2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Yeah that sux. Then you watch college ball on Saturday with what looks like 20k plus attending.
A small detail but something that bothers me about the football IQ of many NFL players. Nelson and another DB battling to intercept that last ditch pass by Wentz...it’s 4th down just bat it down, the dolts on top of each other could easily have tipped that ball in the air allowing the Eagles receiver to catch it. Bat it away and the Steelers have the ball on what? The Eagles 30?
Yeah, I gave him a pass on that since it didn't matter at the end. Earlier in the game ...hell yeah.

Going back it looks like 2007 was the last time the Browns and Steelers met while they both have winning records.

Curious if they’ll try to roll with what they have or look at FAs or a trade. Cap space is pretty small, $3m or something.

Talk in the Trib this morning about trading JuJu for a LB. I don’t know if I like that idea or if it’s even viable. I guess the thought is that JuJu will be gone via FA after the season. Who is going to want to trade there starting MLB? And what do the Steelers do with him when DB comes back likely in 2021?

I wouldn’t do that. The Claypool hype is getting out of control if people think moving JuJu is a good idea. Claypool wouldn’t be nearly as productive with Washington on the other side

If you can keep Diontae Johnson healthy he can be very good. With him, Claypool and Washington, Juju becomes someone they might want to spend big money on. That being said, mid-season trades are tough to make (with the exception of Minkah).

Great to see the young receivers coming along so we dont have to empty the bank on JuJu when the time comes.

I say give Spillane a shot. Never heard of him until now. Played well in the second half. Gilbert and Allen can rotate in. I see Spillane's grandfather won the Heisman for the Fighting Irish. Not bad going from 2nd team All MAC to Steelers starting LB

Loss of Bush is huge and the reason why this team wont win the SB.
These things happen. It’s really the luck of the draw. Bush just twisted his leg, no contact. 10-11 games to go, what if Lamar or Mahomes go down? I don’t think this team was going to win the SB in any case but win 11-12 games get in and anything is possible.

Worst 6-0 team ever.
Ben still befuddles me sometimes. They left at least 6 points on the field with two stupid throws that were intercepted. I understand a win is a win but they have to clean this stuff up and put teams away. They did that last v the Browns but they are the a Browns after all.

Wow! Just beat an undefeated team on the road, held probably the most dangerous runner below 80 yards and I read three pessimistic posts. This is the NFL, not NCAA. No style points, no impressing committee members. Get the W and move on. Ravens are tough, but they're not unbeatable.

I think the issue here is the lack of killer instinct. Almost let the Eagles come back. Almost blew a 20 point lead today. They need to keep their foot on the pedal for 4 quarters against teams that aren’t the Browns

Wow! Just beat an undefeated team on the road, held probably the most dangerous runner below 80 yards and I read three pessimistic posts. This is the NFL, not NCAA. No style points, no impressing committee members. Get the W and move on. Ravens are tough, but they're not unbeatable.
I get what your saying and I was happy with the win. You have to admit they needlessly squandered points today that they could have used at the end. The NFL is a grind but you’ve got to be smart. On to Baltimore. Looking at the remaining schedule I think 13-3 sounds about right and that may earn only a WC. I’ll take it.

Last edited:
I get what your saying and I was happy with the win. You have to admit they needlessly squandered points today that they could have used at the end. The NFL is a grind but you’ve got to be smart. On to Baltimore. Looking at the remaining schedule I think 13-3 sounds about right and that may earn be only a WC. I’ll take it.
Good for third behind Balt and Cleveland.

Still should get us into the playoffs tho....

Good for third behind Balt and Cleveland.

Still should get us into the playoffs tho....
The Browns?? The same Browns who we just beat by 31? The same Browns who are 1.5 GB us? Pittsburgh will only be underdogs this for the rest of the year. Not predicting 15-1, but the 5-2 Browns will be dogs against Pittsburgh, Ravens and Titans. I doubt they'll go 3-0 the next three games ( Vegas,Texans,Eagles)
Plus I doubt the Ravens sweep us

The Browns?? The same Browns who we just beat by 31? The same Browns who are 1.5 GB us? Pittsburgh will only be underdogs this for the rest of the year. Not predicting 15-1, but the 5-2 Browns will be dogs against Pittsburgh, Ravens and Titans. I doubt they'll go 3-0 the next three games ( Vegas,Texans,Eagles)
Plus I doubt the Ravens sweep us
Nupanther, he wasn’t serious. He likes to dog the Browns (pun intended) Brownies will lose about half the games they have left their defense is atrocious. Browns are 50/50 in all three of their next games and underdogs v Vegas.

Nupanther, he wasn’t serious. He likes to dog the Browns (pun intended) Brownies will lose about half the games they have left their defense is atrocious. Browns are 50/50 in all three of their next games and underdogs v Vegas.
Thanks. I read thavoice post & obviously took it literally. I guess I was fooled on that one.

Any thoughts on how the Ravens game will go? I think they're Tennessee 2.0 on offense. Big physical backs (Ingram and Henry). Effective passing game. Obviously the running styles of the two QBs are different, but it seems with the exception of a big play or two Lamar hasn't been as explosive with his legs this year. I think we have a very good chance as long as you dont let Lamar run around like a wild man. I se our D containing his legs and keeping their passing numbers average

If this was a normal year.....I'd give this an 80% chance of a ravens win if in balt. And 80% if in pittsburgh on Sunday or Monday night prime time..

This year...with Bush it's 50/50, without him I'd say about 39.5% chance.