2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

I don't have a list but we just watched Chad Henne win a playoff game so there were options
No. Henne just didnt lose it. He came in with a big lead....

If we recall, Dobbs was a backup correct? Was traded and then BR got hurt. Rudolph got hurt so they were down to Duck, essentially a 4th string QB.
With whom they loss off the offense in the previous seasons, using a 4th stringer, and still finished 8-8 was good.

This year, the offense became garbage and poof, they are gone now.

Marvin Lewis is interiewed.
Great.
We the Browns and Bengals now?

A team with talent doesn’t only win 3-4 games on a weak schedule. This is a ridiculous conversation. Henne or some vet like him could have game managed that team to 8-8 or better considering Duck was a rookie 4th string QB

A team with talent doesn’t only win 3-4 games on a weak schedule. This is a ridiculous conversation. Henne or some vet like him could have game managed that team to 8-8 or better considering Duck was a rookie 4th string QB
A team that was devoid of BR, Bell, Brown, Conner hurt, using a 4th string QB....yeah, they shoulda tanked last year but MT did a good job.

seems like OC interviews were Hue, Canada, and then OC from Chargers (Pep Hamilton). i'm all-in for an OC named "Pep". ;)

As for Haskins getting signed.
Eh.
Why not take a chance on him? We are presuming BR is coming back but who knows......
Rudolph.....he had his chance in 2019 and failed so he is not the future.
Is Haskins? Likely not, but he was just a first round pick and maybe getting out of that hellhole Redskins franchise will do him good.

do we think the Haskins signing points towards Ben NOT coming back?

just wondering.

As an outside observer - no. I think Ben comes back 1 more year and they see if they can fix Haskins as Ben's back up. If so, they move on from Ben in 2022 after signing Haskins to a long term deal. Just my opinion.

Haskins likely came cheap. Sometimes a change of venue does wonders. Maybe that will be the case here. I think most everyone thought he would be a 1st round pick in 2018 so there must be some underlying potential there. As for Ben returning I don’t know if this is a signal or not. Perhaps he’s just competing for the #2 spot with Rudolph at this point. If Ben retires then they are competing for #1. It saves the Steelers of having to waste a late round pick on a backup QB this Spring. They have other needs to address.

do we think the Haskins signing points towards Ben NOT coming back?

just wondering.
Maybe he takes it as a threat to his job, puts in the extra work, and comes out on fire next year!

I think he can still play a bit.

I thought they were going to go for Winston or Newton this offseason but figured they were going to be too expensive, but they werent.

He had to come cheap, so really no reason to not try ya know.

Canada got OC job. that's actually good. not sure what that means for Ben. Pouncey retiring. Ben and he both said they would go out together but not sure now. we shall see.

Canada got OC job. that's actually good. not sure what that means for Ben. Pouncey retiring. Ben and he both said they would go out together but not sure now. we shall see.
Depends.

Does Canada have the balls to overrule BR? From the sounds of it, BR was the QB and OC the more the season went on. I am ALL for the QB having a big say in the offense, but he cannot be the biggest voice in the room

Depends.

Does Canada have the balls to overrule BR? From the sounds of it, BR was the QB and OC the more the season went on. I am ALL for the QB having a big say in the offense, but he cannot be the biggest voice in the room

if Ben stays, Canada has to design offense around him and his skill set. more like what Tampa Bay does with Brady as opposed to what KC does with Mahomes. Steelers WR weapons are comparable to Tampa so i think it can be done, assuming Ben is coming back. If Ben retires, design an offense around Haskins (i'm assuming he starts if Ben retires). I just don't see how they can think Rudolph is the answer. he's your prototypical backup QB in the NFL. and actually, if you're designing an offense that fits Haskins' skill set, you may want to get rid of Rudolph and find a different type of backup QB. Rudolph may be even more 3rd string QB and that's fine. he's just not a starter in this league and i don't think he ever will be.

What is a Haskins skill set? He’s more mobile then Ben but he’s really not all that mobile is he? What were his plusses and minuses coming out of OSU?

1611778731063.png

looks like Ben is willing to do anything he can to renegotiate/rework his deal so that he can come back at least one more season.

as i said before, that is the ONLY way they can bring him back to "go for it" one more time and maybe, just maybe, give Ben a proper sendoff, with fans, and hopefully a deep playoff run.

we shall see.

looks like Ben is willing to do anything he can to renegotiate/rework his deal so that he can come back at least one more season.

as i said before, that is the ONLY way they can bring him back to "go for it" one more time and maybe, just maybe, give Ben a proper sendoff, with fans, and hopefully a deep playoff run.

we shall see.
I think we will see him work hard this offseason and will see a little more nimble BR in 2021.

One.
Last.
Hurrah.

I was thinking about that today, but in all honestly since leaving PIttsburgh those two buffoons have been a train wreck.
Yeah, Kansas City is in the Super Bowl with or without Leveon. Antonio had good stats down the stretch but that was Bradys show
A cheaper Ben gives us a decent year in 21, but we gotta look at the future. No more Cliff Stoudt, Tom Selleck and David Woodley
Yeah, I wouldn't cry if MT was let go. But the Rooneys haven't fired a head coach in over a half century. Has anybody on this board watched a Steeler game without either Noll, Cowher or Tomlin as HC?

Yeah, Kansas City is in the Super Bowl with or without Leveon. Antonio had good stats down the stretch but that was Bradys show
A cheaper Ben gives us a decent year in 21, but we gotta look at the future. No more Cliff Stoudt, Tom Selleck and David Woodley
Yeah, I wouldn't cry if MT was let go. But the Rooneys haven't fired a head coach in over a half century. Has anybody on this board watched a Steeler game without either Noll, Cowher or Tomlin as HC?
I’m sure I did but I don’t recall. My first memory of anything involving the Steelers is probably about 1968. I also recall talk of Joe Paterno coaching before Noll was hired.

My very first sketchy memory is about Rocky Bleier and being told about his military service, and also about 'Theresa' Bradshaw, 'Francine' Harris to go along with Lynn Swann of girls who played for the Stillers.

Joke was on those guys those, what success has Clev had since the 70s?!!!

My very first sketchy memory is about Rocky Bleier and being told about his military service, and also about 'Theresa' Bradshaw, 'Francine' Harris to go along with Lynn Swann of girls who played for the Stillers.

Joke was on those guys those, what success has Clev had since the 70s?!!!
Well, most of us don't own game worn jerseys that cost more than our trailers.

Depends how you measure success.