2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

I’m torn on the Texans game. They are 0-2 so probably due for a win cause they are at least an 8-8 team. We all know the Steelers recent history especially early in the season. That said I think they can play better than they did in the two wins and if they do I say 30-17 Steelers.

Some idiot schedule d a flight during the game . Saw it at half and the final...not surprised, looked like the run defense was stout again and the pass Def got their act together in the second.

On to next week

What I really like is the running game gets stronger as the game goes on. Decastro coming back helped. Gutsy call on the pass play on third down to move the chains and run put the clock

The Titans will be a test. If the Steelers can slow down Henry they likely win. Both teams come in 3-0 in today’s NFL they are both due for a loss. Interesting tidbit that yesterday’s game was the first in the past 26 games the Steelers had 0 turnovers. Because I’m a homer I’ll say Henry is stymied and the Steelers win 20-17.

I expect Vrabel to thoroughly out-coach Tomlin, but the game will be close due to the overall gap in talent. Lower scoring, 17-13 type of game.

Looking at Tennessee's stats for the first time. Seems they are struggling on D-especially run defense. Ben will also be the best QB the Titans face so far. I can see a double digit victory and the offense getting over 30 points

3 Titans players and 5 staff members test positive. Titan facility shut down until Saturday. pretty much no way Steelers Titans game happens this weekend.

Hmmm.. wonder how the league handles this. Titans bye week is week 7. Steelers week 8. No baseball doubleheaders or squeezing in games mid week like the NBA. Also their week 3 opponent (Vikings) closed their facilities.

the only possible way they play this week is if these turn out to be false positives and they let Titans back into facilities. can't make Titans play a game if they can't get in and practice the whole week. with that many positives, can't imagine they're ALL false.

NFL told the Steelers to prepare as if the game will be played. At least that’s what I was told.
I think the Titans should forfeit. ?

If the game Sunday is postponed, one possibility is rescheduling it for Oct. 25, which is Tennessee’s bye week. The Steelers are scheduled to play in Baltimore that day, but with both teams having a bye the following week, the Steelers-Ravens game could be played Nov. 1. However, that would give the Steelers three consecutive road games: at Tennessee, Baltimore and Dallas (Nov. 8).

That’d be a win for the Steelers if their game @Baltimore gets moved to a Sunday. I’m guessing the Ravens will fight such a move

That’d be a win for the Steelers if their game @Baltimore gets moved to a Sunday. I’m guessing the Ravens will fight such a move
I’m thinking there’s going to be more Covid activity to come from around the league. Hope I’m wrong. Teams are going to have to get use to it. NFL might want to consider a bubble of some sort.

not sure a bubble is possible for the NFL. for 3 weeks they were GREAT. i was surprised it took this long. obviously, when players come to practice and they're with the team, they're following all guidelines/protocols. it's what these players are doing when they're NOT there: are they going out without masks? are they exposing themselves to unnecessary environments? i get it. it's hard. don't need to isolate yourselves but if you take precautions wherever you go, you should be ok. obviously, some players and staff people did NOT do that.

not sure a bubble is possible for the NFL. for 3 weeks they were GREAT. i was surprised it took this long. obviously, when players come to practice and they're with the team, they're following all guidelines/protocols. it's what these players are doing when they're NOT there: are they going out without masks? are they exposing themselves to unnecessary environments? i get it. it's hard. don't need to isolate yourselves but if you take precautions wherever you go, you should be ok. obviously, some players and staff people did NOT do that.
Probably right. Seems everyone is a symptomatic so that makes it more difficult to self quarantine if you feel ok.

Hmm. Ok. One day is going to make a difference? Wonder how/if it would be televised on a Monday?
Was thinking the same thing but perhaps it's to allow the Titans time to re open their facility and have at least a day or 2 of meetings/practices instead of playing a game without any practice/walk through time.

figured it was almost impossible for them to have it on monday or tuesday. makes sense. adjust your FF rosters accordingly.

Big day for Claypool. Steeler pass defense not impressive. But a win is a win and 6-6 the rest of the way will get them into the playoffs and 5-7 probably will as well. So far they’ve found a way to make each win interesting.

Clowns next week........the stupid attendance restrictions will ruin our tradition of attending. For this game we usually have front row club, 50 yard line seats......

Clowns next week........the stupid attendance restrictions will ruin our tradition of attending. For this game we usually have front row club, 50 yard line seats......
Yeah that sux. Then you watch college ball on Saturday with what looks like 20k plus attending.
A small detail but something that bothers me about the football IQ of many NFL players. Nelson and another DB battling to intercept that last ditch pass by Wentz...it’s 4th down just bat it down, the dolts on top of each other could easily have tipped that ball in the air allowing the Eagles receiver to catch it. Bat it away and the Steelers have the ball on what? The Eagles 30?