2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

All wins are good.
All road wins are good.
All road wins in prime time are good, little easier with no crowds.

The only better wins are conference, and then of course, division wins.

Quick, short passing attack as always been the bugaboo of the steelers over the years to subdue the pressure, but it is tough to do because of the shear amount of plays it takes to score. Sooner or later, most younger QB/s/Teams will screw up.

Offensively, sorta looked like a NE Tom Brady sort of passing offense with a lot of short crossing routes.

Me likey.

A win is a win. Steeler have lost a few of these on the road in recent years. I haven’t seen much of Jones but I was impressed. Good poise and accuracy. Barkley got stuffed, difficult game one for him. I think Ben is going to be all right.

NYG game plan was good. Reminded me of the year when the first two teams, NE and LAR I believe, went no huddle, dink and dunk the whole game in weeks 1 and 2 and were very effective. The issue.....its tough to rely on 12+ play drives in the NFL against a good defense. Sooner or later the offense screws up or a defender makes a great play.

Dr. Jones, Dr. Jones, Dr. Jones (am the only one who thinks of the Indy Jones movies when they talk about that QB) looked very good.

Positives. Really liked Bud Dupree. We were all wondering if last year was a fluke. Good start to 2020. Claypool looks like he fits right in. Another weapon for Ben. As stated by Crusader Snell is looking better. Maybe got some pointers from his uncle.

Negatives? It's the Giants. Yes a win is a win. Jones is promising but made a couple of young QB mistakes. With him, Slayton and Saquon they'll be fine. Their O line got bullied by us.

Bud Dupree took the first step to a big payday next year. Too bad the Steelers can’t afford him.

Not surprised, but saw where Mr. Villanueva put a soldier who was KIA instead of promoting a criminal who was killed.

Good on him, good on him. Few years ago I purchased a Salute To Service jersey of his, a fake Chinese one of course, and that will be the last NFL item I purchase other than tickets to games.

This man continues to do the right thing.

Not surprised, but saw where Mr. Villanueva put a soldier who was KIA instead of promoting a criminal who was killed.

Good on him, good on him. Few years ago I purchased a Salute To Service jersey of his, a fake Chinese one of course, and that will be the last NFL item I purchase other than tickets to games.

This man continues to do the right thing.
Did you see the criminals mother was not happy about it?

Did you guys see Pouncey's take on it? Pretty interesting read
Crazy that they all bought in to honoring this kid without knowing the facts/or story. I guess they had to find someone to highlight in Pittsburgh. The fact that this is the best they could find probably is good news for the overall job the Pittsburgh police is doing.

Steelers did their best to make it a struggle. But a win is a win, they have lost their share of games likes this in the last 3 years. Texas up next.

Steelers did their best to make it a struggle. But a win is a win, they have lost their share of games likes this in the last 3 years. Texas up next.
Seen this same story too often. Let an inferior team stick around....but a win is a win is a win is a win.

Thoughts on the 3 PI penalties? I thought at least two were no calls. But I might be a homer.

Thoughts on the 3 PI penalties? I thought at least two were no calls. But I might be a homer.
One for sure was BS........on Bush.

You see later in that game, third and long throw down the middle by BR, looked like PI. You could see the backjudge distinctly reaching and trying to grasp for the flag, but seemed to not find it and just said F it and blew it as incomplete!

One for sure was BS........on Bush.

You see later in that game, third and long throw down the middle by BR, looked like PI. You could see the backjudge distinctly reaching and trying to grasp for the flag, but seemed to not find it and just said F it and blew it as incomplete!
Yes to Enron if I recall. At least as bad as a couple they called. Oh well long season these things usually even themselves out.

Still the same philosophy at work as in years past; same low levels of discipline and a lack of quality game-planning; same overall clunky, disjointed product from an absolutely loaded team. May win 11 games then get bounced early in the post-season again.

The challenge on the catch in the last minutes of the game was a joke. My son mentioned at the time that whomever is in charge of recommending a Red flag to Tomlin Should have his position re-evaluated. It cost the Steelers a time out that they would have needed had the Broncos scored.

That is MT's MO, terrible challenges. I am unsure if he has someone from up top to asssists in this, i know in the past they didnt.
The challenge on the catch in the last minutes of the game was a joke. My son mentioned at the time that whomever is in charge of recommending a Red flag to Tomlin Should have his position re-evaluated. It cost the Steelers a time out that they would have needed had the Broncos scored.

Not only was MT challenge flag stupid, so was the decision to hand the ball off to Conner after he ripped off that 50 yard run. A kneel down wouldve worked just fine. No need for a Herman Edwards type play.
We will see how they do against a better team in Houston

Should win, but they are due for a clunker.

Watson willl be able to elude the rush.

Texans 27
Stillers 24