2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

After witnessing the game Sunday I'd be shocked if the Browns won this week. Beat the Steeler JVs by 2 points when the Browns were playing for their playoff lives. There was a post on the Browns thread that said Stefanski was playing close to the vest because he anticipated the rematch and didn't want to tip his hand. I call BS on that. This is an organization that hasn't been to the playoffs since most of their players were in grade school. Even the running game wasn't their usual atrocious self. Except for 1 bad pick Mason was decent. I'm not saying it'll be easy like the 1st matchup, but this is a game that's completely winnable.
First of all, the Browns played without as many starters as the Steelers in week 17, given the COVID issues on defense. 3 DBs and 2LBs were out, plus Sheldon Richardson. So we had 5 defensive starters. Steelers sat a few key guys but that "JV" stuff is nonsense.

Steelers are anywhere from 3.5 to 6 point favorites this week, Browns still missing several key guys, Vernon just tore Achilles last week so another defensive starter is out. Pretty bold of you to call this game "winnable". and now Stefanski, Bitonio, and 2 assistant coaches have COVID. If my Browns win it will be a miracle.

First of all, the Browns played without as many starters as the Steelers in week 17, given the COVID issues on defense. 3 DBs and 2LBs were out, plus Sheldon Richardson. So we had 5 defensive starters. Steelers sat a few key guys but that "JV" stuff is nonsense.

Steelers are anywhere from 3.5 to 6 point favorites this week, Browns still missing several key guys, Vernon just tore Achilles last week so another defensive starter is out. Pretty bold of you to call this game "winnable". and now Stefanski, Bitonio, and 2 assistant coaches have COVID. If my Browns win it will be a miracle.
Steelers had the following starters out on defense, Bush, Dupree, Watt, Haden, Edmunds, Heyward and V. Williams for the second half so that’s 6.5 out. 6 first round picks by the way. It’s all relative, next man up.

Steelers had the following starters out on defense, Bush, Dupree, Watt, Haden, Edmunds, Heyward and V. Williams for the second half so that’s 6.5 out. 6 first round picks by the way. It’s all relative, next man up.
Browns can complain whom they have out and the Stillers will continue to preach about the next man up. The standard is the standard. Browns havent been in the playoffs for 18 years so they do not know how to act this time of year.

it is a game of attrition. Steelers will lose, or maybe win, with whomever is available and you wont get any whining from true fans of the game on the steelers sideline. Lets let the browns whine and biatch.

Here's a funny thing, I probably went to Pittsburgh several hundred times over the years for business...I have met a lot of Western Pennsylvanians that moved to Northeast Ohio, but pretty much nobody that moved from Northeast Ohio to the Pittsburgh area.

Here's a funny thing, I probably went to Pittsburgh several hundred times over the years for business...I have met a lot of Western Pennsylvanians that moved to Northeast Ohio, but pretty much nobody that moved from Northeast Ohio to the Pittsburgh area.
Who wants to downgrade?

JuJu is an idiot.
You NEVER add fuel to the flame and give an opponent any extra motivation.

Backfired on Dweebo Sweeney for Clemson, and will for JewJu as well.

Clown.

JuJu is an idiot.
You NEVER add fuel to the flame and give an opponent any extra motivation.

Backfired on Dweebo Sweeney for Clemson, and will for JewJu as well.

Clown.
He shouldn’t do it but I disagree that stuff like what he said motivates the Browns. It a PO game their first in what 15-17 years? They better be motivated. What about all the BS back and forth during the game? They shouldn’t do that cause it may motivate? It’s just Sports writers and Talking heads trying to create a story.

He shouldn’t do it but I disagree that stuff like what he said motivates the Browns. It a PO game their first in what 15-17 years? They better be motivated. What about all the BS back and forth during the game? They shouldn’t do that cause it may motivate? It’s just Sports writers and Talking heads trying to create a story.

Retired Browns tackle Joe Thomas was asked Sunday morning on NFL Network how he imagined JuJu’s words went over.

“I think it was honestly the turning point,” Thomas said. “I talked to a lot of those guys early in the week, and a lot of people in Cleveland thought this game was over. There was this emotional letdown, and then all of a sudden JuJu gives them this gift. Honestly, I think it woke up a lot of people.

“It may not have motivated the Browns, because it’s the playoffs. They don’t need any more motivation. But what it did do is put more pressure on the Steelers. … And let’s be honest, they’ve lost four out of five coming in, so they’re not exactly on fire.”

Retired Browns tackle Joe Thomas was asked Sunday morning on NFL Network how he imagined JuJu’s words went over.

“I think it was honestly the turning point,” Thomas said. “I talked to a lot of those guys early in the week, and a lot of people in Cleveland thought this game was over. There was this emotional letdown, and then all of a sudden JuJu gives them this gift. Honestly, I think it woke up a lot of people.

“It may not have motivated the Browns, because it’s the playoffs. They don’t need any more motivation. But what it did do is put more pressure on the Steelers. … And let’s be honest, they’ve lost four out of five coming in, so they’re not exactly on fire.”
Fair enough.

I said it when Dweebo Sweeney voted Ohio State 11th and his continuing comments that it was going to give OSU extra juice, and I said it again when JuJu ran his mouth.

Those were death blows.

One of the reasons why the Patriots were able to go so long without really getting upset come playoff time was how they kept everything in house, and did not give fuel to the other side.

You can ALWAYS be more motivated. You can always be more focused.

He has to stop being such a jagoff and inciting the opponants.

Just shows how little power Tomlin has in that locker room. To allow that to continue, and not having his team ready is an absolute joke.

This is the first time I have uttered these words for real, but Mike Tomlin needs to go. His message and methods have grown old.

The steelers will be fighting with the bengals for the basement in the North for the next five years.

you ALWAYS can be more motivated.
You can ALWAYS be more focused.
Yeah, it is the playoffs and ya think that is all you need, but you can ALWAYS be more dialed in.

I said it when Dweebo Sweeney voted Ohio State 11th and his continuing comments that it was going to give OSU extra juice, and I said it again when JuJu ran his mouth.

Those were death blows.

One of the reasons why the Patriots were able to go so long without really getting upset come playoff time was how they kept everything in house, and did not give fuel to the other side.

You can ALWAYS be more motivated. You can always be more focused.

He has to stop being such a jagoff and inciting the opponants.

Just shows how little power Tomlin has in that locker room. To allow that to continue, and not having his team ready is an absolute joke.

This is the first time I have uttered these words for real, but Mike Tomlin needs to go. His message and methods have grown old.

The steelers will be fighting with the bengals for the basement in the North for the next five years.

let's be perfectly clear here - what Juju said had literally ZERO to do with why they lost. ZERO. NOTHING. NADA.

it had everything to do with their lackluster performance in every phase of the game. that's why they lost.

you simply can't make that many mistakes and expect to win.

Turnovers were 5-0? there's the game. right there.

let's be perfectly clear here - what Juju said had literally ZERO to do with why they lost. ZERO. NOTHING. NADA.

it had everything to do with their lackluster performance in every phase of the game. that's why they lost.

you simply can't make that many mistakes and expect to win.

Turnovers were 5-0? there's the game. right there.
You never give an opponent any extra motivation. You just dont. Was it the reason why the lost? No, but it did not help.
Those three TDs the browns offense scored...you could see they were on a different level in energy and dominated.

JuJu needs to keep his frucking pie hole shut and just plain the damn game.

You never give an opponent any extra motivation. You just dont. Was it the reason why the lost? No, but it did not help.
Those three TDs the browns offense scored...you could see they were on a different level in energy and dominated.

JuJu needs to keep his frucking pie hole shut and just plain the damn game.

what did he have, like 12 catches for 150+ and a TD? i'd say he "played the damn game".

his comments had ZERO to do with how the Browns played.

ZERO.

what did he have, like 12 catches for 150+ and a TD? i'd say he "played the damn game".

his comments had ZERO to do with how the Browns played.

ZERO.
The Browns were just the far better team last night.

Without their head coach, and down two OL coaches, among others.

Without their best O Lineman. (Pro Bowler)

Without their best CB. (Pro Bowler)

Without their second best D Lineman.

And with a couple guys on the O Line that no one had even met before this past week.

Last edited:
The Browns were just the far better team last night.

Without their head coach, and down two OL coaches, among others.

Without their best O Lineman.

Without their best CB.

Without their second best D Lineman.
Makes you wonder just how important all the practice, coaching, etc is when you see an effort like last night....

WHom was it early tihs year, the Titans, who didnt practice all week and came out like a wrecking ball that week?

Almost seems like teams rally around adversity and pull together when all odds are against them...

legit question in regards to Ben and next season because i don't know all the rules around the cap/salary/etc but it seems i've read it's either pay him $41 mill if he comes back or pay him $19 if he's not with them (those are cap hit numbers i'm reading, i guess)

what i'm wondering is, if Ben truly does want to come back and try to play for a Super Bowl, is there no way around the $41 million dollar cap hit? can they rework contract to lessen that? i get it, why would Ben take a paycut but i'm guessing if he truly wants to come back for a final shot at this, the Steelers response has to be something of the effect "we can't build a winning roster around you while paying you $41 million so what do you want to do?"

i don't know the answers to these questions. just wondering what options the Steelers have or is it just one or the other stated in the first part of my post.

legit question in regards to Ben and next season because i don't know all the rules around the cap/salary/etc but it seems i've read it's either pay him $41 mill if he comes back or pay him $19 if he's not with them (those are cap hit numbers i'm reading, i guess)

what i'm wondering is, if Ben truly does want to come back and try to play for a Super Bowl, is there no way around the $41 million dollar cap hit? can they rework contract to lessen that? i get it, why would Ben take a paycut but i'm guessing if he truly wants to come back for a final shot at this, the Steelers response has to be something of the effect "we can't build a winning roster around you while paying you $41 million so what do you want to do?"

i don't know the answers to these questions. just wondering what options the Steelers have or is it just one or the other stated in the first part of my post.
I think he can still give us a solid year.
The offense needs to retool to, well, what it was early in the season. They need to be able to run the ball. Plain and simple. BR still can throw it, no doubt about that. Without a running attack then the play action/over the middle passing game is not a factor at all.

The turning point, so to speak, last night was not going for it on 4th and short when we had the mo'. The reason why we didnt go for it? The inability to get a yard for the last half of the season. It had been embarrassing how bad they were in short yardage. The confidence was ZERO in getting that yard and that is sad for this franchise. I still think it was a terrible decision to NOT go for it, but I know why they didnt....

I think with getting Bush and some others back on defense, and an offense that can run the ball that this team can be very good again, for a year or two. Ben wont be able to scramble what he has in the past, but if they run the ball, it helps

I think he can still give us a solid year.
The offense needs to retool to, well, what it was early in the season. They need to be able to run the ball. Plain and simple. BR still can throw it, no doubt about that. Without a running attack then the play action/over the middle passing game is not a factor at all.

The turning point, so to speak, last night was not going for it on 4th and short when we had the mo'. The reason why we didnt go for it? The inability to get a yard for the last half of the season. It had been embarrassing how bad they were in short yardage. The confidence was ZERO in getting that yard and that is sad for this franchise. I still think it was a terrible decision to NOT go for it, but I know why they didnt....

I think with getting Bush and some others back on defense, and an offense that can run the ball that this team can be very good again, for a year or two. Ben wont be able to scramble what he has in the past, but if they run the ball, it helps
Do they take the best QB on the board when they pick?

Does Ben retire? He threw for 500 yards but he also had 68 passes. And 4 INT and if memory serves right none of them were great plays by the defense outside the batted one. And the tear at the end of the game? I doubt he's crying because he lost a playoff game, he's lost plenty of those as anyone who makes it as often as he does will. Maybe because this isn't how he expected to go out?

Mostly a genuine question, also somewhat just hoping he leaves me and the rest of Cincinnati alone after tormenting me for the last 16 years.

Does Ben retire? He threw for 500 yards but he also had 68 passes. And 4 INT and if memory serves right none of them were great plays by the defense outside the batted one. And the tear at the end of the game? I doubt he's crying because he lost a playoff game, he's lost plenty of those as anyone who makes it as often as he does will. Maybe because this isn't how he expected to go out?
He probably should, especially if he can take that buyout and walk away.