The key will be the play and development of Ramos (QB) next year and Watkins (RB) and company successfully running the ball. If the Eagles can run between the tackles and Ramos can be a dual threat, this team will be fine.

Go Eagles!

Excited for all the Ohio teams on the schedule and getting Hoban back on. Ed's, Mentor, Ignatius and Hoban have been premier programs in NEO the last five seasons, they should all play one another. Unsure what Woodson is like now but I know we have played them in the past. I would love to see Euclid take a step into being more competitive and that may start with scheduling better. They already play Mentor every year, adding us should help them.

Week One: DC Woodson
Week Two: Euclid
Week Three: Mentor
Week Four: Elder
Week Five: ?
Week Six: ?
Week Seven: Holy War
Week Eight: Clarkson North?
Week Nine: Moeller
Week Ten: Hoban

Does that look right?

Excited for all the Ohio teams on the schedule and getting Hoban back on. Ed's, Mentor, Ignatius and Hoban have been premier programs in NEO the last five seasons, they should all play one another. Unsure what Woodson is like now but I know we have played them in the past. I would love to see Euclid take a step into being more competitive and that may start with scheduling better. They already play Mentor every year, adding us should help them.

Does that look right?

I don't think there's any reason to believe Woodson should be anything more than the typical DC public also-ran. Probably a good opening tune-up game for a team breaking in several new players.

The Trotwood folks seem to believe they are playing us week 5, which would leave only week 6 to fill assuming the canucks are coming south once again.

Does that look right?

Was told that lineup with Benedictine in week six. Week five still open.

Woodson being a new name on the schedule, anyone know much on them? Rest of the opponents we're all pretty familiar with.

Looks like Woodson went 7-5 last year, included a one point loss to Steubenville (OH). Looking at the roster looks like a lot/most of their production is graduating though. Found a DB, back-up QB and some depth wideouts via Hudl but about it.