2020 Rock and Roll HOF Nominees

Uh..maybe lighten up, Francis ?

take a walk and enjoy the fall leaves tomorrow

Oh dismal mourning...
I open my weary eyes once again
My life has been left hollow and ashes have filled the gorge of my within
Last night I hoped and wished I'd die in my sleep but no catharsis was granted to
me
Will this pain ever pass?
The enchanting perfume of winter and the bleak, cold breath of her still haunts
me...
Oportet ubique pulchritudinem evanescere

:) thanks for the advice!!!! will do.....

Saw the Doobie Brothers with Santana at Blossom a couple months ago. They were pretty good. Not sure they’re greats who belong in the rock HOF, though.
Doobie Brothers of today are no where near as good as they once were. Some of these older bands amaze me at how well they still entertain live but the Doobie's are one that I don't think do well today.

I saw the Righteous Brothers this summer with Bill Medley and he really nailed it. For how old he is he put on a really powerful show.

My guess of five-
Doobie bro's
Motorhead
Pat Benatar
NIN
Notorious B.I.G

Thin Lizzy is horrible, and a lot worse than Dave Mathews.

Was in the area for work a couple of weeks ago and a team building event was attending the HoF.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, much more than any other sort of HoF that I had been to.

Fan vote clearly in favor of the Dave Mathews Band.

Wow - once again no Tommy James, The Turtles, Warren Zevon or Chubby Checker. What a joke!

The 2020 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees have been announced. It's an eclectic group. They are:
  • Pat Benatar
  • Dave Matthews Band
  • Depeche Mode
  • The Doobie Brothers
  • Whitney Houston
  • Judas Priest
  • Kraftwerk
  • MC5
  • Motörhead
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • The Notorious B.I.G.
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Soundgarden
  • T.Rex
  • Thin Lizzy
strange that some of those aren't in already?

The induction list has been released- Whitney Houston, Depeche Mode, the Doobie Brothers, Nine Inch Nails, the Notorious B.I.G. and T. Rex.

Pat Benatar, Dave Matthews Band, Judas Priest, Kraftwerk, MC5, Motorhead, Rufus featuring Chaka Khan, Todd Rundgren, Soundgarden and Thin Lizzy did not make the list.

The induction list has been released- Whitney Houston, Depeche Mode, the Doobie Brothers, Nine Inch Nails, the Notorious B.I.G. and T. Rex.

Pat Benatar, Dave Matthews Band, Judas Priest, Kraftwerk, MC5, Motorhead, Rufus featuring Chaka Khan, Todd Rundgren, Soundgarden and Thin Lizzy did not make the list.
Whitney Houston and Biggie and rock and roll? Never heard of T Rex

Whitney Houston and Biggie and rock and roll? Never heard of T Rex

I don't get their definition of Rock and Roll.

Here's some info from Wikipedia on T Rex-

T. Rex were an English rock band, formed in 1967 by singer-songwriter and guitarist Marc Bolan. The band was initially called Tyrannosaurus Rex, and released four psychedelic folk albums under this name. In 1969, Bolan began to change the band's style towards electric rock, and shortened their name to T. Rex the following year. This development culminated in 1970's "Ride a White Swan", and the group soon became pioneers of the glam rock movement.
From 1970 to 1973, T. Rex encountered a popularity in the UK comparable to that of the Beatles, with a run of eleven singles in the UK top ten. They scored four UK number one hits, "Hot Love", "Get It On", "Telegram Sam" and "Metal Guru". The band's 1971 album Electric Warrior received critical acclaim as a pioneering glam rock album. It reached number 1 in the UK. The 1972 follow-up, The Slider, entered the top 20 in the US. Following the release of "20th Century Boy" in 1973, which reached number three in the UK, T. Rex's appeal began to wane, though they continued releasing one album per year.
In 1977, founder, songwriter and sole constant member Bolan died in a car crash several months after the release of the group's final studio album Dandy in the Underworld, and the group disbanded.

Not going to make a huge argument for their inclusion..... but Kraftwerk was ahead of its time and a very influential band. As a child of the 80's I'd have to think they paved the way for the synth-pop music of the decade. However, being responsible for the 80's may be why people dismiss them :D

And they probably influenced one of my favorite bands from high school... Devo! :)

This list is really getting folk all steamed up, more so Whitney Houston than Biggie. Whitney Houston was a pop singer and had little to do w/ Rock & Roll, the rap acts seem to be getting in so their is diversification at the Hall. I can see the others as they all check boxes, especially the T Rex as they were huge in Britain and many English based journalists were complaining that it looked like just a US Rock Hall at the exclusion of many key English groups. Depeche Mode checks the new wave box, NIN the '90s alt box, and the Doobies the classic rock one.